SAU Community

Formula 1 2016

JAS-25T

No free to air definitely hurts. Lack of money to teams and circuits hurts.

Freezing the most influential aspect of car performance is retarded

Free up engine development...limit teams to four floor and wing combos per year and CVC take a sane amount of miney each year and invest in their business.

Pretty simple really. I dont think the engines or rules are that far away.

I know I didn't post much in the 2015 thread because of the lack of FTA coverage.

Bringing back refueling might help things improve, but they also need to get rid of the fuel flow limit, otherwise it's pointless. F1 management needs to hand out more money to the teams, and more evenly, so that there can be new teams come into the sport and the low budget teams actually have a chance to stay viable and have something to fight for rather than just being there to make up the numbers, running round a few laps down. But the fact that they are so fast and require do much aero to just stay on the track means that on track overtaking has really taken a back seat to the undercut, which reduces the spectacle. This is where tin top racing does it well. Low down force and tight performance parity means close on track racing.

So they either need to blueprint the engines or open up development (the latter of which will only help the big teams, and make the budget teams struggle even more to make the time cut).

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the request to change the teams name has been submitted, but it needs to be ratified by both the FIA and FOM, as well as a unanimous vote of the teams.

Does anyone know if Lotus is being rebranded Renault this season or doing its final season as Lotus?

Their facebook page had a short clip of them pulling the Lotus sign down last night. So it's looking pretty likely that they are being re-branded asap

Wow...since the 2009 seasons F1 there has ony been 4 new race winners. Webber, Disco Dan, Pastor and Rosberg

Outside of those new entries its been the same old Rubens, Vettel, Homo, Alonso, Button and Kimi.

The decade 2000 – 2009 saw 14 new winners representing 10 different teams, of whom two – Lewis Hamilton and Juan-Pablo Montoya – took victory in their debut seasons.

Alonso, Button, Rosberg, Hamilton, Raikkonen and Vettel made their F1 debuts aged 22 or younger winning 104 of the 115 GPs since 2010.

Those other 11 race winners are:

- 3 Disco Dan

- 1 Pasta

- 7 Webber

Pretty depressing when you look at the pool of talent F1 teams currently have. Sauber and Marussia have dial a racers driving but the rest of the grid has genuine talent/race winning potential (err lets just leave Pasta out of this...)

I cant see 2016 bring more variety. Perhaps Mercedes can do a McLaren and turn a race winning car into a dog for half a season :)

• Like 2

Does anyone think it would change when Bernie dies?

One thing that annoys me is the rev limiters on these, does anyone know what they would rev to if it wasn't for the rules? it just sounds like the cars are constantly short shifting or it might just be all in my head.

Does anyone think it would change when Bernie dies?

One thing that annoys me is the rev limiters on these, does anyone know what they would rev to if it wasn't for the rules? it just sounds like the cars are constantly short shifting or it might just be all in my head.

Fuel flow restrictions are the main reason they dont rev that hard. Also the torque means they dont have to rev as hard combined with the restriction to amount of engines they are allowed to run...all means only turn yhem up when racing for position/ as necessary

Damn, i didn't think of the fuel restrictions.

Another thing that disappoints me is the tyres, it's boring watching them race around to preserve the tyres and i guess it's the same with the fuel as well. They aren't racing against each other anymore, the gaps between the teams is way too big, Torro Rosso and Marussia will never be competitive because they get last seasons ferrari engine designs. Nothing against Mercedes as they have mastered this engine faster than the others but i want to see the drivers drive (if that makes sense)

They just need more kimi Raikkonen's haha.