SAU Community

Tail Parking Lights Not Working

valf

Noticed yesterday that my tail lights don't work anymore.

If I brake, it works fine but having the lights on, just the headlights will work.

Thought I may have blown a fuse while installing the new head unit.

Checked the fuses next to the accelerator pedal and they are all good.

Is the fuse for lights in another fuse box?

Has anyone had this problem before ? Couldn't find anything here or on m35stagea forum.

Just checked all fuses there and they are all good.

Checked the side tail lights and lamps are not blown either. Not sure which taillights are on actually when you turn them on but I think it is the same as the brake light.

What's weird is that my brake lights work fine.

uyiQQmd.jpg

Gonna check the tail light block with my multimeter to see if I get current there at least which I doubt

Edit: Checked, no juice and blew the brake light fuse to be able to locate it. It's near that accelerator pedal.

Edit2 : found this on the forum and can't see the lights fuses in this so there is still hope :)

post-69799-1267241477.jpg

Edited by valf

As I was looking for the bung under the battery, I removed more pieces of the car and found the 3rd fuse box just above the drain bung and the blown fuse too ! :)

So the story is that my new head unit I installed was blowing my tail lights fuse. The harness I got is probably not the good one (even though the HU works perfectly)

After blowing a couple more fuses, I unplugged the heat unit ... (removing the fascia for the 3rd time .. sigh) and fuse didn't blow up anymore.

Here is a picture of the fuse cover in the top right of the engine bay

cvXcgUT.jpg

Seen from an other topic after a long search

DONT NOT GROUND THE RED/BLUE WIRE!!!! it is actually the cabin lights/parkers/tail lights!!!

This! Exactly what I did, blew the fuse

Got music now :) Everything is working again

• 5 years later...
On 11/28/2015 at 9:47 PM, valf said:

As I was looking for the bung under the battery, I removed more pieces of the car and found the 3rd fuse box just above the drain bung and the blown fuse too ! :)

So the story is that my new head unit I installed was blowing my tail lights fuse. The harness I got is probably not the good one (even though the HU works perfectly)

After blowing a couple more fuses, I unplugged the heat unit ... (removing the fascia for the 3rd time .. sigh) and fuse didn't blow up anymore.

Here is a picture of the fuse cover in the top right of the engine bay

http://i.imgur.com/cvXcgUT.jpg

Churr bro need help as my Nissan stagea is doing the same thing were bouts did u find the fuse box bro