SAU Community

Yellow Sticker....after A Good 6 Years Without Them

Flash89

hey there peeps,

i got yellowed last thursday by a booz bus at 10:30 in the morning at carousel

got done for rims too wide (outta gaurds) and too low which yeahh i cant argue with but making me scrap up the curve was a bit rude.

popped the bonnet, the usual pods filters not aloud, me wait i have permits and dont need them for filters (i got my rb26 conversion engineered), ohhh really is it still valid.....huh what

so showed him and he still wasnt sure

now for the serious part.....the rear number plate, telling me next time he see my rear number plate bent im gonna get fined $1000 and it should be flat so cameras can see, you can clearly see my number plate and i have been done by a camera before.

anyways for what i have seen just about all skylines, silvias have had to bend their rear number plates to fit and my question is has anyone else had this said to them or had a problem or is this cop trying to make me shit my pants?

this is my first sticker in the last 6 years, has the process,prices or rules changed at all? i am just thinking to deregistering my car cause of the cost this might end up, if i got more things to fix, and i have been told that there is no more pits that you take it to a workshop now for an inspection

cheers peeps

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, that really sucks. I don't know what's going on with the cops at the moment, but they're being a serious pain in the arse!

I've just been yellow stickered as well. Driving home from doing some groceries with my wife and 3 coppers decided they were bored enough to hassle me.

In their opinion...

- Car too low (bullshit, the lowest part of my car/undercarriage is 120mm)

- Didn't like the "look" of my exhaust

- Oil leaks, but couldn't actually point any out to me. Apparently all Jap cars leak.

They didn't measure anything in regard to ride height, it was just a guess. Exhaust simply wasn't to their satisfaction. Oil leaks were an assumption.

I took it on the chin and went on my way, sticker and all. Went to a local inspection workshop, paid the inspection fee, and they said there wasn't an issue with the 3 problems the coppers raised, but handed me a list of things they wanted fixed, and slapped a FRESH yellow sticker on it. They're telling me I need a mod plate for the factory fitted GTR front strut brace, my front window tint is too dark and my front number plate is on a funny angle.

Are there ANY honest inspection stations in Perth? Why would I need a mod plate for a factory fitted strut brace? I took my car around to Tint-a-Car and they've said there's nothing wrong with my tint, and my front plate is dead straight.

END RANT.

Osborne Park are a pretty reasonable bunch of guys

With regards to the plates, I'm very sure that is a load of ass. My dad, who drives old English cars, had a plate made up because the rear plate was scratching his paint. Even though the ones he had made up were more reflective and obvious, the Snr Constable told him that he had to fit his actual plates (so that they knew he had possession of his issued plates etc), even though they had to bend to go on. They didn't fine him, and the policeman actually went away to research it, before calling him back.

I'd say you got a policeman in a bad mood on the day - they issue the plates and they know the car it's going onto. They are the state issued plates, and are visible/well displayed.

At the end of the day though, if they're going to ping you, they'll ping you. If he was a traffic cop, he probably had his quota needing filling (traffic cops do have quotas).

ohh yeahhh, well my car was about 90 when i measured at the lowest point. i didnt bother getting it through the pits as i just dont have the time to with work and all so i have now de licensed the car. i had a plan to do some major work to the car once my shed was up and running but this yellow just forced me to now

go figures they have a booze bus to get drunk drivers but decide to defect my car.

as for the factory strut brace, you just have to find a way to prove it came like that factory. i once got told to put my air bagged steering wheel back on and i said the car never came with one factory, and the way i proved it was going to nissan and getting a print out of the steering assy. also im pretty sure that suspension mods dont require a permit i read on the website