SAU Community

R32 Gtst- Misfire- Help!

eianm

my son has an R32 GTST with some mods- recently it has had an intermittent misfire- will drop to 5 cylinders , then after a minute or two , come back to 6. Now- more recently- last few days stays on 5 and has even dropped to 4.

Have checked and changed coil packs- all good

changed plugs

listened to injectors- all firing

Problem SEEMS to be # 2 cylinder

changed over ECU last night with one from a friend - ran on 6 cylinders at idle, but ROUGH and missing under load.

The wiring seems pretty worn and tired, but really struggling to track this problem down- any help -GREATLY appreciated!

• 5 years later...
On 12/19/2015 at 12:30 PM, eianm said:

my son has an R32 GTST with some mods- recently it has had an intermittent misfire- will drop to 5 cylinders , then after a minute or two , come back to 6. Now- more recently- last few days stays on 5 and has even dropped to 4.

Have checked and changed coil packs- all good

changed plugs

listened to injectors- all firing

Problem SEEMS to be # 2 cylinder

changed over ECU last night with one from a friend - ran on 6 cylinders at idle, but ROUGH and missing under load.

The wiring seems pretty worn and tired, but really struggling to track this problem down- any help -GREATLY appreciated!

when you say misfire what does the car actually do...?

i had an issue like this ended up being the wiring harness to the coilpacks. the clips were broken and couldnt fit tight and would act up from time to time. i have a gtr not a gts but i also have seen cas act up, and poor grounds and wiring. ive also seen bad batteries/connections cause all kind of issues.  i had an issue on my sti someone picked up power from the coilpack feed wire and it was shorting out on my clutch pedal(shittty after market gauges), causing random misfires and poor running. i pulled all the aftermarket wiring and gauges my problem was solved. thats my 2 cents.