SAU Community

Class Action Against V W Has Begun.

GTR-N1

Where's my bunnings gift cards?

I don't own a vw, but I breathe their fumes every day.

I need financial compensation dammit!

On a srs note, how many cars have they checked on a licensed test bed vs street use?

As with all cars imported into Australia, all emissions are presumed to be that of the original test car.

Maybe the original car did pass.

The subsiquent cars didn't.

Also, was the test vehicle new?

Run in?

Correct oil?

Correct fuel?

All can be argued makes a difference.

And vw allow 500ml of oil use every 1000kms (stated in the owners handbook).

This could also add to emissions.

• Like 1

Is that for real? So after 10,000km, VW reckons 5L of oil usage is okay?

yes.

Is actually in the handbook.

And the services are every 15k.

So, 7.5L of oil.

Most only take around the 5L mark.

Are there very many VW owners out there who wouldn't buy a VW again; and for reasons other than this recall issue?

I guess I'd need to check reviews comparisons after medium term usage.

I'm not interested in new car reviews, as they only tell half the story.

Are there very many VW owners out there who wouldn't buy a VW again; and for reasons other than this recall issue?

I guess I'd need to check reviews comparisons after medium term usage.

I'm not interested in new car reviews, as they only tell half the story.

Terry, my wife and I love our Passat. Its a fantastic car that does domestic and road trip duties very well. Its put up with our family and the dogs and is just effortless in its work.

BUT, I feel that I can't trust VW now. My issue is with the manufacturer, not the car.

• Like 1

I was looking into an mk5 GT sport diesel earlier this year... after digging deep into the direct injector issue that was basically affecting every car with that particular motor, VW never issued a recall and would only replace on warranty if the owner took the car to the dealership (after it had broken down).

no one on the internet ever confirmed it if was injector or loom related.

That plus early DSG issue... its not that these issues arent now resolved, its VW's lack of action towards addressing the issue and doing everything in its power to not do a recall.

I was looking into an mk5 GT sport diesel earlier this year... after digging deep into the direct injector issue that was basically affecting every car with that particular motor, VW never issued a recall and would only replace on warranty if the owner took the car to the dealership (after it had broken down).

no one on the internet ever confirmed it if was injector or loom related.

That plus early DSG issue... its not that these issues arent now resolved, its VW's lack of action towards addressing the issue and doing everything in its power to not do a recall.

All our injectors and loom were replaced. We got a letter from VW about it. Not sure if it was an 'official' recall or just a 'make good'.

• 4 months later...

Terry, my wife and I love our Passat. Its a fantastic car that does domestic and road trip duties very well. Its put up with our family and the dogs and is just effortless in its work.

BUT, I feel that I can't trust VW now. My issue is with the manufacturer, not the car.

MITSUBISHI last week

DAIMLER BENZ this week

PEUGEOT probably too

...pinged for emissions aberrations and probable fudging.

• Like 1

So, if every manufacturer has fudged their figures, is it possible to reach the targets being set?

And if no one trusts those cheating, who will they purchase cars from?

Mitsubishi figure fudging wasn't in relation to emissions, it was making the economy seem better., on one kei class car.

I would hardly think every manufacturer is cheating.

• 8 months later...

F.B.I. Arrests Volkswagen Executive on Conspiracy Charge in Emissions Scandal

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/09/business/volkswagen-diesel-emissions-investigation-settlement.html

"The arrest came as Volkswagen and the Justice Department neared a deal to pay more than $2 billion to resolve the criminal investigation into the emissions cheating. The company or one of its corporate entities is expected to plead guilty as part of the deal."

"Volkswagen has already agreed to pay up to nearly $16 billion to resolve civil claims in what has become one of the largest consumer class-action settlements ever in the United States, involving half a million cars."

• Like 1