SAU Community

Bills 33 Gtst Streeter/track Car

Filed a dispute with V8 supercars over copyright of the yutube video of my Sandown lap and have managed to get a temporary lifting of the blockage, so here is my new  pb lap set on Nankang AR1. Of course the best lap happened to fall between 2 5 minute clips taken by my camera so i had to join the 2 together, there is a slight glitch you'll notice as im going down the back straight but the date stamp verifies the timing is all ridgey didge. Enjoy before v8 supertaxis blocks it again because i am clerarly a threat to their revenue.

• Like 1

V8 folks are threatened by a Skyline again?
Lol, well they are going to turbo 6's in a year or two. Just making sure the old RB's dont embarrass them again.

I dont know what there problem is, stopping blokes from putting their track videos online. I don't get how that impacts them negatively. dream boats will be dream boats.
  • Like 1

Read out your post in 3 hours, very impressive built and driving skill Bill. I always wanted a r33 gtst as a steetable track car. But I don't have the knowledge n mechanic skills like yours lol. But everything is happening with the help from forced motorworx and garage 460. Hope Donny can finished it at the end of this month and I will be seeing you on the track. 

Can you pm me your Facebook if it's okay? 

6 hours ago, Liquid R Bobby said:

Read out your post in 3 hours, very impressive built and driving skill Bill. I always wanted a r33 gtst as a steetable track car. But I don't have the knowledge n mechanic skills like yours lol. But everything is happening with the help from forced motorworx and garage 460. Hope Donny can finished it at the end of this month and I will be seeing you on the track. 

Can you pm me your Facebook if it's okay? 

Hey mate, thanks for the kind words. I dont do facebook so you can pm me here if you like. As far as mechanical skills, its never too late to learn. There's plenty of info on SAU to carry out just about any task you can think of on a skyline. Since your car is being built by Donny,  you shouldn't have any issues, will just need to maintain it. If you ever see me at a track day, come and say hi.  Welcome to Sau by the way, cheers.

31 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

That sounds stupid of v8 supercars to block your video.

Yeah i believe MRC owns Sandown

Sure is, it's ridiculous. Will be interesting to see the result of my dispute, whether they elect to let it play, remove it or want to play an ad before  hand. They've obviously got some sort of  new software algorithm that flags videos for whatever reason, im assuming its the sponsor names around the track.  I'll be very surprised and annoyed if they won't allow the video. 

Thanks[mention=5910]Dale[/mention] FZ1, most of the kerbs at Sandown have bitumen behind them. It helps a lot riding over the one above, enables the car to remain almost straight and ready for braking into dandy rd corner, slowest corner of track.

Great photos and amazing driving Bill, that's an unreal time!
Impressive how well the car is holding up too, with so much track work.
Yeah the car has been doing well and is largely in the same configuration as when you last saw it. Knock on wood it keeps holding together. I think its time to throw some money towards the braking department though. I have a plan that is being worked on atm.
  • Like 1

Managed to install these a couple of hours ago. Fitted up perfectly and bled easily enough with the help of the mrs.

I just slapped in some benshit ultimates in as they came with the kit until i decide on a suitable pad. I would go with intima type d but they don't make it atm. Ive been told by the dose man that they are going to and are currently testing a prototype for this calliper. The pad used is the same as mid 90's porsche 911 turbo. Im tossing up wether to just run an intima sr, project mu hc800 or just go full yolo baller spec $$$ and splash out on a set of pagid rs29 endurance pads.

Went for a test drive to bed the pads in. Im happy to report the pedal feel is fantastic with the stock bmc and the front/rear bias also feels pretty spot on. One of the reasons i went with the stoptechs is because they match the piston sizes in the calliper to suit the bmc in the car the kit is designed for. They nailed it.

Surprisingly the benshit ultimates have some pretty good bite on initial application. I think i might keep these as street pads.

Specs for the discs are 2 piece slotted stoptech airtech rotors 332 x 32mm.
IMG20171123145005.jpgIMG20171123161520.jpgIMG20171123161537.jpg

• Like 2