SAU Community

Innovate Vs Aem - Wideband Kits?

Dan_J

On 25/11/2015 at 11:58 AM, scotty nm35 said:

My LC1 failed after 4 years, now I am using the LC2 in the Stagea it seems fine.

On 25/11/2015 at 12:24 PM, scotty nm35 said:

I am under the impression the LC1 had a voltage regulator problem, especially when the control unit was mounted in the engine compartment due to heat. Mine is mounted in cabin and I don't have any issues.

Hey Scotty, where did you weld your bung in? I’ve got your dump and catted front pipe, just wondering where best place for the Lc-2 would be, cheers

On 9/11/2017 at 8:30 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I've found the LC range complete garbage and will either blow sensors or the controller will just die. Most of those cars that were originally fitted with LC-2 have now been replaced with AEM UEGO gauges.

The MTX-L (when they first came out) same deal, would first destroy sensors then give you an E9 error then eventually the gauge stops working even with new sensors. However I was able to get a new gauge through warranty and so far it's been ok (when the car was running). 

The only reason I've stuck with innovate is because of serial out which integrates with my Adaptronic.

Good old Klaus,

I was them when it was first started, I personally got sick of all of the problems associated with supporting the use of those. They are A grade 24k gold plated turd.

YMMV. My MTXL setup with the original sensor has been running fine now for 4 years and 4 months. I have been careful not to leave the ignition on without the engine running. The only thing that has given me pause for thought is the fact that the car has begun to run richer than normal according to the gauge, but I haven't done a free air calibration in ages either.