SAU Community

SAU Circuit Times

Roy

SAU Nickname: J-Boy

Car Make and Model: 1990 GTR32

Circuit Name: Queensland Raceway

Lap time: 1min25.40s (National) 59.81s (Sprint) 1min4.3s (Clubman)

Modifications

Engine: RB26DETT

Power: 315kW

Suspension: Buddyclub P-1 Race

Tyres: Various

Brakes: Standard

Body weight: 1400kg

post-23256-1177672826.jpg

Lots more room for improvement for the car and driver i guess, wished the boost controller solenoid didn't give way during the last timeattack session when i was out to test the revised suspension and alignment settings, but well shit happens. Lap times above were done with very unsorted suspension and alignment, but with regular high boost. Most recent session with revised suspension n alignment, but with stock boost, best time was half a second faster on clubman.

I need better brakes and fresh semis!

Car Make and Model: R32 GTR

Circuit Name: Wakefield

Lap time: 1:10.34

Experience: I know this track very well.

Circuit Name: Eastern Creek

Lap time: 1:55.3490

Experience: My second time there.

Oran Park GP coming on the 16th....

Modifications

Engine: RB26DETT 2860-7 turbos 18psi, full 3' exhaust, standard ECU and fuel system, oil cooler. Notable Consult results = 98%duty cycle on injectors and almost 98% on AFMs.

Power: 240awkw.

Suspension: k-sport coil overs?

Tyres: RE55's all round

Brakes: standard R32 calipers and disks. Red stuff pads and top shelf fluid

Body weight: standard plus my fat arse.

Ok, we should know by end of June whether a std RB20 with a bolt on turbo setup, good suspension and good brakes can do a 1:20-1:21 at Sandown and a 1:49 at Phillip Island :)

Spend required :P

Brakes - $2000

Suspension - $3000

Tyres - $1500

So fark me, $6500!!!! Hopefully i can sell of some of the current gear i have, like seats and wheels to help pay for it all :) Its beyond me how ppl can afford to mod their road cars so quickly >_<

And thats not even allowing for the repairs/respray of the bar and guard :angry:

16 Piston Alcon brakes off a Peugot 405 Super Tourer :) Ive got more pistons in a caliper then most GTR guys have on their entire car :)

Lol, If you beat my 1.21.3 @ Sandown, i'm finding a 2nd hand stocker and throwing that in and having another crack at it.

Actually what am I talking about that was on std turbs and std brakes. Go nuts bris.

Hey, my car has plenty of stock gear on it. We will know soon enough. The match race is on. I will be running the next Sandown with teh same brakes as you and the same suspension as you. So shoudl be an interesting comparison of a 260kw R33 GTR vs a 230-260kw RB20 R32 GTSt

I should add you are sooo GAY if i get near your lap time. R33 GTRs being so superior to an R32 GTSt, and lets not forget the superiority of the RB26 compared to a lil std RB20! :)

I should add you are sooo GAY if i get near your lap time. R33 GTRs being so superior to an R32 GTSt, and lets not forget the superiority of the RB26 compared to a lil std RB20! :)

You still havn't learnt have you? You start the sh1t talk after you get the results, not before!

No, no, no. Talk shit....THEN when i am slower refer to long list of reasons, not excuses :)

My book will be published soon... "All Care, No Responsibility....shifting the blame. An RB20 owners Essential Guide to Racing" :)

Bris - if we could get Benno, JFK, Marcov, Frank, Crazy Tony and Vossy to post up their times you wouldn't have a hope of getting near the top 10. Infact that'd mean you'd need to run a sub 1.20 pretty much to make it.

Where'd your RB20 be then hey?

LOL...you wouldnt be in the Top 10 either :)

But in all seriousness if ppl know enough about their cars and times we should add them to the list. The point of this thread is to gauge yourself on what tims your car should be doing with certain mods. But most importantly where best to spend your money to go quicker based on the results of others.

The more quick tmes the easier the shopping becomes

Yeah I wouldn't be in the top 10 but I'd know I have a chane of getting back in there :)

Anyways - a quick run down of those times for the other cars

1. Marcov - R32 GTR - not sure other than full race trim, big single and RE5's - 1.15.9

2. Benno - R33 GTR - RB30DET, truck turbo, harrops, etc etc- RE55's - 1.16.8

3. JFK - R33 GTR - Twin 2860-5's - race trim - Hosiers - 1.16.8

4. Vossy - R33 GTR - HKS 2.8L with 2530's - RE55's (?) - 1.17.1

5. Tony - R33 GTR - twin 2530's - RE55's - 1.19.75

6. Frank - R33 GTR - twin 2530's RE55's - 1.19.xx (can;t remember as it was in the practise session and then his clutch went bang)

i reckon maybe now we are getting lots more times we could expand to a top 20 to give retards like me and troy a chance of getting back on there!

Bris - if we could get Benno, JFK, Marcov, Frank, Crazy Tony and Vossy to post up their times you wouldn't have a hope of getting near the top 10. Infact that'd mean you'd need to run a sub 1.20 pretty much to make it.

Where'd your RB20 be then hey?

ouch!

that's gold. nice one snowcone. :D:D

i reckon maybe now we are getting lots more times we could expand to a top 20 to give retards like me and troy a chance of getting back on there!

Bris,

I reckon Richard is spot on there. Like you say if the point of all this is to see what mods made a car go faster there is no point having the slowest person doing around the 1.20 mark around sandown as most people who are just starting out will be no where near those times.

+1 for the lists to be expanded to top 20 times (where needed!)

Why not have a mod top twenty and then a standard top ten... so guys running stock turbs and street tires can represent hahahaha... I might actually make THAT top ten (although Gareth will have top spot locked down!) ...might also be easier for the new guys to work out what kind of times they should be doing etc...

also why don't the big power GTR guys try running slicks instead of semis? Troy that could get you the few seconds you need to topple some of these guys and I don't think anyone would begrudge you slicks if your still running the RB20!