SAU Community

370gt Crossover

Hi Neil! Sorry to hear about the arm bushes (I never had a problem with mine on the v35 and v36 so fingers crossed I will be alright) and the AC pump. I guess those can happen to any car I supposed. At least it is not a super major major problem I guess. Anyway, trademe has a wrecked crossover which you might be able to get the AC pump from.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1131074729

I was told by my importing dealer that my car has a minor crack on the passenger side's door mirror so I am also keeping an eye on the wrecked as well to see if it's worth getting the mirror to replace it rather than trying to get to a plastic repairer to patch it up. A bit of a bummer considering it's a grade 4.5 car at the auction and the crack was translated as "scratch on door mirror" in the auction sheet.

Anyway, did you get yours off a dealer or did you import it?

Edited by win4ever

Thanks for the pointer to the wrecked Crossover... I have sent them a message!

I imported through Carwebs in Auckland (The short recommendation from me about them is DON'T)... Here's a wrapup of what happened.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=162&topicid=161839&page_no=5#1306869

In fact - I'll paste it here to help out others...

----- cut here ------

Well, the car is here and the company involved has had EVERY chance to do the right thing, so here's the wrapup and what I discovered.

I decided to go with Carwebs in Auckland to manage the bidding, inspection, importing and compliance...  ( http://carwebs.co.nz/ ) And initially all was well. Their site is ok to use (They can see all the same auctions as most of the other sites) and I was able to get hold of people by phone to ask some questions.

Their site clearly states that you can place a bid with them, and ask questions / request a translation of the auction sheet BEFORE they will place the bid with the auction house. I placed bids and asked questions on 3 or 4 vehicles and each time they details when they looked into them weren't complete on the auction sheet, or the vehicles were missing a feature I was asking about. In each of these cases their process worked great and I asked them not to bid. No problems so far.

These are some of the relevant conditions from Carwebs site.

Before any bids are placed, we always get a translation of the auction sheet. The auction sheet is a report of the vehicle, and it will list any additional sale features or caution notes listed by the inspector. If the car has any features like leather interior, reversing camera, sun roof, electric seats, etc, this will be listed in the translation. It will also list any issues of rust, dents, scratches, stains, chips in the windscreen, curbed alloy wheels, etc. Our expert staff will go over and check the translation as well as send a copy to you to confirm you are happy with the condition of the car before any bids are placed.

As well as the auction sheet translation we also get the car inspected by one of our qualified independent agents on the floor in Japan. This inspection is an additional measure we rely on to reveal any underlying issues that may have been missed on the auction sheet. We also use this inspection to double check for any additional feature you may be wanting on the car. If the car comes back from inspection with any concerns or it does not meet your specific requirements, no bids are placed. In addition to this 3 step safety check, Carwebs guarantees the condition and compliance of your car. 

Then I found a car and it looked good. I filled out their form for bidding and asked for a translation of the auction sheet, as well as specific questions about whether it had two smartkeys (since they are expensive) and if the tyres were snow tyres or normal tyres, and the level of wear. I specifically did NOT ask if they would pass compliance as they can't guarantee that.. I asked these questions about 23 hours before the specified cutoff time for questions.

Then I waited. No answer. Hmm, Oh well, no big deal, maybe they didn't get someone to see the car or maybe the auction sheet was so inaccurate, or they found rust on the underbody or something.

2 days later I get an email congratulating me on winning the auction.

Wait... What?

They apologised for not being in touch with me about the questions I had asked, and congratulated me on winning the auction. They also asked for their 80% deposit (about $20k) and confirmed in the same email that the car had a single smartkey only, and would require new rear tyres at least.

At this point I phoned them and asked very politely why they hadn't given me a chance to retract or modify my bid based on these less than favourable answers and was told "Sorry, I wasn't at work on Friday so no-one sent them through"... (Since that time I have received several contradictory stories from two staff at carwebs about what actually happened, including at least one of them lying outright. I was told that the bid was placed at my initial max bid, and another time I was told that they had subtracted an unspecified amount from it since the car had only a single smartkey)

On the phone at that time, Katherine from Carwebs said they would work with me to address my concerns so I decided to take the risk (of the approx $1200 direct cost implication of tyres + smartkey) and paid the deposit.

I should mention that despite ongoing discussions about whether they should shoulder any responsibility for not following their own declared procedure for handling bids, they remained contactable and responsive about other questions like shipping status etc - although it took longer to get the car on a boat than they said on their website.

Finally, the owner told me he was not prepared to make any financial consideration in respect of their error. (Both he and Katherine were open that their process broke down and they were wrong not to get the translation and answers to me before the bid became binding)

I contacted the MTA mediation service and while they took my concern, they received less than accurate information form Carwebs about the situation and in any case, they are unable to make any sort of binding decision. Eventually they were unable to even give me a written finding so it's clear they are pretty toothless.

The car turned up and was complied in a reasonable timeframe (about the six weeks as specified on their website).

It wasn't groomed though (They state this is included - but in my case they gave a $64 credit since I was not in Auckland) The first I knew about this was when I received the invoice for the final payment.

Although the car passed compliance, the rear tyres were well under legal tread depth and had LARGE cracks near the tread and many smaller cracks around the inside of the tyre near the rim on the rears. The tyre place I got to replace the tyres refused to believe the car had passed compliance like this...

I have also had to get a second smartkey made so I am out about $1000 for tyres + key so I am not happy that Carwebs acknowledged mistake in following their own specified process cost me that money.

The car itself, I am very happy with, and based on some similar models locally that are now available it looks like I saved about $5-6k doing it this way.

I'd probably recommend the process if the car you're after is over about $20k, and isn't common, but I would wholeheartedly NOT recommend using Carwebs. They made a mistake that cost me money, refused to make any consideration for their (admitted) mistake, and mislead the MTA mediator about a few small issues.

Going through the MVDI Disputes process would cost several hundred dollars and I would have to get to Auckland, so the whole process is stacked in favour of the car dealers. Instead I will accurately and fairly convey my experience with Carwebs to anyone interested.

Cheers - N

Hi all

My first post here, I just signed up to follow this thread as I am also interested in importing a crossover. Some really good information here, which is surprisingly hard to find elsewhere. I've been trawling US forums for information on the EX37 but I can't be sure they are the same as the crossover.

When you get the SatNav converted to English does that also convert the other displays? i.e. the one between the clocks?

I've been concerned about what I've read about the RWD model being no good on the gravel. I occasionally go camping so would a AWD be that much better or should I just drive slower on those occasions (I think I've just answered my own question).

I'm a bit worried about getting parts for it as they are not sold where I live (Sydney). I guess the same applies to all import cars, I'll have more of a dig around the site here.

Does anyone know about tow bar or roof rack options? None of the cars I see on the Japanese auction sites have tow bars, but "some" do look like they have roof rails. I wonder if they could be fitted to a car without them?

Cheers, 

Dylan

Hey Neil, I had also imported mine through carwebs! In fact my current v36 was also imported through them. My experience with them has been decent. Nothing spectacular but not bad.

However, on both occasion, there was something that had affected my overall experience:-

1) When I was importing my v36, I find that details of the translation of the auction sheet was a little slow and I also found out that they have actually forgotten to put in a bid for me for one of the previous car that I was keen on. It was a Type S v36 coupe and I subsequently found out that my max bid amount would have got me the car. However, at the end, it worked out better for me as I managed to get a Type SP v36 coupe a few days later. The car was also exactly as described and I had no complaints about the condition of the car except the tyres. I had, like you, also asked them to check on the level of wear and was told that the tyres still had decent depth on the typre tread on all tyres. However, when the tyres arrived, while there is decent tread, they had failed a WOF as they were all cracked on the side. In the end, I had to replace all 4 tyres which cost me almost $2k so that's a significant chunk of the savings I got from importing myself gone! I tried talking with them but they said tyres are never covered in their guarantee which is probably right based on their website. So in the end, I accepted that. However as mentioned earlier, the car was in awesome shape and I was really happy with it. I also remember talking to the staff (Katherine) about how this is not picked up in the inspection and was not given an answer and she also said "sorry, can't do much, we only charge you $850".

2) When importing the Crossover this round, I ensured that I get them to inspect the car and get more photos of the car before going ahead. I guess I was also more careful and got on the phone alot more with her to make sure she is getting my emails and instructions clearly and also ensured that I got confirmation from her that she had placed the bid at the max bid I want (I change my max bid amount on different cars depending on specs and add-ons the car had). In the end I settled for a 2013 Type P that had all the spec I want and got all the confirmation on max bid amount and condition. As I have said earlier, the auction sheet said there was a scratch on the wing mirror so I gave the go ahead. It was only after all this that Katherine then send me an email telling me that the wing mirror had a small crack instead of just a scratch. I was in a meeting so I didn't get a chance to do anything until after the auction. I did asked her about it after I saw my email but it was very close to the auction time. I rang her to ask and she said since the staff did not take any photo of the crack specifically, she is pretty sure it's minor and not an issue. She also said there is no time to get someone to inspect the car anymore and said she had lowered my max bid amount in case we need to repair this. As she had assured me that it's not an issue, I went ahead. And an hour later got an email asking me to pay the 80% and that I had won the auction. Then I got an email with a photo of the crack which doesn't look too small to me although the photo was zoomed in so I have no idea how bad it is until I get the car. Again for a 4.5 grade car, I was just disappointed and I asked Carwebs how this can happen and how a crack was described as a scratch to start with. Answer I got was again quite vague and was more on the crack being a possible carpark damage while the auction house was moving the car. Carwebs did say they can help fix the crack but I will probably have to pay for the cost of the parts required. I had a look on ebay and seems like the part I need will only be about NZD100 so I decided not to make pursue this any further until I get the car.

Anyway, what I liked about carwebs is the tranparency on the auctions and how I get to browse through all the cars. It's more work for the buyer but it's something I enjoyed. I have heard about others like beforward but last round when I bought my v36, another SAU member, Russell had also bought a v36 sedan and it's only when I helped look at the auction results that we found out he has been overcharged by few hundred bucks by the agent. I have also previously imported my v35 coupe through another agent and I never really got to know what was the auction price so thought that the carwebs system was pretty good. However, it seems like there are more agents these days offering the same service. I just opted to go with Carwebs again cause I have imported through them before and they are quite close to where I lived. But after this 2nd round's experience, I am starting to wonder if I should give the others a go next time.

• Like 1

Hey Dylan,

Not too sure about your other questions as I haven't got the car so not too sure how well it will go on gravel but from the reviews and comments from others, it does seems like the Skyline Crossover was never really made for alot of off-road driving.

I assumed being still a Skyline and the fact that it's built based on a v36, most parts shoud be quite easily available. Not 100% sure though. It is in a way a risk to have a more "unique" car.

In terms of the roof rails, I think pre late 2012, the roof rail is an optional add-on to the Crossovers. After late 2012, the made quite a lot of stuff standard for the Type P model. I think included in that is the roof rails so that's why you see some with roof rails and some without. Personally I think the car looks better without the roof rails (sportier) although mine will come with one. :)

Edited by win4ever

14 hours ago, CornishFlyer said:

Hi all

My first post here, I just signed up to follow this thread as I am also interested in importing a crossover. Some really good information here, which is surprisingly hard to find elsewhere. I've been trawling US forums for information on the EX37 but I can't be sure they are the same as the crossover.

When you get the SatNav converted to English does that also convert the other displays? i.e. the one between the clocks?

I've been concerned about what I've read about the RWD model being no good on the gravel. I occasionally go camping so would a AWD be that much better or should I just drive slower on those occasions (I think I've just answered my own question).

I'm a bit worried about getting parts for it as they are not sold where I live (Sydney). I guess the same applies to all import cars, I'll have more of a dig around the site here.

Does anyone know about tow bar or roof rack options? None of the cars I see on the Japanese auction sites have tow bars, but "some" do look like they have roof rails. I wonder if they could be fitted to a car without them?

Cheers, 

Dylan

HI Dylan... The EX37 is the same as the Crossover... In fact they also had the EX35 which is nearly the same but had the earlier 3.5L engine.

Getting the Satnav converted to English is either extremely or eye-wateringly expensive, depending on your approach. There are some people doing a dodgy software upgrade and last I checked they are charging about $1000 if you can find someone. If you want a genuine English system you need to get one from a Canadian car and have it installed - that can run $3-4k, if you can even find a system. Basically... Learn Japanese and use your phone for GPS. The Bluetooth is also VERY hard to setup and not reliable with all phones. (It often cuts out)

I got a towbar fitted to mine and it wasn't expensive (Same price as a V36 sedan although they hadn't seen a crossover before). It uses either exactly teh same or very very nearly the same as the V36 sedan in terms of parts.

Cheers - N

I never had any issues with the bluetooth connection to any of my phones (had used 3 different phones now on it). While setting the bluetooth up can be a little tricky especially when you are only setting one up once every year or so when you get a new phone.

I find the translation guide included on the sticky of the v36 forum here pretty handy to help me navigate through the Japanese controls. Once you have it setup, there is not too many buttons you need to you on a day to day basis.

I agree with Neil, for us kiwis, it's probably best to just use our phone. Apparently you can hook your phone up to the sound system and have the voice directions coming from the car's speaker.

If you are in Australia, best have a chat with Chris Rogers who is an expert on this field.

On 8/2/2016 at 4:01 PM, win4ever said:

[snip] Anyway, trademe has a wrecked crossover which you might be able to get the AC pump from.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1131074729

[snip]

Hey thanks again for this pointer. I spoke to them and have paid $400 for the AC compressor. (importing one from Japan new even through direct channels would cost about $2300NZD).

CHeers - Neil G

9 hours ago, win4ever said:

In terms of the roof rails, I think pre late 2012, the roof rail is an optional add-on to the Crossovers. After late 2012, the made quite a lot of stuff standard for the Type P model. I think included in that is the roof rails so that's why you see some with roof rails and some without. Personally I think the car looks better without the roof rails (sportier) although mine will come with one

I think you're right. The roof rails (like the sunroof and radar guided cruise control) were options on the crossover (the cruise control from what I've read was a very rare option that the Japanese took up).

Also any of you Crossover owners installed a aftermarket alarm/immobiliser and if you did what did you get....I'm thinking of installing one and was looking at a Mongoose MAP70AU (apparently its compatible with EX35 so it should be the same)

And where can you get replacement keyfobs purchased and programmed in Melbourne? The car I'm looking might only have one key and I would need to get a spare made up (just in case they don't have the second key) 

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies guys, super helpful to find somewhere to talk about this, there appears to be little information about this car in Aus/NZ, in English anyway.

Great to know about the tow hitch installation. I think if I could have that I wouldn't need to have roof rails as well. Shame they can't easily be removed, I've heard about welding and all sorts to fill the holes.

We regard to the SatNav language swap, I rang Alex from Nagoya Motors yesterday and he said, on a 2010/2011 Crossover (which is what I am considering) he could convert the SatNav unit for $1,500. This would take around 5 hours and the bluetooth would apparently been stable. The dashboard computer can't be changed. $1,500 seems expensive to me but I don't know what is involved. If it's taking 5 hours it could well require some serious component swaps, but the cynic in me thinks that the dealers selling these cars aren't paying nearly that much. It could eat into the attraction of importing one, once I consider the other import costs.

In general I can see there is common standard fee of $1,500 but there are quite a few variables on top that have the potential to balloon beyond my budget. I'm looking at a 2010 crossover FOUR Type P, hopefully with cruise control, ideally something less than 80,000km but not "that" concerned if it has a solid service history. My budget is around $27-$29K. I've got access to a site in Japan where I can view all of the cars coming up for auction so picking one should be quite easy, and fun.

If you don't mind me asking what are you guys paying to import all up, aside from the purchase of the car?

Cheers

Dylan

Hey Neil! Glad to hear that you managed to saved some coins through that Trademe listing! Always happy to help out a fellow Skyline driver! :) I was looking at the wreck too to see if it's worth getting the door mirror but it's hard without first seeing the car. Anyway, I think I should be able to get the piece I need from ebay for about NZD100+ so that will most probably be a better option unless the wrecker still has the part available in a month plus time at a reasonable price.

Hey Dylan, not too sure about how much extra you need to pay for compliance etc in Australia but if I look at your budget, it seems very much doable in NZ assuming you are not too fussed on the mileage and whether it has cruise control or not. Jason is correct. From my research, cruise control becomes a standard option in the Type P after late 2012. Pre-2012 it was an optional add-ons and hence it is quite rare in Japan as not many people in Japan opted for cruise control due to the amount of city driving they do. From my time looking at the auctions, there are many type Ps that do not have cruise control but you do find a few that have it (probably cause you only get the lane departure function with cruise control??).  Anyway, good luck in finding a nice car and yes, it is great fun looking through the auction! There is a really nice AWD Type P coming up in about 1.5 hrs time in the USS Tokyo auction! Low mileage 2011 but with no cruise control. There are another 2 on Saturday from JU Gifu and HAA Kobe that look pretty good too and might be in your budget range! No cruise controls on both of them though.

Anyway, in NZ, in carwebs website they list the extra needed:-

http://carwebs.co.nz/cost-breakdown/

As you can see, it's not too much more except the darn 15% GST which is the biggest add-on costs component.

Hi team. I suspect the radar comment related to the radar matching speed with the car in front when on cruise control. Yeah, that pisses me off too if I suddenly find myself behind a slow car. But just steering into the overtaking lane changes that - the car kicks back up to full speed again once it doesn't detect the car anymore. Which, yes, on cruise control is a max of 110Klm - dammit!

I've only had my Crossover for 10 months now, but have had no mechanical issues. But then it only has 25,000 Klms on the clock...

And Loh, I think it was you I sent a copy of the Japanese navigation DVD for the V35 over to a number of years ago. Am I right? 

On 02/08/2016 at 10:25 PM, CornishFlyer said:

Hi all

<snip>

Cheers, 

Dylan

Hi Dylan. Nagoya Motors in Caringbah is selling the Crossover, and they convert the menues and satnav over as part of the sale, Also place english stickers over the jap buttons on the console. [edit: I see you already found that out]

I bought my Crossover from them, but they buggered me up over a compliance issue (see my initial thread).

And, yep, the Crossover is the Infiniti EX37/35 and Neil states. But if you want roof racks, try to find one with them already on because they are very expensive to buy as a genuine part.

Edited by Stuart McK

Hey Stuart! Yes, that's me that got the little gift from you! Thanks again for the help! The v35 is with someone else now (sold the car about 3 or 4 years ago).

Actually, a cruise control limited to 110km/h is a good thing for me! Keeps me out of trouble with the cops! :)

Will be keen to see this intelligent cruise control in action. From what I read, it seems like it can be a bit of a pain but hopefully it will be good. I went through quite a few cars at the auctions just to pick one with the option so hopefully the cruise control and the lane correction functions will be good!

And Dylan, Stuart is right, get one with the roof racks if it's what you need. It will be super expensive to fit one after that as I saw a youtube clip saying they will basically need to strip the interior of the car too to drill holes to fit the racks and depending on the quality of the work, there may be a risk of leaks too.

Hey guys.... not too sure but have you guys seen this YouTube video? First 14 minutes will be relevant to the Skyline Crossover. Shows how well it does agains the European SUVs (Q5, Cayenne, X6) on a quarter mile race! Basically, the Skyline Crossover smoked all 3 of them! :)

However I don't know Japanese so not too sure on what was the verdict when they tested the car on the actual roads. Anyone who knows Japanese can you please perhaps give us a summary of what was said? Thx in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

So.,..I finally bidded goodbye to my Y2K Stagea S2 and picked up my Skyline Crossover....it's a '09 model Type P that has cruise control option fitted but not sunroof and roof rails. The car is very deceptive (according to my brother). Yeah the radar guided cruise control is good but just got to play around with the distance but never had that option before and its a unique experience.

Also according to my phone's GPS (running Ulysse Speedometer) that dash is out by 7 km/h (cruise control set to 100, GPS is reading 93)..I don't mind that but when the cruise control goes up by 5's instead of 1's and maxes out at 110 (so you're doing 103) would be annoying on long trips...I wonder if you can it re-calibrated (i'm on stock rims and tyres)

The only other niggle I had (only happened this morning) is the telescopic wheel has played up (will go up and down but not in and out)...sounds like the teeth are worn out (when I got the car the option to auto rise up the wheel and auto slide the seat back when the door opens was enabled, nice feature but wears it out)...it's not a hassle for me but eventually I'll need to fix it

In terms of parts - can anyone tell where we can find them (as in from other Nissan models)...I'm trying to keep a spreadsheet on finds to make it eaiser

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my 2013 Skyline Crossover Type P last week and gotta say, it's been quite good to drive. As compared to the coupe, I think the suspension is softer and the steering wheel is lighter. But apart from this and being seated higher up than the coupe, the car does feel very similar to the coupe. The car arrived in really good nick apart from the little chip on the left wing mirror which will need repair (using black tape to cover it at the moment).

A few first impressions of the car:-

1) Car feels refine and the cabin is generally really quiet when the car is moving even when I am on the motorway. Gear change with the 7 speed gearbox feels really smooth too!

2) The car head room is not as bad as some of the reviews I see online esp from youtube. I am 5'8" and I have heaps of headroom both in the front and back eventhough the car has a sunroof installed.

3) There is also heaps of leg room at the back with my seating position at the front. I do notice however if I have my baby's capsule fitted at the back, the front passenger seat will have quite tight leg room (luckily my wife is not a tall person) and it will be abit of a mission to open the glove compartment fully.

4) Boot space seems adequate although the downward curving roofline does eat into quite a bit of space in the boot. However, I don't think I will have any problem with luggage capacity on a daily basis. It is still a significant increase in space compared to the coupe! :)

I do have a few of things which i want to check with you all:-

1) The interface for the head unit is slightly different from the one in my coupe and the translated version on the sticky post. Took me awhile but I finally was able to connect my phone via bluetooth to it and stream music through the unit. I do note that the user interface is different. I will need to use the touch screen or the control dial if I want to say pause the music but I can use the controls on the steering to move between music tracks. This is different to the old interface where I can do everything using the steering remote. Am I missing something?

2) I have been playing with the lane departure warning and prevention system and it was working really well until the weekend when I decided to give the interior a good clean. After that, I notice that both systems seems to have stop working even if I turn them on. Wonder if I had accidentally turn something loose or off. Anyone had similar issue?

3) Occasionally, the GPS in the car will start giving that school nearby warning based on the japanese map it has. Is there any way to turn off the warning? Anyone has tried that?

4) Does your car comes with a spare tire at the back? Mine seems to come with a tub of tire repair gel and a pump. I thought there is a spare tire under the bose subwoofer but don't think there is one.

5) Did you guys manage to get the USB connection in the car to play music from your phone? I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and for some reason I am only able to charge my phone but not play music. There is a message on the display monitor but it's in japanese so I have no idea what it's saying. I have set my phone to play MIDI files through the USB device connected but it still wouldn't work. Anyone have been able to sort this?

Thanks in advance for reading this and looking forward to getting some advice from you all.

Cheers!

Hey Loh. My 2013 has had the menues converted to English, so I'll have a look over the weekend at what screens to navigate to to do some of the things above and report back.

Otherwise:

1. What do you want to do with the steering remote? Pause the music? I'll check, but I think you do that by pushing the paddle switch in (which otherwise is 'select').

2. My lane departure only works when it suits itself. Otherwise, there's buttons in the bottom of dash below right of steering wheel to turn it on or off. I'm suspecting that my problem is due to my auto elec snipping the wrong black wire when disabling my after-market immobiliser (required to pass Aust rego). Decided to rely on the factory one, as the after-market one effectively made the proximity key a key fob only.

3. I believe so, yes. I think it's an option on the nav sceen menu. I'll have a look.

4. Mine is just the Contimobilitykit too. I'm advised that's what the european cars are moving to also. I'm wondering what I'll do it I get a slashed tire out in the country...

5. Yes. I play music from my iPhone via the USB in the console box. I prefer to do it this way as the music plays louder (than via Bluetooth), and the nav screen shows the file tags correctly and consistently. When I play music via Bluetooth, the display of tags is hit-and-miss, and when it does display song details it'll stop displaying when the next track starts.

I'll get back to you.

Edited by Stuart McK

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the reply! I have over the last couple of weeks found out abit more about the car:-

1) In terms of the steering control, in my old car, I used to be able to have a bluetooth interface on the touch screen display whereby I can use my steering control to toogle up and down to select play, pause, forward, backward on the screen and press my steering control to select what I want. With my current car, I can't seems to find that interface and all it has is play, pause and 1 other option in japanese which I have no idea what it is. Problem is I can't toogle between play and pause on my steering control so will need to go to the touch screen to select what I want.

2) Apparently the lane departure warning and prevention only works when the car is travelling at a speed of at least 65 to 70km/h. So if the car is going slower than that, there will not be any warnings or prevention. I did a search on google and found a nissan youtube clip explaining this. I have now tried at higher speed and it works all the time. In terms of the proximity sensing ability of my key, I noticed that mine is not working as well i.e. when i get close to the car, the light on the side mirror won't light up. I will need to press my key to unlock the car before the light switches on. Do you think it's because my car has an aftermarket immobiliser as well? What do you need to do to check and confirm this?

3) Still haven't been able to find out how to disable to school nearby warning. Will be great if you can advise. Thanks heaps in advance! Lucky you that you can get the nav menu converted to English! I am jealous as that's the only downside of the car although it's not a big issue for me for day to day driving. I know abit of chinese so can make sense of a few things in japanese but just takes alot more time to look around. Tempted to just get my friend who knows japanese to help me sort things out. The translation in this forum works great but seems like the crossover has a slightly different interface than the coupe's which makes looking for things alittle bit more difficult. Do you know if there is a way to change the background colour of the touch screen? Personally, I prefer the older display which generally has a dark blue background. I remember my old 350GT used to have an option to change the colour. Never tried it on the 370GT before though. Anyway, I do like the dashboard colours alot more than the old one! All white instead of white and red with a orange center display defintely looks way better!

4) Yes, mine has the Contimobility kit too which I have never used before. Agree, will be interesting if the damage is more than just a puncture hole.

5) I can't seems to get my S6 to work on the USB slot. Have you tried using a USB stick instead of your iPhone? Wonder if that works? I was suppose to try but haven't had the chance to do it yet. However, so far, my bluetooth display seems to be displaying all the right details. Sound wise it's still decent. I have been listening to an audio book while driving lately so the sound quality was never to greatest anyway.

6) Have you had the front collission warning buzzing before? I am not too sure how this kicks in. It has happened a few times when the buzzer in the car will go off as I am driving and the car in front of me slow down to turn into a side road and I slow down a little later.

Anyway, overall, I am very happy with the car! It definitely looks better than an average SUV and is alot sportier too than most. I am still getting use to the height of the car though which is still quite different from the coupe.

Got my wife the crossover (2010, RWD, fully specced). I have the V36 Sedan 2012 model SP.

The crossover is really good considering. Having driven both the sedan is of course quicker as it weights less. Mind you my wife likes to blast holdens off the lights !

I find the crossover wins out for space if you fold those rear seats down as the sedan boot has a narrow opening whereas the crossover has the large 5th door. The bose hifi in both units is similar but the sedan has a better sub imop. Crossover interior feels more luxurious over the sedan (both leather).   

Reliability is same, after all both are FM platform with same running gear. One thing about RWD crossover is that it has no LSD. This makes it a wheelspin maniac in the wet. Like another we should have held out for AWD but we had looked for 4 months on auctions an no good ones came up (AWD in japan tends to be near snow areas and snow = salt and rust). Now I am thinking of getting a lsd from an import wrecker and stuffing it in to fix this.

I'm happy to answer and comparison questions you may have?

Pete