SAU Community

Hi First Time Jdm Owner, Stagea

Chibi

Hey Guys,

So i bought a 2000 Stagea RSFourS (WC34 ), the last one in Canberra, and am loving it!

But with all cars, age has run it's course on a few bits of the car and some stuff needs fixing.

so i was looking for a bit of advice, any you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

the major issue is the suspension, its cactus, the fronts are leaking and need replacing, and i was thinking of getting coil overs.

the research i have done suggests i have fork type suspension so i was thinking of getting these http://justjap.com/bc-racing-coilover-suspension-kit-nissan-stagea-wgnc34-awd-rear-fork-type-3116.html

Has anyone used these before, or have advice on a better choice?

One of the other issues i have is that the drivers side mirror (mirrors are electric) at speeds above 90 or in high winds it begins to move and unset itself.

It appears to be the actual bodywork bit of the mirror, not the actual reflective mirror bit, as trying to move it with the electronic controller doesn't work.

​Which means i have to wind down the window and move it manually with my hand, has anyone had this sort of issue before? or know why it is happening or how to fix it?

Thanks guys, if anyone has any other tips or knows mechanics in Canberra they recommend, id really appreciate it.

(I attached some pics for those interested)

post-141702-0-34284400-1446709106_thumb.jpg

post-141702-0-58565400-1446709146_thumb.jpg

The internal folding mechanism of the mirror probably has a bit busted off on the locating mechanism. While the gears can be taken out, the locating mechanism is a press fit one-shot manufactured deal and was impossible to take apart and put back together on both s1 and s2 mirrors. At least I wasnt game to bust it open and fabricate something.