SAU Community

R33 Gtr V Spec - Importr

On 4/14/2022 at 7:21 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

@IMACUL8 At a minimum I recommend this:

https://www.nzwiring.com/index.php/product/trigger-kit/

The OEM CAS is terrible on big powered cars, you always end up with triggering errors at high RPM.

Of course a proper crank/cam triggering kit is best.

Thankyou - appreciate the suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice car Dan. 

The Albins appears to be a good gearbox simply going off the word of mouth around the traps so to say, I'm unsure who you were ordering it through or the custom 3rd party casing/adapters to fit in the R33 tunnel as described, assuming PRP then is the reason for your problems.  Yes mirror image of what you said , things magically going missing, stuff that you paid for doesn't end up being in box (why is that so common??),  general bullshit that is no good and shouldn't happen especially as it's a 30K spend the guy that runs the show cares not about the stuff you wrote about (work hard etc, pay big money, pay for best product = let down) also customer plays part of the R+D of the custom bits / linkages or whatever at their expense and burden.    After sharing a similar view to you, I got bluntly advised its a privilege to even have any of their products so the waiting time (bullshit excuses etc, stuff magically grew legs walked out of the box, dissapears or magically somehow didn't end up in the box as you describe), which I experienced too ofcourse.

The EFR8474 you bought off me is a great little unit very similar to the 9180, yes it's snappy and drove like you described and it's best suited for something to punch through a few gears in and then just cruise once upto speed, it was great in a H pattern box coming into each gear so I can only imagine how great it works with the sequential keeping it on boost.

Edited by RB335