SAU Community

R32 Gtr Climate Control Globes

GoneGoose

None of the climate control buttons (temp up/down, mode, fan, etc) light up when I turn the lights on (a couple of the gauges also don't light, but those globes are easier to find). I am assuming the bulbs are burned out because everything else functions, but being in the US even the Nissan dealer can't tell me what the proper globe part number is to buy replacements.They gave me the part number from a 90 300zx, but it would be a special order without any proof they will be the right size.

If someone can tell me the proper part number for the globes, or possibly a suggestion of what else might cause them all to fail at once I would appreciate it. The part number the dealer gave me was 27613-01p10. A google search only lists the 300zx as a fit for that part number, which makes me question if it will work in a Skyline. Thanks in advance.

well here is the fast diagram, the bulb part number for my VIN is 28529-05U00.

climate-bulbs.jpg

Having said that, it seems unlikely they have all gone at once for no other reason. I've not had that unit in the car for a while but I assume the lights are meant to come on when the headlights do?

If so, which other lights do or don't light up when the headlights do? Dash? Radio? Other dash buttons? It seems more likely a fuse is blown or there is a wiring issue.

I don't have it handy at the moment, but from memory the dash/switch lights come from the taillight fuse because they come on at the same time. From there, there are about a billion joins in the loom and one of those may have failed. They also join through either a pink or green common joiner near the fuse box so something may be missing there as well. either way, you could probably tap into something like the dash's lights and run a wire to the climate control unit if that is the issue.

They're called a T3.

I went to LED's, colour choices and brighter illumination, easily sourced on the net.

Cheap, usually come in a set of 6 so you'll have a few left over.

I went for blue colour thinking it would match the original but no they're too dull.

In Aus we have a forum member who sells all sizes of LEDs but I guess you'd find a source closer to home.

post-73571-0-13413600-1449607037_thumb.jpg

post-73571-0-88008900-1449607054_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies. Turns out a 92 Subaru SVX uses the same bulbs and my dad has one of those as a parts car. That will tide me over until I find better ones online.

As far as all of them going out at once, they have been dead since I bought the car so they very well could have died one at a time and the previous owner just never replaced them.

Edit: Just to add some additional info. All 6 bulbs really were bad. Also 1 of the 3 gauges in the middle cluster and about half the bulbs around the dash are also burned out. Also 1 from the primary gauge cluster. Apparently the previous owner didn't care about interior lights.

Edited by GoneGoose

One more question. The bulbs around the dashboard (headlight switch, rear defrost, etc) look similar to the T3s in the climate control, but with a much longer "neck". Any ideas what those are? I am not finding any T3s that match. Thanks again.

Here's what I'm gonna be using for my climate control lights.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/instrument-cluster-gauge/neox-led-bulb-high-power-instrument-panel-led/221/

And those long neck bulbs are 3mm bulbs. So here's what Imma buy. (Bulk sale but cheaper then buying separate )

http://www.topledlight.com/Wholesale-3mm-led-lights_c809

Just need to remove the old bulb and wire these the same way. Pretty simple. You will love going to LED over regular stock bulbs. So much brighter and cleaner looking.

P.S.

Forgot to add I'm in America so not sure what shipping might be for you or what you may have that's closer lol

Edited by B-Turbo

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...