SAU Community

Ross Balancers For Rb26 - Who Has Bought One Recently?

I was looking at this kit - https://rossperformanceparts.com/product/nissan-rb26-r33-r34-gtr-metal-jacket-harmonic-damper/

But read a number of reports about issues with PS belts being thrown.

A friend of mine works at Ross (came over when Omega bought them out) and claims they fixed an inherent design issue with the wrong offset on the pulley grooves when they came onboard.

I'm wondering if anyone has bought and used one of these in recent times and can report back on how you've found it?

They're mint now. Killer product and customer service is better than ever. I'm using their gear on my new build too.

So you have experience with it, or you're just talking up all the shit people gave you for free?

• Like 1

I had two for the last ten years.

The early one still never through any belts, and the new one has the trigger wheel setup on it and it is all good too.

Great product, bit pricey for their trigger kit, but super well made.

So you have experience with it, or you're just talking up all the shit people gave you for free?

People actually using them need to pipe up as it all feels hit and miss. I am holding off buying new OE as long as i can in case these things become a proven setup

As per the original post. Interested in people who have recently bought, not bought one years ago.

Just to clarify.

so you'd buy a part that proven to be f**ked because they "probably should" have fixed the problem now?

My Ross damper was purchased in the pre Omega technical days. We recently pulled the engine to fit a bigger sump and open up some clearances only to find the balancer has chewed up the nose of the crank. Car has only done two dyno sessions and one light shakedown. Bearings looked good fortunately but we have some work to do to clean up the front of the crank.

The guys at Omega have the balancer for inspection at the moment. Have to say so far they've taken it seriously and aren't doing any of the finger pointing you normally expect in this sort of situation. Sounds like there have been a number of significant design improvements since Omega took over as well.

Whether I'm game to put it back onto the engine will depend on what happens next.