SAU Community

Formula 1 2016

JAS-25T

P1 commentary

TedK "I do believe those glass Lewis is wearing looking at the computer screen are for fashion only, he's got perfect vision"

AnthonyD "I believe you'll find that's actually a mirror" :-) classic.

• Like 1

Ferrari stooged themselves. Race strategy 101 - If you're covering a car behind you who's already pitted, cover off the same tyre strategy FFS! That way you're not exposed if there's a safety car... That cost them the race. Also could have covered Nico with Kimi at the same time, back the pace off a touch on the out lap to help Seb maintain the lead when he pits. That way they remain 1-2. I couldn't believe they let Nico undercut like that.

Best thing about the race - Ferrari look like they've got a great launching car. Hope that pattern continues for a while - makes it less important if Merc are untouchable in qualy if Ferrari can jump them at the start :)

Da Fark?

Lewis being Lewis

It's no secret I'm not a fan of him, but to me he always seems to try and do things so people will go 'wow, Lewis is really cool'

I think he should stick to driving the car

Lewis being Lewis

It's no secret I'm not a fan of him, but to me he always seems to try and do things so people will go 'wow, Lewis is really cool'

I think he should stick to driving the car

I used to like him, I still like the way he drives but he's a massive tool these days.

Because Ferrari always seem to make strange calls more often than not.

Good to see Aloso is ok....hope he keeps fightinhg in that dog of a Mclaren....would be great to see him back at the front

Nice to see HAAS in 6th in their first race, but it's really not a representative finish.

STR gifted them 2 places. Ferrari retirement gifted them another. The other RBR should have been up there apart from al their woes culminating in not starting the race. Bottas being MIA all day equals yet another place...

Edited by hrd-hr30

But its motorsport and there always tales of how ppl-teams got their weekends wrong.

The fact that HAAS capitalised on an opportunity when others hicupped isnt surprising...the fact that a new team got ir right on their first weekend is mega. Hope thwey can squeeze in a result in the top 10 every 4th GP or so to keep it interwsting for Romain and the casual observation of Ferrari-Allison

just not normally that many...

They played it very conservative and it payed off.

The more impressive thing was how much faster the Renault PU is (by either name). It's got some straight line poke now. Dan passed Massa on the main straight, and the Works Renault team haven't gone backwards much if any from last year when they were Merc powered Lotus.

Edited by hrd-hr30