SAU Community

Sau Vic 2016 Events Calendar

Tony Olsson

Generally about $200 for a Sandown day, maybe $230 for a PI?

We often don't actually run all of the rounds in our championship, some of the rounds we join other clubs on their days.

Is there a website for sandown just for general practice days. Sorry for the dumb question with mallala down here they have general practice days go there pay ya $110 entry and go play around does sandown do days like that?

Hi All - a nice mid winter cruise - weather dependent - sounds enticing to me. Any interest from others? I'm not fussy about a route as long as it's out of town - the cruise up to Kinglake and back is not bad and doesn't take all day either.

We have been having cruises every other month for our monthly meets this year. Keep a look out for one coming up, next one is in July, there may be a cruise before then though :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm a new member and would like to know what the requirements are to attend a track day, such as Winton?

In the past I have needed a helmet, is this still the case and are there any other requirements?

Hello,

I'm a new member and would like to know what the requirements are to attend a track day, such as Winton?

In the past I have needed a helmet, is this still the case and are there any other requirements?

I actually just saw the thread track day requirements. Apologies

• Like 1

Im interested in doing the motorkhana day in Nov, regs says cars need to be roadworthy. I assume that doesn't exclude dedicated track cars? engine swap, no door cards etc. ok for this event?

See if you can view supp regs for a previous event.
Scrutinteering basically checks helmet & seat for Australian standards sticker, checking fire extinguisher is within date, checking seat belts/harness, and making sure nothing is going to fly around inside the car or is not properly fastened in the engine bay.
"Roadworthy condition" is sort of like a blanket statement for saying the car meets basic safety requirements.
But yeah, unregistered cars are allowed.

20 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

See if you can view supp regs for a previous event.
Scrutinteering basically checks helmet & seat for Australian standards sticker, checking fire extinguisher is within date, checking seat belts/harness, and making sure nothing is going to fly around inside the car or is not properly fastened in the engine bay.
"Roadworthy condition" is sort of like a blanket statement for saying the car meets basic safety requirements.
But yeah, unregistered cars are allowed.

champion, thanks.

Did not see a GOR run mentioned anytime during 2016 , was there one late 2015 or is that run off the agenda for some reason?  I am not rejoining so would that be a problem anyway as I remember we used to do Members only and Open runs also.

• Like 1