Lap time:1:47.6

Modifications

Engine: L28

Power:250hp (approx)

Suspension:coil over koni

Tyres:dunlop slick

Brakes:Mazda 4 spot frt and single spot rear

Body weight 950kg

Just brought a r33 turbo half cut to put in the 240z :)

Time is on natsoft from state round in about 2002

Ash

Super effort that, marvellous stuff :P

SAU Nickname:zr240

Car Make and Model:datsun 240z

Circuit Name:Phillip Island

Lap time:1:47.6

Modifications

Engine: L28

Power:250hp (approx)

Suspension:coil over koni

Tyres:dunlop slick

Brakes:Mazda 4 spot frt and single spot rear

Body weight 950kg

Just brought a r33 turbo half cut to put in the 240z :)

Time is on natsoft from state round in about 2002

Ash

Go hard little bro..lol

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't Updated my times for a while.

Winton - 1m35.5

Winton - 1m34.8 (Snowy's R34 GTR)

Sandown - 1m21.3

Phillip Island - 1m50.1

Calder Park - 1m07.1

Wakefield Park - 1m08 - Nokia Phone Timing

Eastern Creek - 1m49.1

• 4 weeks later...

First ever track day i clocked roughly 1:25s at Calder Park with almost bald front street tyres and Yokohama AVS102's on the rear. Basically was crap but it was a good learning experience for me.

Second time only change was to RE55S semis and got 1:13/14/15s on first few tries while still trying to get used to the semis and learn how to use the extra grip. At the end of the day pulled off an almost mistake free lap (for me) and a clear track to get 1:08.9. It's all in the tyres! ;)

SAU Nickname: Yawn

Car Make and Model: R32 GTR

Circuit Name: Calder Park

Lap time: 1:08.9

Modifications

Engine: RB26

Power: 315rwkw

Suspension: GAB Revolution Stroke coilovers

Tyres: Bridgestone RE55S

Brakes: Stock, Bendix Ultimates

Body weight: Almost stock i guess, with negligible weight savings

Quite pleased with that time, although timed with a mobile phone stopwatch. Heh

Got a second or 2 left in me (i hope!) haha

:laugh:

Edited by Yawn

Thought I should add my 10 cents worth>

Circuit Barbagallo:

Lap time Short Circuit: 54.58

Lap time Long Circuit: 63.88 (Both times from Natsoft)

Last dyno around 420HP at wheels

Car: DR30 RB25 single turbo large intercooler not sure of the rest but was using standard plenum modified to bring throttle body to front. Have to speak with "NIB" to find out.the rest..new motor currently being built including dry sump.

Brakes are 4 spot all round with Penske shock at the rear fully coil over etc etc

Tyres: Toyo control tyres

Hopefully a long circuit 62 in about three weeks

Why dont i get an email anymore when someone posts in this thread? Anyway, will update tonight.

New time for P.I. for me too = 1.51.76.

Regards

Andrew

Why dont i get an email anymore when someone posts in this thread? Anyway, will update tonight.

Maybe in the forum upgrades you lost your subscription - try adding it again?

Another thing ppl. If you are posting up and have improved your lap time...can you add your thinking why you went quicker. Mods to the car, new/better tyres or just more seat time and experience. Adds to the intent of the thread of helping ppl who want to get involved or pick up their pace...as i woudl hope a read would assist them in making an informed decision on the best mod

Hardman69:

R33GTS-T

200(ish)rwKw -

RE55s, HKS CoilOvers

Winton 1:44.something (Nokia timing, streeet tyres, Blown Turbo Gasket)

Winton 1:41.6 (Driftbox timing, RE55s, REALLY Blown Turbo Gasket, again)

1st flyer @ P.I. in timed run #1: 1:53.9 (Official, and Driftbox)

3rd flyer @ Phillip Island 1:53.5 (Driftbox, Using end of prior lap, plus 3/4 of last lap before gearbox went)

I'm calling dibs on using that "Dodgey" lap with a "virtual" S/F line at P.I. . . . . I only got 2'n a bit flying laps dammit !

hmmm, looking at other's times, what will I need to crack 1:50 flat? . . . . . hmmm.. . . (strokes chin)

You need to channel the spirit of Gilles!!! Maximum Attack!!!!

SAU Nickname: Necx0

Car Make and Model: R31 Nissan Skyline Silhouette

Circuit Name: Baskerville Raceway

Lap time: 1min12.1secs

Modifications

Engine: Exhaust system, extractors

Power: approx95rwkw

Suspension: KYB shock things.....

Tyres: Err second hand radials I got for $50 from a local tyre place

Brakes: EBC greenstuff pads!! otherwise stock

Body weight: with driver and fuel circa 1500kg

And the diff was stuffed so no LSD effect :D taught me to use the throttle right though :)

I did 1:09 on slicks when i had the r32gtr ! boosted z will back that up :P

Circuit Distance - 2.2kms

Circuit Name:Wakefield

1. giant , R32 GTR - 107.24sec

2. Boosted Zed , Z32 300ZX - 1:07.7sec

3. Snowman, R34 GTR - 1:07.8sec

4. gtr jason, R32 GTR - 1:09sec (1:05sec on slicks)

=5. Oz GTR02V, R34 GTR - 1.09

=5. blacksx, S15 200SX - 1:09.1sec

=6. Fatz, R31GTSX - 1:10.3 (DAMP)

=6. Fatz, R33GTST - 1:10/11sec

=6. GTR032, R32 GTR - 1:10sec

8. Duncan, R32GTR - 1:10.2sec

9. Duncan, R33 GTS25t - 1:11sec

10. Bullant47, R33 GTS25T - 1:11:69sec

Honourable mention to benm, R33 GTST - 1m:21sec :O

Reference Lap Time:

- 1:05.75, GT Production Subaru WRX STi

- 1:18.43, Daewoo Lanos Series

Edited by r34aaronw

First time at Winton on Monday and I managed a PB of 1:43 give or take, with a passenger. Probably with another track day or two there i would be able to manage a 1.40-41 with a bit of luck.

One apparent problem is that my turbos are too laggy and that I cant take a few of the higher speed corners (most of them besides the hairpins) in 3rd as when I start to power out ill be around 500rpm below the efficient range and it'll result in like 0.5 secs wasted while the turbos spool up. I try to take the corners in 2nd and i find that i always run out of gear before the corner ends. Ive also tried taking the corners faster but it just results in bad understeer (the whole car vibrating, like hoping along sideways, not a smooth slide). My turbos are GT2560R -5s on a standard internal engine thus running only 315rwkw. I am also still running stock cams and front pipe which i guess could affect responsiveness which would be a great help to me on this particular track where i seem to be stuck between gears due to lag.

Also, the only handling mods my car is running is GAB coilovers and re55s. Do the most of you on the top10 list have negative camber or sway bars/strut bars/chassis stiffening of some sort? Ill also try to play around with tyre pressures next time im there. No matter, its a pretty fun track, much much more technical than Calder for sure. Next stop, Sandown! :blink:

Edited by Yawn

Update for the commo!

SAU Nickname: Budge

Car Make and Model: Wattle Solaguard VB Commodore

Circuit Name: Sandown

Lap time: 1:27.12

Circuit Name: Calder

Lap time: 1:08.57

Circuit Name: Winton

Lap time: 1:41.63

Circuit Name: Phillip Island

Lap time: 1:56.79

Modifications

Engine: 5.0ltr NA 308 - Holley 650 DP - L34 heads - L34 Rods - ACL Race Pistons - Std Crank

Power: 190rwkw

Suspension: Boat like - King Springs - Monroe Shocks :P

Tyres: Toyo R888

Brakes: Single Piston VL calipers, 276mm rotors with Porterfield R4's or Hawk Blues (276mm - I know...)

Body weight: Guessing 1200ish kg

Ive also tried taking the corners faster but it just results in bad understeer (the whole car vibrating, like hoping along sideways, not a smooth slide).

Put some more air in your tyres. RE55's vibrate like a bitch when they are low on pressure & you push too hard.

My turbos are GT2560R -5s on a standard internal engine thus running only 315rwkw. I am also still running stock cams and front pipe which i guess could affect responsiveness which would be a great help to me on this particular track where i seem to be stuck between gears due to lag.

The thing should pull like a teenager from 4000rpm up. Unless there is a hole in the torque curve you shouldn't have problems with response.

Also, the only handling mods my car is running is GAB coilovers and re55s. Do the most of you on the top10 list have negative camber or sway bars/strut bars/chassis stiffening of some sort? Ill also try to play around with tyre pressures next time im there. No matter, its a pretty fun track, much much more technical than Calder for sure. Next stop, Sandown! :P

Just dial in some front end -ve camber & get the sway bars sorted.

First time at Winton on Monday and I managed a PB of 1:43 give or take, with a passenger. Probably with another track day or two there i would be able to manage a 1.40-41 with a bit of luck.

One apparent problem is that my turbos are too laggy and that I cant take a few of the higher speed corners (most of them besides the hairpins) in 3rd as when I start to power out ill be around 500rpm below the efficient range and it'll result in like 0.5 secs wasted while the turbos spool up. I try to take the corners in 2nd and i find that i always run out of gear before the corner ends. Ive also tried taking the corners faster but it just results in bad understeer (the whole car vibrating, like hoping along sideways, not a smooth slide). My turbos are GT2560R -5s on a standard internal engine thus running only 315rwkw. I am also still running stock cams and front pipe which i guess could affect responsiveness which would be a great help to me on this particular track where i seem to be stuck between gears due to lag.

Also, the only handling mods my car is running is GAB coilovers and re55s. Do the most of you on the top10 list have negative camber or sway bars/strut bars/chassis stiffening of some sort? Ill also try to play around with tyre pressures next time im there. No matter, its a pretty fun track, much much more technical than Calder for sure. Next stop, Sandown! :nyaanyaa:

My time there of 1.35.0 was with standard internals and 2530's with RE55's and stock sway bars - so pretty much exactly the same as you have got. (was even making about the same power at the time). You just need some more laps under your belt. If you are talking about turns 1 and 2 they should be taken in 3rd along with the flip flop. Turn 8 is definitely 2nd and 9,10 are up to your preference. If you find you are off boost you'll have to get used to coming off the brakes earlier and driving through the corners. You'll only understeer at Winton if you dive into the corners too hot.

Set-up wise the ideal is around 3degs negative camber on the front, 1 on the rear and as much castor as you can wind into it. Toe should be pretty neutral. Tyre pressures try around 34 hot.

Stock cams are fine. There is a guy running 1.33's at Winton with your same turbo's and stock cams. As I said it will mainly come down to doing some laps. If you can try and get to the SAU round at Winton in July. Speak to Scotsman who has the smaller garrets that you (-7's) but otherwise the same car and get him to show you around.

The BSM Improved Production R32GTR did a 106.3383 at Wakefield Park in Round 1 of the NSW State Championship last weekend (14/15 April 2007). Nice driving Dave and not bad for 2 x 27 mm turbo inlet restictors limiting power to under 400 bhp. That's less than 2/10th's off the lap record which was set in 2002 ie; before control tyres.

:P cheers :(

Car Make and Model:Mitsu Ralliart Magna

Circuit Name:Wakefield Park

Lap time:1:14.5

Modifications

Engine: V6 3.5 litre

Power:200kw atw

Suspension:stock koni

Tyres:Street Continental 18's front, semi slick falken 16's rear

Brakes:320mm disc, corvette C6 caliper

Next time i hit the track i will make sure i have a full set of track tyres and a camber kit, the front left got totally trashed and ended up delaminating in the last session