SAU Community

2016 Round 1 - Jan 30th Sandown Track Day Multiclub

ssxRicho

Entry online via CAMS.
https://www.meecamsau.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&eventId=970&Itemid=516
You don't need to have a CAMS license to use the sign-on system. Sign-up, it's free, when asked for a license or club number enter TBA.

Garage bookings can be made through 0403 189 352

B63DBBE7-B89E-479B-A645-9C76AC286621.jpg
Event Partners
Shockworks
Shockworks offers a range of high quality performance chassis components including, 10 stage adjustable monotube shockabsorbers, high performance brake packages, links and rims. We also offer fully customized tuning service and support for road and race cars. Shockworks and NTS have developed a technical partnership that combines, leading tuning and development knowledge with the outstanding engineering and manufacturing quality Korea is now famous for.

SubRegs

Saturday Jan 30th 2016
$205 for members
$225 for others
Come & Try License available on the day for $25
Club day license available on the day or $5
Bacon and egg rolls for breakfast
Hamburgers for lunch

Timed groups available
Non-timed social sessions with passenger laps available
Caped groups for other car clubs
Track walk in the morning with instruction available

Will be a great mix of experienced drivers searching for better lap times, social drivers just out to have fun and novices wanting to set lap times.

We'll be conducting our popular track induction in the morning. Where we will be piling a few of you into cars and showing your around.

Entries
---------
Alex Barnes
Peter Blythe
Rebecca Bottomley
Michael Brne
Brody Carlesso
Mitchell Carlesso
Andrew Collins
James Columbine
Bill Dalianis
Matthew Doyle
Graeme Hadow
Simon Henman
Wai Ho
Vahagn Khachatryan
Carolyn Kruger
Sze (joshua) Lim
Vince Lopizzo
Leslie Maslaris
Jason Mcdonald
Josh Miller
Ken Ming
Timothy Munyard
Peter Owen
Mark Pether
Alan Pettett
Cameron Rees
John Richardson
Andrew Richmond
Paul Stephenson
Alexander Vandenbossche
Daniel Vetter
Terry Vitanopoulos
John Winterburn
JASON CAREY
Chris Madden
Alan Pettett
Michael Brne
Aaron Barnes
carlo urpis
Raff ferrara
Adrian taranto
Adrian Garvey
  • Like 3

Very keen.

With the pricing, what's it all up for a non-SAU/non-CAMS member?

Also re timers, are phone apps allowed?

CAMS for the day is $25 and SAU Membership for the day is $5. So add $30 to the non-member price.

Phone apps are fine and regularly used. Day license holders and passenger sessions are not 'officially' timed on natsoft, as the permit states 'non-competitive' that's all.

• Like 1

Have an app called TrackAddict that I found worked very well at PI - was .02-.06 seconds off the natsoft times and that's through internal GPS (you can bluetooth to external)...enough variance for amateurs not to worry about :)

CAMS for the day is $25 and SAU Membership for the day is $5. So add $30 to the non-member price.

Phone apps are fine and regularly used. Day license holders and passenger sessions are not 'officially' timed on natsoft, as the permit states 'non-competitive' that's all.

Have an app called TrackAddict that I found worked very well at PI - was .02-.06 seconds off the natsoft times and that's through internal GPS (you can bluetooth to external)...enough variance for amateurs not to worry about :)

Thanks guys that's great! I've used Harry's LapTimer at Sandown and it seems to work very well for the price.

Ive also used track addict at sandown, PI and winton. Was accurate to 0.05 sec and can be used as a camera. Was a little bit patchy at winton on the phones internal gps. Awesome considering it's free. Also used race chrono but moved to track addict for the camera capability. Would love to come to Sandown, trying to convince the wife after writing off my last car at a track day. My new ride needs a shakedown, I have a lot of convincing to do :ermm:. will let u guys know how I go with that.

• Like 1

Ive also used track addict at sandown, PI and winton. Was accurate to 0.05 sec and can be used as a camera. Was a little bit patchy at winton on the phones internal gps. Awesome considering it's free. Also used race chrono but moved to track addict for the camera capability. Would love to come to Sandown, trying to convince the wife after writing off my last car at a track day. My new ride needs a shakedown, I have a lot of convincing to do :ermm:. will let u guys know how I go with that.

Cheers good to know about Winton. Harry LapTimer's recommends Dual XGPS 160 (Sky Pro) as an external GPS sensor/booster: http://www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios-not sure if that would work with Track Addict.

Track writeoff sounds scary, hope you're ok!

^yeah, I was fine, that was back in june. Car (s15) was parted and now I got me a skyline. I think there is also an external GPS that can be bought for track addict through the app developer but I like free stuff :D

TrackAddict will work fine with most external GPS including the XGPS series - it's the phone and bluetooth compatability that is the question. but yeah, if you're only wanting laptimes, all you're gonna care about is that it logs the start and finish coordinates...in which case internal is fine for accuracy stated above. It just may not give you great looking race lines layed over a circuit (I found it did quite well at PI).

• 2 weeks later...

Also re timers, are phone apps allowed?

Android - Race Chrono Pro (pay for the app, it's worth it for added inputs etc).

Apple - Harry's Lap Timer

To get decent timing you will need to use external GPS that is suited (google to work it out). Internal phone GPS gets very whack at times and can be a second out. External GPS unit is like $70-$100 and will last all day on a full charge (most are USB).

Then you can upload all that data to Seriousracing.com and full data compare with others ;)

Definitely the way to go for self timing/data logging on a budget and the above set-up/apps is what most of us SAU track guys run.

• 2 weeks later...