SAU Community

R32 Build Up

Hi guys, thought I'd share my progress with my newly acquired 93 r32 gtst.

A bit of back story of myself and the new car.

So before hand I owned an R33 pig, which was running a 25det Neo under the hood.

But I got sick of the car as it was never running properly and was always spending my money fixing it rather then upgrading it so I decided to sell it and a mechanic friend hooked me up with his 32 shell.

Quick back story on the 32. The previous owner before myself and my mate, was running a 26 motor with power figures around the 350kw+ so once upon a time this was a weapon of a car.

Since I bought it I slapped in just a rb20det, always heard good and bad things about them so I thought hell why not give it a go.

And once i had it in and running it was amazing.

Now the starting mods is basically all stock. I did pick up a hi flow 25 turbo but after a couple of drives noticed heavy white smoke, got it up on the hoist and we realised the rear seal was screwed.. So we smacked on a normal 25 turbo.

After a couple more days I noticed the car was chewing fuel at an extreme rate and blowing black smoke and by extreme rate I mean using a quarter of a tank without driving more than 20-30kms. Granted it does have a huge fuel pump in it (can't remember the specific one as I'm having a brain fart) but the car has been at my mates performance shop waiting to be touched.

So now your up to date I'll fill you in with what's going on at this specific moment.

(21.1.16) have purchased a e420c adaptronic ecu (haven't really found much I denationaliser on these besides a lot of people are running them in their skylines so if you could tell me what you would rate it that would be mint) but u fortunately 2 days ago I received a phone call of my mechanic informing me that the yard was broken Into and a whole bunch f stuff was missing from my engine bay, a set back none the less but atleast it makes me replace some parts with better parts.

Other than that your up too speed, I wish I could have given you more for the first post but I haven't really been doing much too he car besides just the general stuff.

Future plans for the next couple of months.

- gtr injectors and resistor pack (if your selling them message me)

- 3076 turbo or something that will make 250kw comfortably with good response (if you have any recommendations I'm all ears)

- FFP (I'm not too sure about this one, if you have advice in happy to take it)

- my goal for the 20det is to make 250kw or something close to this.

- catch can etc

Car currently has

- 3.5" exhaust from dump (will be going 3")

- fmic

- 455 walbro fuel pump (I could be wrong as I cannot remember exactly, will update once I double check)

- kakimoto wheels

- new coil overs all round (brain fart can't remember the brand, it's a super hot day here)

- gtr front bar and bonnetpost-135956-14533549043637_thumb.jpgpost-135956-14533549445683_thumb.jpg

This is the car currently as it sits, I will get some more photos when I see the car next.

post-135956-14533548586591_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So after a long long wait the car is finally back and it's so awesome!

So what's been done since its been back?

Well basically the car had to be completely rewired due to it just being completely crap and causing a lot of problems.

Adaptronic e420c has been installed and tuned! :)

Okay so with a stock 25 turbo on a rb20det running at 14psi we got 150kwrw. At first I was a little dissapointed it didn't make more but upon driving it I realised 150kw isn't too bad, in fact I was extremely happy with how responsive, snappy and quick it is.

That's the update for now :)

Next to come is bigger turbo and gtr injectors (if you have anything for sale please let me know).

Edited by r33 dylan

Just read the thread up until now man, keep it up!

Really keen to see where this goes tbh

I'm keen due to the fact that no one gives the 'ol 20DET any love, it would be awesome to see someone make a mental 20DET

So, I'll be following and watching this thread intently, don't let us down! :thumbsup:

Just read the thread up until now man, keep it up!

Really keen to see where this goes tbh

I'm keen due to the fact that no one gives the 'ol 20DET any love, it would be awesome to see someone make a mental 20DET

So, I'll be following and watching this thread intently, don't let us down! :thumbsup:

Thanks man! Yeah I spoke to some of the older and wiser boys and they said they love the 20s so I thought bugger it I'll give it a go!

Unfortunately progress will be a bit slow over the next couple of weeks/months due to loss of job and having a hard time finding one where I live.

The day it got tuned another 20det was on the dyno before hand and made 200kw and I was extremely impressed with how it went afterwards so my goals are roughly 220-250kw :)

Update: did some tidying up in the interior, the centre console area was a bit dull and had paint chips everywhere so I painted it again and was impressed with how it turned out. Will get some photos up soon.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for good mods to suite the rb20det I'd appreciate it!

Looks great mate, love the GTR bar, on the mods i guess it depends what you want in the end, best to figure out what your gonna spend and how you gonna drive it, an RB30 or 25neo with 3076 is what im into due to torque.. but i hear RB20's love the revs so that sounds fun too , at 220kw's im sure it'll be fun either way :thumbsup:

150kw isn't a bad figure at all, i was getting 145kw with an old rb20 & standard rb20 turbo on 14-15psi with an upgraded fuel pump & splitfire coils, it's pretty fun to drive even at this power level hey

Looks great mate, love the GTR bar, on the mods i guess it depends what you want in the end, best to figure out what your gonna spend and how you gonna drive it, an RB30 or 25neo with 3076 is what im into due to torque.. but i hear RB20's love the revs so that sounds fun too , at 220kw's im sure it'll be fun either way :thumbsup:

Cheers man, I was considering going a 25 but I wanted to give the 20 a run and yeah man they love the revs :)

150kw isn't a bad figure at all, i was getting 145kw with an old rb20 & standard rb20 turbo on 14-15psi with an upgraded fuel pump & splitfire coils, it's pretty fun to drive even at this power level hey

Hmm okay bro, I've been told it's a good figure then I have other people telling me they were hitting 180kw so I was just a bit curious. I won't deny 150kw is awesome but I want moaaar power!

Cheers man, I was considering going a 25 but I wanted to give the 20 a run and yeah man they love the revs :)

Hmm okay bro, I've been told it's a good figure then I have other people telling me they were hitting 180kw so I was just a bit curious. I won't deny 150kw is awesome but I want moaaar power!

Its always an issue, want more power, get more power... then when you get used to it you instantly want more power... had my 32 running 220kw on 14psi for over a year on low boost... its responsive but all i want is mooooooooooooorrrreeeee pppoooowwwweeeerrrr

Its always an issue, want more power, get more power... then when you get used to it you instantly want more power... had my 32 running 220kw on 14psi for over a year on low boost... its responsive but all i want is mooooooooooooorrrreeeee pppoooowwwweeeerrrr

Hahahahaha preach it brother :) but I'll be more than happy to stay at a 200+kW level man, 150 just isn't doing it for me :(

i wanted more power too, so i stuck an rb26 in mine lol. its about to get a LOT more power

but with the rb20 150kw was good for a daily, plus it had over 200,000kms by the time i pulled it out & never missed a beat. i was happy for the compromise with my uses.

next il be rebuilding it to put into a cefiro i picked up, so we'll see what numbers it can make then

i wanted more power too, so i stuck an rb26 in mine lol. its about to get a LOT more power

but with the rb20 150kw was good for a daily, plus it had over 200,000kms by the time i pulled it out & never missed a beat. i was happy for the compromise with my uses.

next il be rebuilding it to put into a cefiro i picked up, so we'll see what numbers it can make then

If I had the funds I'd stick a 26 or a 2j in it hahah.

I get one crowd telling me I should of made 180kw and then another mob telling me 150 is normal, I'm not too fussed as i think it goes pretty decent for 150 but I would of been stoked to get 180 out of it