SAU Community

Stagea Not Abs 4wd Light On But No Flashing Led In The Boot ?

centoproject

Hmm...

I've same issue with my R, I got 4wd light on as well.

Does your brakes make grumbling noise when you depress the brake pedals?

I've done some reading on/off for a couple of months, one possibility is the relay in abs unit that is fubar, haven't cracked mine open until I've sourced a replacement cos knowing myself, I'll break it.

Hmm...

I've same issue with my R, I got 4wd light on as well.

Does your brakes make grumbling noise when you depress the brake pedals?

I've done some reading on/off for a couple of months, one possibility is the relay in abs unit that is fubar, haven't cracked mine open until I've sourced a replacement cos knowing myself, I'll break it.

Well thats the thing no definitive answer as to where the said abs relay is is it attached to the abs manifold ? or next to it and no grumbling just stuck in rear wheel drive and absolutely no sign of abs under heavy braking just slides can you take a picture ? or i can of my bay and see what you guys think ?

Well thats the thing no definitive answer as to where the said abs relay is is it attached to the abs manifold ? or next to it and no grumbling just stuck in rear wheel drive and absolutely no sign of abs under heavy braking just slides can you take a picture ? or i can of my bay and see what you guys think ?

Yep, the relay is inside black box next to the manifold, it's pain in the rear to undo the screws and take the top bit out.

I'm the same, searched for a while with no definitive results.

i have stripped mine down waiting for the replacements to drive now if this is the issue total cost to fix £6.10 still find it odd with no flashing codes on the module apparently if the relay is fubar it flashes pump failure or something along those lines :glare:

Yep, the relay is inside black box next to the manifold, it's pain in the rear to undo the screws and take the top bit out.

I'm the same, searched for a while with no definitive results.

Right chaps just got back in replaced my relays with new ones not as hard as people say but to no avail still got the light on and still no flash from the brain when i turn the ignition should the relays click or prime the motor ?

I did notice one of them are looking bit rough but mine happens when it's cold or when I've driven on speed humps bit quickly or into uneven road surfaces.

hmm i will attempt a continuity test ? where are the plug ends for the wheel speed sensors ?

good news then, mines is just a standard ECU with a tune. the ABS might actually use separate pins to the engine data anyway.

ahh right that is good well am i correct in thinking that the com port for diagnostics is under the dash facing down just by the inner fusebox ? in that case mine is not there i will have a further look tonight

hmm i will attempt a continuity test ? where are the plug ends for the wheel speed sensors ?

On the wheel well, follow the lines from sensors to the rubber grommet where it'll go into the engine bay.

I was told that it plugs there to the loom of some sort, haven't looked in detail.

sorry yes forgot to add that bit, it is a grey or white plug near the fuse box.

eg{}:c[e]=d};var l=function(b){xpost-13070-1205647516.jpg.pagespeed.ic.&&0){for(var>

hmm interesting from memory my plug is not there also the fuse panel looks different hmm is yours an s2 ?

Edited by centoproject