SAU Community

S A U N S W Trackschool Trackday 20th April Round 1 Club Championship

DekA

Yup, A1RM is a good street pad and ok for light track work. Unfortunately, Wakefield has three big braking spots that makes it a bit hard on brakes for heavy cars. But then again, tyres also will control the amount of braking you get so may balance out if on street tyres.

A1RMs are fine in a car with less than 200rwkw, you're just not pulling down as much speed. I never had issues with brake fade with them but the caveat to that is that I flush my brake fluid regularly.

• Like 1

So the last 2 days the cam seals and turbo water feed have been replaced due to leaks. Then my timing belt tensioner decided to let go and the belt jumped a toothed, luckly it didnt bend a valve.

New tensioner will arrive tomorrow, hopefully early.

Breaks and tires are still good, just need to mount the fire extinguisher again and fill up the jerry cans.

​SAUNSW Track Championship information.

If you are an SAUNSW financial club member and want to get your points for this round,

If you don't see your name below, Please PM me your Full Name and Forum Name.

Thankyou.

SAUNSW Championship Entries.

Will update Championship entry as received.

1. Aggroman

2. GTofuS-T

3. Pezhead

4. Bodella

5. Fatz

6. RiseofBrutality

7. deongster

8. wagon_boy

9. kila32

10. stagea_pete

CV joint fixed , new project Mu pads in the front, used a1rm's in the back and fresh fluids all round. Front near side strut making clunking sound, let's see if I can break it completely. also running Pirelli Cinturato P1, so I have I built in excuse for poor times.

Cool Ryan, haven't seen you in Yonks!

Reunion Texi Trackday?

Where are Cassbo, Liz, Doof, etc

(Edit - Eric, learn to read thread titles when SAU'n at work!)

Indeed mate, looking forward to tomorrow, last year was very long year with 0 motorsport, . Also looking forward to talking shit with people.

Anyone staying in Goulburn on the Wednesday night?

Anybody ?

Excellent day guys. Always fun to talk shit in between sessions!

Pretty happy with beating my PB by 2.5 seconds with no changes to the car (and the same shitty tyres I've done my 4 previous track days on), the list of want-to mods just keep going.

Well done guys - real shame i had to pull out on Monday - my Son got admitted into the hospital for RSV on Sunday night being less than 6 months old - was a bit worrying - i figured its more important to be closer to home... im glad everyone had fun!

Till the next one!

• 3 weeks later...