SAU Community

SAU Circuit Times

Roy

some nice times there guys, for all the guys with the r33 gtr's how do they compare to cars such as type-r's, s2000's, sti's, and evos?

I was out at QR recently and a fully prepped Evo 7 Targa Tas car was out there, he was a little under 1 sec a lap quicker than me. There were a few modded Integra type Rs out there, they were quicker than me on the straights, but my lap time were over a second quicker. On equal modification level you should have there measure.

Oh and Roy, here is a list of the different layouts at QR to help clear up your list a little :P

four_circuits.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Fellas,

I did Oran Park South today (never driven at Oran Park before) and I think I managed a 51.32. The results aren't on Natsoft yet but that's what the posted results outside the white building say.

I'd be really happy with that time but one of the other guys that competes in the same class in the NSW WRX Club supersprint series pulled a 50.9-something out of his ass. Try as I might there's no way I could get any closer.

Next time, next time.

Oh yeah-I met and had a bit of a chat to John Penlington (hey John!) who did a great job to log a 1:48 with a rapidly deflating rear tyre.

Other notables-2xWRX 2.5L cars lost their engines, 2xHSV/HDT Owners Club cars came together and an MR2 found the wall on the turn onto the main straight.

Great day for me. I lost it over the flip-flop a couple of times and still managed to drive it home. Cheerin! :D :lol:

...Ben

Queensland Raceway

Circuit Distance - 3.121kms

Full Circuit

1. jlnewton , R33 GTR - 1:03.15sec

2. stealth , R33 GTST - 1:03.33sec

3. predator , R31 4dr - 1:18.55sec

I was just browsing through the times here and I think I spotted a bit of a stuff-up. V8 Supercabs do 1:10s on the full circuit! These times must belong to the Sprint or Clubman tracks.

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking track times here's a list of mine

Wakefield first and only time 1:15

Calder 1:10 night

Winton wet 1:45.18

Phillip island first time with car 1:55.4

Sandown 1:26.2

Car: SEVNTH r31 gtsx

260 rwkw

RB25 gtsr manifolds and intercooler, t04e, 16inch r spec yokohama's, nissan 4 spot calipers. Shit suspention need money for koni's

I was just browsing through the times here and I think I spotted a bit of a stuff-up. V8 Supercabs do 1:10s on the full circuit! These times must belong to the Sprint or Clubman tracks.

Correct, thats why I posted the circuit layouts above. As much as I would like to claim a 1:03 for the full circuit :blink: sadly its is only on the clubman layout. . . :)

• 2 weeks later...

SAU Nickname: hrd-hr30

Car Make and Model: Datsun 1200 coupe

Circuit Name: QR Sprint Circuit

Lap time: 1:04.00

Modifications

Engine: L18 1770cc, twin 40 Dellorto, SSS head, 76 works cam, Stanza 5spd

Power: 116bhp at wheels

Suspension: Stanza struts, Gemini coils, 120Y F sway bar, Whiteline R bar 4.1 open diff, approx 2.5 deg camber

Tyres: 185/60*14 Hankook Z2000S

Brakes: Stanza front, corolla rear

Body weight: est 785kg (uncaged)

Comment: This was in a SPARC Sprint event 17/11/2001 when I first started competing. The car got alot faster over the years with alot of development and different engines, gearbox, suspension setup and much better A032R tyres, but I never went back to QR. still, its a reasonable time.

--------------------------------------------

Circuit Name: Morgan Park Short Circuit A

Lap time: 44.8sec

Modifications

Suspension: Stanza struts, Gemini coils, 120Y F sway bar, Whiteline R bar 4.1 open diff, approx 2.5 deg camber

Tyres: 205/60*13 Hankook Z2000S

Body weight: 785kg (uncaged)

Comment: 2002 QLD Super Sprint Series

----------------------------------------------

Circuit Name: Morgan Park Full circuit

Lap time: 1:13.8

Modifications

Suspension: Stanza struts, Gemini coils, 120Y F sway bar, Whiteline R bar, 4.3 locked diff, approx 4 deg camber

Tyres: 205/60*13 Hankook Z2000S

Brakes: Stanza F, Corolla R

Body weight: 851kg (rollcaged)

Comment: 2003 practice day, hand timed

-------------------------------------------------

Circuit Name: Mt Cotton Hillclimb

Lap time: 48.37

Modifications

Engine: L18 1995cc, Stewart Wilkins engine with the lot, R30 5spd with 240Z 1,2,3 gears

Power: 146bhp at the wheels

Suspension: Stanza struts, Gemini coils, 120Y F sway bar, Whiteline R bar, 4.3 locked diff, approx 4.5 deg camber

Tyres: Yokohama A032R 195/60*14

Brakes: Stanza F, Corolla R

Comment:

Sept 2004. the one and only attempt at the Hill with the good engine I borrowed for 2004

-----------------------------------------------

Car Make and Model: R32 GTR

Circuit Name: Mt Cotton Hillclimb

Lap time: 50.6 (torrential rain)

Modifications

Engine: std turbos and dump pipes, std boost, HKS exhaust, Mines ECU

Power: est 160rwkw

Suspension: Buddy Club coilover, adj castor rods

Tyres: Bridgestone RE55s 225/50*16

Brakes: standard - unknown race pads

Body weight: 1430kg (std '89 R32 GTR)

Comment: practice day at MtCotton. Torrential rain! Pools of water on some corners, running water everywhere!

Circuit Name: Bathurst Conrod SuperSprint

Lap time: 56.73

Modifications

Suspension: Stanza struts, Gemini coils, 120Y F sway bar, Whiteline R bar 4.3 locked diff, approx 4 deg camber

Tyres: 205/60 Hankook race tyres - hard compound

Comment:

Circuit Name: Bathurst Conrod SuperSprint

Lap time: 52.12

Modifications

Tyres: Bridgestone RE55S 225/50*16

Comment:

Circuit Name: Bathurst Mountain Straight Hillclimb

Lap time: 52.00

Modifications

Tyres: Bridgestone RE55s

Circuit Name: Bathurst Esses Hillclimb

Lap time: 32.51

Modifications

Suspension: Stanza struts, Gemini coils, 120Y F sway bar, Whiteline R bar 4.3 locked diff, approx 4 deg camber

Tyres: 205/60 Hankook race tyres - hard compound

thats all for now :)

I have more, but they are from morwell, some road rallies and the ipswich autocross. things that I doubt anyone here will ever go to.

I included my 1200's times for comparison because the GTR will go to all those places next year :D

• 3 weeks later...

SAU Nickname: provo

Car Make and Model: 1999 R34 GTR V-Spec

Circuit Name: Phillip Island (11/12/2005 AROCA sprints)

Lap time: 1:53.97

Modifications

Engine: N1's, full Nismo exhaust, ROM-tune ECU

Power: ??

Suspension: stock

Tyres: 265/35 RE55s

Brakes: stock Brembo's, Endless CCR pads

First full track day.

SAU Nickname: Rizos

Car Make and Model: 2001 S15 200sx

Circuit Name: Mallala

Lap time: 1:27.55

Modifications

Engine: STD

Power: STD 147kw at engine

Suspension: STD

Tyres: Yokohama AS0 205/55/16

Brakes: Ultimate pads (front), RBF brake fluid

Body weight: 1240kg

Comment: This was last year at the John Bowe workshop and timed by Terry Bowe. It was a 25 degree day and grip was o.k. Since I have been on a 37 degree day and with Bridgstone GIII tyres, EBC green stuff pads front and RDA sloted front discs, braided lines all around and master cilinder stopper and the best time I got in the morning was 1.29.00. In the afternoon I was doing 1.30.00.

On that day I cooked the EBC pads so next time I will use EBC yelow stuff just for the day.

At the John Bowe workshop othet times were:

My brother in law

Car: 2000 WRX

Lap Time: 1.25.00

Modifications

Engine: STD Boost 18psi, Trust 3" from front cat back

Power: ?

Suspension: Front strut brace only

Tyres: Toyo Trampions 205/50/16

Brakes: Ultimate pads (front), RBF brake fluid

Body weight: ?

Also for your info the 200sx GTP production car laps around Mallala at 1.18.00 with full adjustable suspension (height restriction only), Motec, full 3" exhaust with no cat, Intercooler, Boost, (estimated power 185kw at wheels) Full race slicks (225), race brake pads and fluid. The car is also striped. Full roll cage. The information was taken from a car magazine.

I would love to see other 200sx times from Mallala so we can see what is the best value for money mods.

Rizos

gonads you stuck that turbo on yea ya cheater

get a r31

Cheater-pfffft! I guess that makes everyone with quicker times than Fatz a cheater, right? :lol: :lol:

Yeah mate, the little TD05's on there right now. It hasn't been tuned and it's running wastegate pressure (12psi) so at the moment it feels like a piece of crap. I'm doing a mad dash to Sydney tomorrow morning (4:30 start to get there on time) to have it sorted out. Apparently this little hybrid sucker should be safe at 22 psi so I can't wait to see how she goes! I'm hoping this will lead to slightly quicker times.

What surprises me is that this turbo is physically bigger than the original STi turbo and yet still spools up at the same RPM?!? Makes no sense.

...Ben

• 4 weeks later...

Calder

Circuit Distance - 2.2kms

Circuit Name:Calder

Just got back from a track day at Calder (1st AROCA meeting for the year) with my best lap time 1:08.03sec. A long way short of Snowman (thanks again Andrew for the previous pm), but something to start with. I wasn't starting first on the grid and kept getting held up, but I don't think I would have been able to get under 1:07sec even with a clear run!

Mod's...

N1 turbo's

Full nismo exhaust

Bridgestone semi-slicks

wakefield park

semi slick michelin pilots

nissan gtr r32

11/02 electronic timing

driver mark berry (owns half the car)

i couldnt beat my 107.2 :rolleyes: car was handling like shit! no excuses though.

cheers russ

Edited by giant

dunno if this one counts for our list troy, but spencer yesterday did a 1:57.20 at PI in the alfa. it was his first time at the island so all in all not too bad for a 2 litre, non-turbo carby fed car. :cheers:

i was supposed to be there with him, but work got in the way :rolleyes: