SAU Community

2016 Round 1 - Jan 30th Sandown Track Day Multiclub

ssxRicho

Ok a bit off topic but might be relevant to the January track day too ... I'm heading to Sandown this coming Sunday and the current forecast is 35, ouch.

Any specific prep I should look at doing for such a hot day? I've got Defis for oil and water temps so will be watching those closely.

Does anyone know how R888's go in the hot (standard GG compound)?

Ok a bit off topic but might be relevant to the January track day too ... I'm heading to Sandown this coming Sunday and the current forecast is 35, ouch.

Any specific prep I should look at doing for such a hot day? I've got Defis for oil and water temps so will be watching those closely.

Check your brakes are in good condition and you've got good brake fluid too.

Do the licenses you can buy on the day allow you to enter the Timed sessions or just the non-timed? Just asking as the come and try licences in the Supp Regs are a different level to the normal Level 2S ones we have...

DRIVER ELIGIBILITY
All drivers must hold a current CAMS Level 2S licence or higher and be a financial member of a Club affiliated with CAMS in Victoria.
Come and Try Level 1 Licences will be available to eligible participants, see CAMS website for further information

Do the licenses you can buy on the day allow you to enter the Timed sessions or just the non-timed? Just asking as the come and try licences in the Supp Regs are a different level to the normal Level 2S ones we have...

DRIVER ELIGIBILITY
All drivers must hold a current CAMS Level 2S licence or higher and be a financial member of a Club affiliated with CAMS in Victoria.
Come and Try Level 1 Licences will be available to eligible participants, see CAMS website for further information

It's at the discretion of the Clerk. However we will be grouping Level 1 license holders in the social group(s) with no timing.

It will be a discussion if a level 1 license holder would like to go up into a timed group.

Good question Brett,

I will check and get someone to reply.

It's at the discretion of the Clerk. However we will be grouping Level 1 license holders in the social group(s) with no timing.

It will be a discussion if a level 1 license holder would like to go up into a timed group.

Thanks Collins / Richo,

Was thinking they would be separated at the start of the day so I can let people know and that there may be a possibility of getting into the timed groups at the discretion of the clerk...

Thanks Collins / Richo,

Was thinking they would be separated at the start of the day so I can let people know and that there may be a possibility of getting into the timed groups at the discretion of the clerk...

Badically, if head screwed on. They'll have a chance of getting into the timed groups.

If you don't have an oil cooler, you're gonna have a very bad time. Once you see oil temp hit 120 back off as it's gonna climb top 130-135 before it starts to come back down.

R888 will be fine, you'll run outta oil (and/or brakes depending on setup) before the tyres will give out

• Like 2

If you don't have an oil cooler, you're gonna have a very bad time. Once you see oil temp hit 120 back off as it's gonna climb top 130-135 before it starts to come back down.

R888 will be fine, you'll run outta oil (and/or brakes depending on setup) before the tyres will give out

Cheers. I was trying to get the cooler sorted this week but ran out of time, aiming for early Jan hopefully. Fingers crossed I don't cook it on Sunday.

Badically, if head screwed on. They'll have a chance of getting into the timed groups.

i like that plan as you would definitely want them to know what they are doing before putting them on the track with the guys trying to cut good lap times... :D

And EVO is booked into Import Monster's new service factory with a loooong ass list of shit to do.

I should be a starter for Jan 30 now, need to lock in a tune somewhere in Jan however.

Then prepare your ears for tyre squeal and bulk understeer, or has it still got the oem suspension package?