SAU Community

hello tasmania

Guest 33GTS25

Guest 33GTS25

zsky, dont get too offended mate. i was born and raised down there, moved up to qld when in was 17 and looking to get away from small town mentality

i grew up in beaconsfield, if you know the area

rod

no pun intended mate. just having fun.

I'm jelous or some of your roads. I've heard they are awsome to cruise on. Have a look at this thread.

Some of us are thinking of coming down your way to check out the roads and the Targa.

btw, Welcome :wink:[/quote:8603c45b36]

i have read the thread and that would be so cool having dozens and dozens of skylines all in the one place and especially in a state like tassie.

make the idea happen and we could get a feature in the local newspaper about it, the idea could be so cool, can't wait if this all happens.

zsky, dont get too offended mate. i was born and raised down there, moved up to qld when in was 17 and looking to get away from small town mentality

i grew up in beaconsfield, if you know the area

rod[/quote:acb2992893]

yeah i know beaconsfield my mum lived up there when she was a kid, and the family and i used to holiday up there every year.

no pun intended mate. just having fun.

I'm jelous or some of your roads. I've heard they are awsome to cruise on. Have a look at this thread.

Some of us are thinking of coming down your way to check out the roads and the Targa.

btw, Welcome :wink:[/quote:175f2b9753]

i have read the thread and that would be so cool having dozens and dozens of skylines all in the one place and especially in a state like tassie.

make the idea happen and we could get a feature in the local newspaper about it, the idea could be so cool, can't wait if this all happens.[/quote:175f2b9753]

Talk to Rod (33GTS25) if you want to help organise it maybe. It was his idea.

Guest 33GTS25

zsky, if the targa idea becomes more popular than NZ then i will call on you to help organise it, thanks for the offer but i really would prefer NZ beside i dont know that we could get away with much while down there if we go during targa because the cops will be wary as hell, maybe we could go down outside of this time and get all the road time we want.

zsky mate, how may shell's or bp's down there are carrying optimax or ultimate

p.s all these mainlanders would absolutely love the sidling :twisted:

what is your mums family name, beaconsfield is only a small town and i may know her family

rod

there is no optimax or ultimate in any tassie servo :evil: i would like to run my car on it but PULP will have to do the only place that does have it is the local subaru dealer who needs it for the Liberty B4 and the WRX STI and it is like a $1.60 a litre.

my mums family name is Elliot.

I would be more than happy to help organise it if something happens and all u mainlanders come to Tassie for a huge skyline cruise that would be so cool all these dozens and dozens of skyline all in the one place and cruising along the highway.

come down here for a big together of skylines a go for a big cruise around the state.

Guest 33GTS25

zsky. i think the cruise to tassie idea just died, i think i speak for everyone when i say that there is no way anyone is going to run their car on anything but optimax or ultimate and i can tell you right now that i have no intention of paying $1.60 per litre for fuel i get for 90c.

i think i may know your family, do you have an aunty/cousin jodie

rod

it sux how tassie dosen't have optimax or ultimate and i heard it could be up to at least 2yrs before tassie will get it in servos.

i don't have a aunt or cousin named jodie and my mum dosen't know anyone in her family by the name of jodie.

Guest 33GTS25

zsky, i cant believe how long it takes for tasmania to get stuff the rest of the country has had for years, its one of the reasons i left not to mention the cost of living. before i came up here everyone was telling me that big cities cost a lot to live in and i gotta tell you that its utter crap, not only do i get paid a shitload more money than i ever would have in tassie but the cost of living is minimal in comparison plus we have a range of services available to us that would blow your mind.

make the move big feller, come and join the other half of tassie that is now in queensland

this is gonna sound really weird but, what is your mums name and what street did she used to live in, actually come to think of it how old are you.

if you're mum is a baby boomer, then there she is a good chance she would know my family as my mum is the youngest of 8.

for refernce when you speak to your mum, my name is Rodney Bukuya and my mums maiden name was Margaret Phelps

cheers

rod

On the subject..... I have just moved to Tasmania (launceston) from Rockhampton in Queensland. I am loving the Cold weather, I hate the hot weather of the mid to north Qld.... Also I agree that the roads are great. You don't have to travel Fast to feel like you are racing. Got to be careful when the roads get slippery though. It is like driving on wet glass, seriously. Drifting is easy, and unintentionally dangerous.

There is one particular road I want to take (Launceston to Beach) that I would like to cut from 45 minutes to 25 minutes... just a time trial thing. The roads are excellent condition, long bends, straights. Perfect for a bit of *time trial runs* I guess if your car goes as fast as 300 km/h you have the room and roads to do it.

Hey guys, chek out my thread in Events.... I am organising a cruise for September here in Tassie.

Btw, Zsky, Up here in Launceston we have 98 RON fuel at Caltex, called Vortex. Plus, you just need some octane boost just in case....

The cruise will be awesome, so email me or reply on the thread....

so Slaz and Nismojo......you both live up in Launnie?

That Launnie to Beach road you were talking about Nismojo, was that from Launnie to Greens Beach? Love driving that one myself.

What car do you have Nismojo?

Where would we be cruising since you guys live up north and zsky and I live down south?

Scott.