SAU Community

Major Overhaul Records - Looking For Help W/ Translation

sopwey

Anyone that can read Japanese up for helping with a bit of a mystery with some overhaul records?

I just purchased an early R32 GTR (my build thread: http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/461666-jasons-skyline-r32-gt-r-build-tx-usa/).

For an auction car, it was unique in that it was a single owner car that came with a very tall stack of service records, and looks pretty well kept. However, there are two major overhaul invoices included in the receipts which are interesting and for which I'm looking for some help in translation.

The work was done in 2006, and totaled more than 1.3M yen. The work was done by Nissan Prince Motorsports (I googled the phone number). It looks like around 300K yen spent on an engine refresh and 1M yen spent on a chassis refresh. About 40km has been put on the odometer since that time.

I'm looking for some help understanding what was done to the car, as I don't read Japanese.

The compression test on the first invoice shows an issue with cylinder 2, that's clear from page 1 of the engine invoice. What's not clear is what was done to correct it, if anything.

I also know that a few panels were replaced, and suspect there was major rust reconditioning done on the car. Also clearly it was painted.

Any help on deciphering any of these would be really appreciated!

Chassis Refresh Records BNR32-001502.pdf

Engine Refresh Records BNR32-001502.pdf

Congratulations on your car purchase! It has had an enormous amount of work done to it. As you can see every one of the hundred or so line items in the records is a part that has been repaired or replaced. Good luck with the car!