SAU Community

Gtr Prices

I am in the market for another GTR and have noticed that prices have gone up on R33 GTR's.

What should I suspect to pay for a MNP Series 3 R33 GTR, $25k-$30k?

12-18 months ago, you could pick one up for high teens....

I was originally looking at R34 GTR's but prices look like they have gone through the roof after looking at the Japan Auctions!!

$30k too expensive for a 20 year old car? A neat vn ss these days is $15k lol

Agreed.

Not even mentioning that a brand new 33 GTR would have been a $120k+ car when new.

$30k would be a steal for a well looked after late model 33.

Prices on R33 GTrs seems to have been slowly rising. having a look on gumtree and carsales, you will be paying about 23-25k for a good S1 and getting upwards of 26-28 for a S3, upwards of that for limited edition ones like my LM in the pic (thanks James 10 4 )

I wouldn't pay anything less than that as they are a time bomb or will be spending heaps to get it back up to a good quality car.

And someone buy my MP Gtr

I agree, R32's seem to have skyrocketed the last few years coincidentally with similar timings to the US now being able to import them.

Also, I guess 20-25 years is the age when a car goes from being a 'dorky car from a few years ago' to a relative classic. If it's stood the test of time and is still as popular as what the GT-R's are, then they're destined to go up in price.

• Like 1

Hi Guys........ I've kept a note of how many R32 GTR's have been for sale on Carsales/Carpoint over the last few years. Please note this does not include other avenues such as Gumtree etc. Just this one medium........Australia wide including all models of GT-R's. (Standard, V-spec I and II's, Nismos and N1's).

• On January 1 2012 - 66
  • On January 1 2013 - 42
  • On January 1 2014 - 43
  • On January 1 2015 - 40
  • On January 1 2016 - 16

You can see the big drop during 2012 and a massive drop during 2015.

The same thing will happen with 33's and 34's but bare in mind, they made a hell of a lot less cars in those 2 models than 32's.......

Bob.

• Like 6

that's a huge drop isn't it,

I think there is about 4 r33 GTRs on carsales all 25k and above and maybe 6 on gumtree but some of them may have been sold or are advertised on carsales as well.

I've had some interest from people over east on my MP GTR so they are definitely low in numbers.