SAU Community

Dan's R33 Gts-t Budget Circuit Racer

dan.1337

On 9/14/2016 at 1:16 PM, dan.1337 said:

After the test fit from the phone, I had to bend and modify the UAS one anyway and it still doesn't clear my wheels properly at full lock.

Thanks again for the photo and link mate! Here's how the DIY ones turned out, no issues at full lock as yet: http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/448613-r34-gtt-brake-improvement-without-breaking-the-bank/?do=findComment&comment=7777134

On 21/11/2015 at 11:24 PM, dan.1337 said:

Thanks!

I have Cusco camber arms and an ebay HICAS lock bar.

Fronts are running -3 camber, rears around -1. Toe slightly out and slightly in on the rear. Standard caster adjustments.

I don't actually remember the exact settings as it was done manually by my tyre guy who doesn't use a printer.

Hey man, is -3 degree the max you can get out of the Cusco arms? I have my own 33 GTS track car/build and I'm starting to destroy shoulders now I've sorted the chassis rigidity and ride height all out. It'll only get worse when I put semis on. -3 Is probably a good start currently all front arms are stock.

22 hours ago, Tangles01 said:

Hey man, is -3 degree the max you can get out of the Cusco arms? I have my own 33 GTS track car/build and I'm starting to destroy shoulders now I've sorted the chassis rigidity and ride height all out. It'll only get worse when I put semis on. -3 Is probably a good start currently all front arms are stock.

Yeah, that's the max I could get.  My tyre wear seems to be pretty even across the surface, but then again, tyre wear is mostly determined by the amount of toe you run.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2016 at 11:48 AM, dan.1337 said:

Yeah, that's the max I could get.  My tyre wear seems to be pretty even across the surface, but then again, tyre wear is mostly determined by the amount of toe you run.

Yeah it's not wear i'm worried about, purely grip levels cheers.

• 6 months later...

It's been a long time without you my friend... 

Quick update here since a few things have changed in my last update from 2016. 

Speed trap analysis for my 1:35 lap taken from RaceChrono:
295e6o0.png 

30m7cb9.jpg

r8hxqs.jpg

5mmvi8.jpg

At the end of 2016 I took a role overseas and moved to HK in January 2017 for at least the next two years. I was able to have one last drive through some of the best roads in Victoria with a mate before deregistering my car and storing it till I return.

11ukwub.jpg 

2h3bhol.jpg

I actually miss driving it quite a lot, especially after seeing all the recent track activity. I will be back and I hope the z221s mature nicely over time like fine wine...