SAU Community

Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do?

Bigbob

Hi All,

I am new to forums, and very unfamiliar with this type of communication, as I was brought up in the era of snail mail and telefax etc, (I am sure you understand.)

I have a Skyline R31, 3.0Ltr engine, wagon, and currently I am not able to enter the front drivers door, because the handle has become total cracked and unstable which allows the key to not operate sucessfully.

The handle I discovered is made of a sturdy "plastic", and while I thought that was rather unusual I attempted to find a replacement, but to my dismay I have yet to find a replacement.

In relation to my research for this part, I wondered whether amongst the many people who own Skylines, whether others may have come across this issue, and whether there is a "fix", (maybe off another type of vehicle??) that would be suitable and give me the pleasure once again to open my door with my key.

My vehicle is an 1989, (series 3) Skyline, 3.0, Station Wagon, the handles are rectangular in shape and you lift to activate the release mechanism. If that is of any assistance, i am unable to access my photo of my handle but can supply one if that can be of any assistance.

:unhappy: :unhappy:

Hoping someone can help, I would be most grateful. Regards Bigbob

• Like 1

Hi Bigbob and welcome to SAU.

Almost certainly your only option is to buy a 2nd hand replacement from a wreck, check gumtree, ebay or wreckers (in order of price :)) eg http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WRECKING-1990-R31-NISSAN-SKYLINE-MANY-PARTS-AVAILABLE-/321903415081?hash=item4af2f04f29:g:VVkAAOSwo0JWLfao

BTW R31 Stageas are awesome.

• Like 1

You might have a bit more luck over at http://www.r31skylineclub.com/

Quite often, Nissan would use the same part in different models, eg I think it is the door handles on a 240Z are the same as on the 1600 (the Z handle was of course more expensive!). So it is likely that another model may use the same handle.

One solution to your door locking problem (although more expensive) would be to install a remote locking kit.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi All,

I ended up buying a scond hand handle mechanism from Ebay, and installed that then went and bought a key to fit the lock, I am now OK, thanks to your info,. and feedback. Regards, Bob