SAU Community

K-less's 1996 R33 Skyline R33 Gts25t Sii

Thanks GeorgeLow, am definitely looking forward to the tune part of things and getting to finally drive the car again. Will be posting updates and will post results and dyno graphs once done :-).

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Haven't updated in a long time but managed to get the exhaust and wastegate pipe all installed in April, Today car was towed to the tuners to have all the fluids and other bits done and to get the tune sorted and car ready for a cert. Will post an update, fingers crossed all goes well.

IMG_4251.JPG

Looney_Head, there were some issues which are getting sorted out and should be tuned and ready for cert at the end of the week, have had to drop my old fuel rail in as they fuel rail on it was causing problems with not bolting down / seating properly so there was a air leak. There were also some minor leaks which were fixed. WIll keep you updated,

• 9 months later...

Its been a while since ive lasted updated. Long story short now is that the car suffered some issues on the dyno and the engine was fully rebuilt with forged pistons and some other new bits and pieces. Will post up the specs and dyno results soon. Car has been fully tuned.

• Like 1

Dyno Sheets and Boost Plot below. Car now has forged pistons and the cams are also slightly different along with some other minor changes. Will post up specs soon.

SkylineBoost.jpg

SkylineDyno.jpg

• 1 year later...

Been a while since I posted, but car is currently getting a Turbo Upgrade and retune as the current turbo was on its last legs. Will post results soon but Turbo has been upgraded to a BorgWarner EFR 7670.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So Big Update now. After getting the BorgWarner EFR 7670 put on there, it turns out the CAS was also playing up. So the Power FC has now also come out and so has the Airflow Meter and CAS. Am now running a MaxxECU with Temp Sensor and Map Sensor ETC. Also had Oil Pressure and Fuel Pressure Sensors put in. Final Results are below. Red Line is the low boost every day setting. 15 psi. The Blue Line is the High Boost Setting which I havent dared touch yet lol! 20 Psi.

51450637_10155785108566831_3331566647872847872_n.jpg

• Like 1

So I have 287Kw at the rear hubs and 324Kw at the rears on high boost. Feels very violent from 4000 rpm. Am still getting use to it. But am currently loving it ?

Some more pictures. Needs a clean though. Will probably try clean it this weekend on my time off lol.

51704652_10155785108846831_8076386559303090176_n.jpg

51156337_10155785108786831_8276424214437691392_n.jpg

51570544_10155785108721831_4258440707976462336_n.jpg

51521451_10155785108726831_6440747959402364928_n.jpg

51204975_10155785108511831_2947863645561815040_n.jpg

Nice!

Can we some some more details?

Stock manifold? Internal gate? If so any issues with Install?

Could the car take any more boost?

Also how does the EFR feel like to drive compared to the previous turbo?

keep it up!

2 hours ago, Looney_Head said:

nice work getting it sorted. do you know what cams are in it now? i bet its a hoot on the road with the 7670.

Hey Looney_Head. It definetly feels great to drive on the road! The Cams in it are Kelford Cams. Specs are:

Intake: 262 And 262 Exhaust 9.30 mm Lift 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blah_blah said:

Nice!

Can we some some more details?

Stock manifold? Internal gate? If so any issues with Install?

Could the car take any more boost?

Also how does the EFR feel like to drive compared to the previous turbo?

keep it up!

Hey blah_blah

Yup I used the stock Manifold along with a spacer plate like a lot of people have done for the GT3076 on a stock manifold. The turbo is using an Internal Gate however am running a Upgraded Turbosmart Actuator as per reccomendations. I would say the car could probably take more boost, however I am currently more than happy with the power levels and how it drives. So will just keep it on that for the moment. Car definitely feels a lot better than the old turbo. The old turbo was using a .63 ar housing and was very similar to a gt35. I need some better rubber as it currently feels like it will light up 3rd with ease.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, K-LESS said:

Hey Looney_Head. It definetly feels great to drive on the road! The Cams in it are Kelford Cams. Specs are:

Intake: 262 And 262 Exhaust 9.30 mm Lift 

hows the idle on the 262's? my Tomei 254's don't have much of a lope at idle, are you still running VCT with those cams?

• Like 1

Nice work, again - must be quite fun :)

Interestingly enough one of the cars I've been involved with a bit has it's tune all dialled in, VERY similar concept to yours but running stock cams and has an internal gate EFR7064 on the stock manifold.  That hit 300wkw on 20psi on a local rolling road dyno, and feels barely laggier than stock - we'll have to try and give it a run on Prestige's dyno to see what the power equates to on the hubber.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:19 AM, Looney_Head said:

hows the idle on the 262's? my Tomei 254's don't have much of a lope at idle, are you still running VCT with those cams?

Hey Looney_Head. Still definetly running VCT with these CAMS. Car sounds nice. When you mean lope are you talking about that lumpy cam idle?

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, Lithium said:

Nice work, again - must be quite fun :)

Interestingly enough one of the cars I've been involved with a bit has it's tune all dialled in, VERY similar concept to yours but running stock cams and has an internal gate EFR7064 on the stock manifold.  That hit 300wkw on 20psi on a local rolling road dyno, and feels barely laggier than stock - we'll have to try and give it a run on Prestige's dyno to see what the power equates to on the hubber.

Is definetly a lot of fun thanks man ?

The car you mentioned sounds awsome. Ive had a lot of people ask why I kept the stock manifold. I guess I just couldn't justify spending that kind of cash on something that wasn't required. Mind you I ended up doing a lot of things that most probably wouldn't do. I.E front facing plenum, but I just completely dislike the stock setup from a aesthetics point of view lol.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:05 PM, K-LESS said:

Mind you I ended up doing a lot of things that most probably wouldn't do. I.E front facing plenum, but I just completely dislike the stock setup from a aesthetics point of view lol.

Funny thing about the FFPs, there seems to be a lot of knocking them on SAU but I personally am a pretty big fan. 

10 years ago the HKS GT2535 was deemed one of the perfect bolt on turbos for mild RB25s, and Prestige's dyno happens to have a mates old stock plenum RB25/98 dyno plot from when he had a GT2535 on his back at that time... so we decided to overlay the plot from an early attempt with the EFR7064 (we ran into boost control issues first time out) setup which runs a FReddy plenum, and the EFR7064 setup made more EVERYWHERE than the GT2535... from 2000rpm to 7500rpm, with the gap only getting bigger as the rpm increased.

The GReddy style plenums in my experience offer a nicer wider spread of torque and as you say, are nicer aesthetically and give a bit more room for activities if you go high mount as well

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 7:01 PM, K-LESS said:

Hey Looney_Head. Still definetly running VCT with these CAMS. Car sounds nice. When you mean lope are you talking about that lumpy cam idle?

yeah the lumpy cam idle. my 254's don't have any lumpy idle.