SAU Community

R32 Gtr Auto Conversion

There is a limited auto selection that can been used for auto conversions in GTR's, the easiest conversion is using the auto from a Stagea 4WD but you wont get 5-6 gears.

From there upwards in power capacity there are stronger auto transmissions however expect even less gears.

The biggest cost is taking a auto and adapting it to take the GTR transfer case and bolt straight on, not a cheap exercise.

Your better off getting a built Stagea 4WD auto as most of it just bolts straight up, reducing the amount of engineering involved to make it work.

There is a limited auto selection that can been used for auto conversions in GTR's, the easiest conversion is using the auto from a Stagea 4WD but you wont get 5-6 gears.

From there upwards in power capacity there are stronger auto transmissions however expect even less gears.

The biggest cost is taking a auto and adapting it to take the GTR transfer case and bolt straight on, not a cheap exercise.

Your better off getting a built Stagea 4WD auto as most of it just bolts straight up, reducing the amount of engineering involved to make it work

i assume your talking about the M35 transmission? how much power would that be able to handle roughly

Edited by JosephFoley440

WC34 (WGNC34 as Kiwirs4t pointed out), they ran the 2.5L straight 6, bolts straight to the rear of a RB26....obviously you will need the RS Four 4wd transmission to remain 4WD.

The M35 models got a V6 and it wont bolt up from my understanding.

I wouldn't think the M35 trans bolts up - he would be talking about the WGNC34 trans.

Frankly I would give the R32 a miss and look for a small auto performance car.

WC34 (WGNC34 as Kiwirs4t pointed out), they ran the 2.5L straight 6, bolts straight to the rear of a RB26....obviously you will need the RS Four 4wd transmission to remain 4WD.

The M35 models got a V6 and it wont bolt up from my understanding.

thanks for the help man much appreciated ill do some research

Kiwirs4t whys that man i know a lot of people are disappointed to see a auto GTR but I've always wanted to own one so i figure why not :)

That is trick but the box alone is $15k-$30k plus the padel air shift unit

c34 4wd stadea box would be the most cost effective way to do it

Then there is a company in sydney that make a T350-T400 auto adaptor kit to suit the GTR but these are really a race application setup

thanks for the help man much appreciated ill do some research

Kiwirs4t whys that man i know a lot of people are disappointed to see a auto GTR but I've always wanted to own one so i figure why not :)

I don't have an objection to an auto GTR (I know some people do) but its more that you will need to go to a lot of trouble and expense to get an auto that will hold a lot of power. Also when you go to sell it after getting bored with being out-dragged at the lights by Honda Civics (unless you stall it up and do a full noise launch which can get a bit tiresome/embarrassing) you won't get your money back.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree, the stagea box will be fine unless you are putting out some serious numbers, it will be by far the easiest option to fit and wire up.

And I reckon, if you want a GTR and you need an auto, go for it! It's your damn car, do what you like

• Like 5

I would think the stag box would be plenty strong enough for a stock 32 GTR for cruising duties

Obviously if he wanted to race the car it would need something stronger like the TH350-400 or even 700 might be enough once built

Well the OP did say 400-500Hp, the stag box built should be good to a reliable 450 (abused) from what ive read about them.

If he wants more power than that, then open the cheque book and look at the T400 option for reliability.

It really does come down to his need due to his disability and his power goal.....everyone should have the right to do what they want to their car.

If he is concerned about reliability, dont constantly rape the car racing everyone.......lots of people out there running lots of power on stock manuals but they dont clutch dump and bang the gear shifts, avoiding the need to buy a OS88.

• 4 weeks later...

The biggest issue you'll face is that the auto is controlled by the ecu. You could run the 26 off the 25 ecu with either an SAFC to put 2 afm signals into 1 or a selin dual maf translator kit. There is some jiggery pokery to get the tps and iac to work correctly on the 26 using the 25 computer.

The up side is that series 1 auto stageas go for next to nothing for one that has a ratty body.

You could even set the auto up on an aftermarket controller, but I'm uncertain on cost.

• 1 year later...