SAU Community

Formula 1 2016

JAS-25T

Q&A session with Button

Are you a lightweight? How much is too much to drink? Lewis Hamilton

I can definitely drink more than him! That's all I do know and that's all that matters. And I've never crashed a road car.

Hamilton will go and win 6 straight mid season...he has been menaced 2 GPs in a row and still racked up points. Rosberg has done what he needed to but i need to see him beat Lewis in wheel to wheel combat to prove to me he has the headspace to win the WDC this year

he has won 5 in a row. Probably deserves a little credit...

Hass goes half alright! But then it is half Ferrari :P

STR are mixing it with Williams and RBR as predicted - good to see. But the Renault PU s going OK these days too.

It's shaping up as a pretty tasty season. Even Kimi looked like he was actually there to race this weekend!

Bottas very hard done by with that penalty. He made the apex, wasn't pushing wide or anything and was well up alongside - 100% entitled to be there imo.

Hamilton will go and win 6 straight mid season...he has been menaced 2 GPs in a row and still racked up points. Rosberg has done what he needed to but i need to see him beat Lewis in wheel to wheel combat to prove to me he has the headspace to win the WDC this year

Reckon Hamilton will sort his starts out?

Hey, i like Rosberg...but he has yet to put Lewis to the sword and Lewis has always got on his streaks which Rosberg has looked powerless to stop. If Lewis can keep his intensity up it will be a great contest as Rosberg still looks hungry. I hope /lewis faulters and we see him on a few races throw his toys from the pram as tradiotionally he goes walkabout

he has won 5 in a row. Probably deserves a little credit...

Hass goes half alright! But then it is half Ferrari :P

5 in a row is as many as Hamilton has ever managed!

And only 7 other drivers in history have won 5 or more in a row!

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/history/consecutive-wins-in-f1/

And it turns out Hass is WAY more than half Ferrari! lol

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/cars/haas-vf-16/#

5 in a row is as many as Hamilton has ever managed!

And only 7 other drivers in history have won 5 or more in a row!

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/history/consecutive-wins-in-f1/

And it turns out Hass is WAY more than half Ferrari! lol

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/cars/haas-vf-16/#

Yeah the other half is all Dallara (Which I don't mind). It is the customer Ferrari for huge slabs of the thing that annoys me. It is not what F1 is supposed to be about.

From the article:

The Haas VF-16 is the first car from the US based team, but it has largely been constructed in Italy.

In the past to be considered a constructor a team would have to design an construct its own chassis, front impact structure, suspension, suspension geometry, radiators, bodywork, steering system, brakes, floor and fuel tank at the very minimum. But at the start of the 2014 season that requirement was dropped to only require teams to design and build the chassis, front impact structure, suspension, suspension geometry, brake ducts and bodywork. For 2015 that has been further simplified again an now a constructor only needs to make the monocoque and bodywork. Everything else can be purchased.

Haas opted to have Dallara manufacture the chassis for the VF-16, while Ferrari will provide almost everything else. “We have the front suspension, rear suspension, hydraulics, steering, electronics all from Ferrari. Radiators we have to do as that is classified as bodywork” Steiner explains. “We are using these things to focus on the overall car design, why make an effort to do our own damper or something when we can just get them from Ferrari.. We have everything exactly the same as the Ferrari.”

Like the man says - why make an effort when you can just run a Ferrari. May as well make it a spec formula and be done with it.