SAU Community

SAU Circuit Times

Roy

Off topic but I need the help from you guys in this thread who track your Skylines. I am getting 130 oil temps every time I go out on track, 5 hot laps and I am forced to come into pitt. Is this normal? Yes I have an HKS oil cooler. The thread I have started is here, thanks in advance for any help you can loan me!

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...d=1#post1082593

Probablly just stating the obvious, but I found my oil temps went down using Penrite Syth 5 oil ... $90/5l

sorry Nizchic I was running street tyres all round....I need to invest in semi slicks if I want to get the time down.

Thinking about a std set of rims 16" with 205 Bridgestone Potenzas. Anyone got any sugestions where I'd get a set of std rims??

• 2 months later...

Might as well post up mine, I'm happy considering is was my first time at a track and I was not too keen to flog the car.

SAU Nickname: JCMarshall_Law

Car Make and Model: 1995 R33 Manual GTST

Circuit Name: Queensland Raceway - clubman circuit, 2.11 km

Lap time: 1:12.97 (1-2-05, check post by organiser - Paul "GTRman1992" in thread in Queensland section titled "Track Day 1-2-05" for verification)

Modifications

Engine: Standard RB25DET - Exhaust and Pod filter mods only

Power: Standard + whatever a exhaust and pod gets ya.

Suspension: Koni adjustable front struts, Bilstien rear struts, standard springs.

Tyres: 17 inch Falken 235's

Brakes: Standard calipers and disks with Nizmo pads

Body weight: Standard ~1300kg ?

I'm down to 1:15.52 at Wakefield Park now.

I notice that's what Tosh was getting last year in the MR2. I really notice the size of the 4 door on that circuit but I'd like to think that if I match him at Wakefield then I should beat him at Eastern Creek.

Wait until you go to Wakefield in the rain, i was stuck in the 1:15s at Wakefield until one day i went on a rainy day...next dry time i was into the low-mid 1:13s...sure highlighted soem dodgy practices on my behalf:(

wakefield Park, standard MX-5 (plus exhaust and koni's) on Yoki 032 R,s 1:12.78, Calder in same car 1.13.02.

Saw you fellas out at Calder on Saturday, you looked like you were having fun. Attack the track hard through the corners and you should be down around the minute mark in a mild tuned 2wd skyline. I also noticed many of you guys were braking about 100metres too early at Calder. There was aguy there in a silver GTR as well that was pinging it's nuts off, hope he didn't melt a piston......

FWIW, I took my Cuz's R32 4 door around there on road tyres and we were losing a car length a lap on a 911 RS 993 model and the guy was going hard in his 911.

I'd love to get my car out but alas it's in Autosupermarket. Too expensive to start running the skyline how I want so back to racing an MX-5.