SAU Community

S A U N S W Trackschool Trackday 20th April Round 1 Club Championship

DekA

• 2 weeks later...

This day is now sold out. Awesome work SAU :cheers:

For people that have entered, you have a spot :yes:

If you are still waiting for information, flick me an email please.

Look forward to catching up on the day :action-smiley-069:

• Like 2

Sooo what sort of times are people chasing? And what have you done to get a better time?

I've done Wakefield once in Dec-15 (37 degree day!!! :O) Best time was a 1:19.6, braking and grip was definitely an issue.

On this day I also managed to break 2 exhaust mani studs and turbo to mani gasket was also leaking, has since been repaired, stock front pipe swapped out for a 3" and now running 10psi.

Hoping to swap the Bendix pads out for QFM A1RM's this weekend, but never got around to getting better tyres, so we'll see!

Sooo what sort of times are people chasing? And what have you done to get a better time?

I've done Wakefield once in Dec-15 (37 degree day!!! :O) Best time was a 1:19.6, braking and grip was definitely an issue.

On this day I also managed to break 2 exhaust mani studs and turbo to mani gasket was also leaking, has since been repaired, stock front pipe swapped out for a 3" and now running 10psi.

Hoping to swap the Bendix pads out for QFM A1RM's this weekend, but never got around to getting better tyres, so we'll see!

get project mu club racers.

Mid 30s at sandown, in a 1700kg emo, and hard on the brakes at the end of the straight, no fade.

• Latest Posts

• Because it's rubbish, it got progressively better with each generation but still rubbish when you're pushing the car on the track. Some like it, most hate it.
    • Yeah, I presumed that the pic was of some other car, because of the F. Ikeya arms.
    • Did a little bit this afternoon and pulled the dump and turbo off so I could take the mani off to clean it up and give it a few coats of paint. Wire wheeled what I could get to and then got the sand paper out to get the tight spots. Gave it one coat so far, will do another two tomorrow and see if I can fit it in the oven to bake it for an hour along with the adapter and dbw.  Hoping the exhaust wrap I ordered turns up soon so I can wrap the dump and screamer. Ordered 30M so I'll wrap back as far as I can to help a little with temp next to the box and also the floorpan. 
    • Yeah I think overall I’m running the expected power I should be running for now and I’ll just enjoy it for the time being until I get some other parts. Thanks for the advice mate I appreciate it!
    • That's fair enough.  Might be time to just enjoy what you have until you sort the ecu/flex sensor situation. You can pretty much guarantee that you are knock limited and e85 is going to be the solution to more power.