SAU Community

SAU Circuit Times

Roy

Last time i was out circuit racing.(January hot summers day.)

Circuit Name-Wakefield Park

Time-1:14.3

Car:R33GTST

Modifycations:-

Engine/Power mods-Full zorst,13psi,pfc,gtr pump,adj fpr & pannel filter=185rwkw

Suspension-Whiteline handeling kit,HKS hyper D shocks (Fronts rooted rears ok) & strut braces front and rear.

Brakes-Rotors stock with rb74 pads and castrol response super dot 4.Though i have my reservations about the ones i was given.They sit 5mm down from the outer edge of the rotor.Which doesnt seem normal to me but was assured that it was.

Tyres-Near new 17inch Federal 595SS street tyres.

djr81:

put somemore air in? I would have assumed that I had too much air in, more like 35psi cold, which i know is way too much but i didnt have a tyre pressure gauge on me to adjust it and it was my first time out so i was concentrating more on learning the track :cheers:

it pulls like a teenager more like at 5000rpm up, :S haha

Snowman:

I definitely take turn 1 and 2 in 3rd, those I feel I am doing quite ok.

Thinking about it, I now realise i take the flip flop in 4th :D at least i know what to do next time haha

Im not sure which is turn 8,9 or 10, but looking at the winton circuit map, I need more practice with the Northern BM corner. I am probably taking it too hot since I experience that vibrating understeer there quite often and have understeered into the gravel more than once heh.

Another problem area is the Advanced Petroleum corner and the one right after that before the Kitome straight. What gears do i take those in? Is the Advanced Petroleum corner turn 8 (the one you recommended to take in 2nd)? I find if i take the one before the Kitome straight (9?) in 3rd i am a bit off full boost going onto the straight. Are those the corners 8 and 9 you are referring to?

Thanks to you guys for the tips and recommendations, still very new to this. As snowman said, just need more practice (and a tyre pressure gauge!) ;)

Edited by Yawn

Nothern Corner (turn 8) is definitely 2nd. What you don't realise when you are on the track is that the corner is infact more than 90degs. So the apex is actually a little behind the corner. When you first start out you tend to visit gravel a lot in that turn mostly because you'll be turning in too early as you'll be treating it as a 90 deg turn. Thats something you can learn following some other people around (that know where they are going).

Advanced petroluem (9) and then the following one onto the straight are the ones that are driver dependant. I know in Scotsmans R33 GTR which has the same gearing as you that he takes those in 2nd and I take them in 3rd.

Mind you this was the last time we were both at Winton so maybe it's best not to listen to us....

Congrats Ferni. Im glad one of us held out to days end and punched out a great time. You must be stoked. :rolleyes:

Its nice to go quick, but even more staisfying when you roll out a time that does the car justice :(

post-37870-1177494844.jpg

hi all

wakefield park 1:06.3

eastern creek 1:45.5

oran gp 1:17.0

IPRA R32GTR A048 tyres 2 x 27mm restrictors

good to see you on here Dave!

Richard here, with the grey 32 GTR. the guy that parks in front of your house when visiting my mate in annandale!

I am not involved with any cars in the state champs anymore but will definately come out and say hello at the next EC or Oran round. Good to see you doing well. What is happening with your under 2 litre car? We all have a soft spot for that one. especially as it sounds like it's going to suck someone in as it's going down the straight.

Dodgy tyres? Hell yeh. Why not. Would feel like 1:32s :(

Apologies to those that have posted up the last two pages or so. By this weekend the Top 10s will all be sorted.

Right now, im fighting dial up so easier to do at work. Also fighting the urge to get truly, never before seen in the history of modern science drunk...cause that will mean im too blind to see the turn 6 renovations from Sandown. Maybe i can send the vid in to Funniest Home Video and win some white goods :rolleyes:

Dodgy tyres?

Oh yeah :D I just got back from overseas and didn't get a chance to change the tyres, so I was running super worn out ones from last time I hit the track.

That and the brake pads I was planning to change wore out completely.

lol...If i ran the 1:23.1 in the previous session. I was so going to run deep into the 1:22s. From there is was going to need more suspension, but i wanted a 1:22 goddammit!

Yeh, its interesting to look at the progression of lap times as ppl have got more experience.