SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

nakameguro

Sau Members Based In Japan

Hey guys,

I'm an Aussie gtr owner based in Tokyo (kanagawa as of last month), and was wondering who of you also live in the land of the rising sun?

Hopefully if there are enough of us we could arrange the occasional meet up?

if you live in japan post a quick reply with your name, and area of residence in japan, and your car if you have one.

cheers!

Mish

7Xh40g2.jpg

yeah that was a quiet night! but every friday saturday night looks like this at Tatsumi PA or Daikoku Futo

here's a few more random pics from daikoku and tatsumi (low iPhone quality)

5G7ekJz.jpg

9Akj9BO.jpg

Uz56Pur.jpg

KCUtQFc.jpg

3KqGxlR.jpg

WxS35c9.jpg

IBIePho.jpg

ghgozUT.jpg

eeR6NcG.jpg

• Like 2

Totally awesome!! If you could post these pics up regularly, I'd love to share them among the social networks. We love this stuff!

Would be great to have a little SAU contingent in Japan!!

• Like 1

That was awesome, well edited too.

I think posting this stuff in the Japan section and I'll promote them around the site and on FB/Twitter etc.

I absolutely *love* those EVO wagons. So freaking cool.

Those Porsches also make my knees weak!

mate, you know what kills me? when i was looking for a car in early 2012 i saw a right hand drive 993 for around 25 grand Aussie! at the time i didn't quite have the money, and was a couple of months from being ready to buy a car. the cheapest one i can find now is 50+ grand! i also saw this happen with the hakosuka, and ken&mary non gtr skylines. prices on most modern classic cars is really going up in japan!

cool mate i'll start adding more content as i get the r32 out on the wangan, and to the meets here. i'll also try to get some dyno videos from Top Secret when i get it tuned.

cheers mate!

Awesome pics and cars. Thanks for posting. Can you get to Tatsumi PA by bicycle? I tried Shibaura near the Rainbow Bridge but had no luck.

• Like 1

Cheers Loach! No, the only access to tatsumi is via car or motorbike as it's on the freeway.

Where are you based in Tokyo?

That sucks, thanks for the info though. I PMed you too.

Any more Japanese based members on here?

To bump your old thread, I'm living in Yokohama (out near Kamiooka station) and working in Minato Mirai

I have yet to experience Daikokufuto, in the past when my friend tried to take me it was closed, so we went to Tatsumi and Umihotaro.

delivered yesterday:

zxce7qyl.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Been nothing happening for a while as got the sil80 going and been trying to decide what direction to go but have been doing the important things like painting cam cover and making heat shield for the turbo.  Fitted some more lights to the work area in the shed and converted to LEDs. Heaps better with the extra lights.  Pulled out the ecu and loom this week to start planning a new loom with extra sensors and inputs.  Considering going DBW as liking it on the other car. So will have to send ecu back to link for modding.  Car is booked in to get the engine bay and under side blasted end of July so have to get a move on stripping. 
    • Yep - I have had three different EFR's - and still run an 8474.  All have had this casting issue and I didn't like it either.   The Turbo's perform well - but its disappointing to see this lack of quality control - and yes it does make you naturally wonder if there are other problems that you can't see. I think that Borg Warners attitude to "its fine, and doesn't stop it working" is not a good thing.  As others above have said, other manufacturers seem to get their castings nice and tidy and you would expect that the top of their line be well finished.   Maybe BW should have a read of this thread and think about it for Version 2.0.     PS.  I've had 8374 and 8474 back to back on same engine - and I can say that in my experience the 8474 definitely does not spool as quickly as the 8374.   I can say this from dyno charts, seat of the pants feel, logging and track times.   The 8474 does exactly what you would expect:  Spools a bit later (200-300rpm), and makes a bit more power up top.         
    • Will do, thanks.   Do you know from memory which of these two plug (red marker) is for reverse switch ? also what is other one for ?  
    • The 20DET RWD box and the 26/20DET AWD box both have a reverse switch. The reverse switch wiring will definitely be on the diagram. I'm 2000km away from my copy of the manual, so can't easily look for you. Keep looking.
    • Just so people know it's not an isolated incident! This is my brand new compressor cover from a 8374 alloy supercore that I purchased to replace my old turbo which has a slight bearing noise which I put down to oil starvation due to a restrictor put in the line from the Fabricator even though it was clearly stated not to run one with this turbo. Not only did the new cover look like shit the new turbo was overly "tight" from factory and after numerous phone calls and diagnostics with GCG I was told it was fine and to run it... Did a few warm up laps at Wakefield Part and just about melted the cold side piping and cooler due to the turbo issue as it was glowing hot! Took the turbo back to GCG for warranty repairs and had it stripped, assessed and re-assembled with no fault found but now the turbo spins freely and spools down as it should. Car had not been run on a track since that day as I have zero confidence in the setup and I am strongly considering selling the whole hot side and going back to a single gate, single scroll basic setup to remove potential failure points! The turbo was only one of many issues with my cars setup, since the build it has lifted the head, gates have come loose, gate lines/fittings have melted or broken and the thing wont keep oil in the engine! The reason my car hasn't seen the track in nearly 2 years is shonky workmanship in a big $ build and left hanging with an expensive POS that I can't drive for more than a session! I will build it back up again and get it on track soon but I doubt it will be with an EFR still fitted! End of rant..... Actually probably not..... 🤬