SAU Community

2016 Round 2 - Sunday 28th Feb Calder Park Track Day - Hosted By Wrx Club

acsplit

12687829_1265233546836352_65941137551669

** URGENT UPDATE **

To meet national safety requirements of the AASA at the Calder circuit, an additional man made chicane will be placed on the back straight between Turn 5 & Turn 6 to limit competitors speed prior to entry of T6. The chicane will be constructed from water filled barriers.

Should the track be declared a wet day then an alternative configuration will be used encompassing the use of pit lane (with speed restrictions) as part of the track, avoiding the main straight where drag racing is held.

Well after a 12 month break we are back at Calder park raceway

- For anyone interested in attending their first track day here all you need to know : http://www.sau.com.a...y-requirements/

This round we will be attending the day run by the Impreza WRX Club of Victoria who have kindly offered us affiliate club pricing for the round.

- This discount entry price of $215.00 is only valid until the 20th of February.

- Late entries are $230.00

- Entries Close 25th of February

- Entries can be found here: http://www.wrx.com.au/event-2119478 Choose affiliate club entry

- Affiliate code : 9BERLVDM (make sure you put SAU VIC as your club and your valid member number)

You all have time to get your cars ready, if not come up and spectate as it is free.

Squires Loft Nunawading will be putting on lunch for all SAU VIC members (Comment in this thread if you are attending so we can cater accordingly).

12670037_1265234503502923_24073939576270

• Like 1

Awesome, just put in my membership application so I can join in :)

Good to see that Calder is a clockwise track, I've only ever done Sandown before, need to rotate tyres accordingly.

Hey do I need a CAMS license too or is this run as a Come and Try day?

Just looking at the Supp Regs (http://www.wrx.com.au/resources/Documents/Motorsport/2016/Round%202%20-%20Calder/2016%20Round%202%20Calder%20Supp%20Regs.pdf) it says -

DRIVER ELIGIBILITY

All drivers must hold a current AASA license or CAMS Level 2S license or higher.

So might be a good idea to look into one of those soon so they have time to send it out.

Good luck and hope to see you there :)

• Like 1

With very limited numbers available this is not a come n try day.

However for this event you will only need a CAMS L2(J) license as a minimum.

Come n Try (Level 1) license are only available once a year per person who hasn't had any other CAMS license previously.

• Like 1

Just looking at the Supp Regs (http://www.wrx.com.au/resources/Documents/Motorsport/2016/Round%202%20-%20Calder/2016%20Round%202%20Calder%20Supp%20Regs.pdf) it says -

DRIVER ELIGIBILITY

All drivers must hold a current AASA license or CAMS Level 2S license or higher.

So might be a good idea to look into one of those soon so they have time to send it out.

Good luck and hope to see you there :)

Come n Try (Level 1) license are only available once a year per person who hasn't had any other CAMS license previously.

Thank guys. I haven't had a license previously but just applied for L2S online and it's listed as 'active' on my CAMS member dashboard.

Now just waiting for my SAU membership number to come back so I can sign up ;)

• Like 1

Just to clarify, this was posted in the motorkhana thread. Not applicable for this event.

Ok guys slight change of plans to the track layout, here is the official statement from AASA to the WRX club.

** URGENT UPDATE **

To meet national safety requirements of the AASA at the Calder circuit, an additional man made chicane will be placed on the back straight between Turn 5 & Turn 6 to limit competitors speed prior to entry of T6. The chicane will be constructed from water filled barriers.

Should the track be declared a wet day then an alternative configuration will be used encompassing the use of pit lane (with speed restrictions) as part of the track, avoiding the main straight where drag racing is held.

We are working closely with they WRX club, AASA, Calder Park and WAP to find an alternate solution. I will keep eveyone updated if we have any other changes.

• Like 2

Well the front straight is much longer run off being bitumen, believe it or not but the back straight is nearly as fast.

I can assure you we have had multiple discussion with all parties and none have been approved thus far (even running in reverse), I have not given up yet and let's hope for the best.

I dont get it whats the difference between flying down the main straight which has gravel at the end and is a 1/3 longer than the back which also has gravel

They normally have the gate open at the end of the main straight so if you have a brake failure or other issue then you can go straight ahead through the gate and you end up in a large paddock.

This has probably come about due to the ass reaming that they got from the Qld coroner regarding the death of Sean Edward at QR (another AASA track) where the lack of depth to the run-off area (even though it is greater than Calder's for a shorter straight) was listed as a contributing factor to his depth.

We are seeking volunteers to assist with Flag Marshaling on the day.

Flag marshaling provides you with access to some exclusive areas for the best spectating possible, and the chance to get right up close to the action.

Volunteers who assist will be provided with a complimentary lunch by theImpreza WRX Club Victoria

We need a total of 12 volunteers, for half day shifts (i.e. first shift 9am -> Lunch & then Post Lunch -> Track close)

If you are interested please shoot an email at [email protected]

Thanks

• Latest Posts

• I hate to interrupt, there are enough internet rumors. I do build every single CORE in house that leaves my workshop including the one that you are using, as well as engineering work done on your turbo housings.  Reason been is I got shafted badly by a turbo joint 18 years ago when the business first started. I since trusted no one when comes to selling anything under my name, or I just don't touch them at all.
    • @MBS206 yeah it's a short run from battery in boot to pump
    • On a 20amp run, on "12V", if you're getting power for the pump direct from battery in the boot, you should be good on 12AWG. If the wiring is from up front, you want to get to a 10awg.
    • Got the speakers wired up in the doors today. I end up cutting the wire where I could access it and put new speaker wire on to run down to the crossovers and ran them to woofer and tweeter. I used the original speaker wire that went down to woofer to reuse the crimps.  Mate said he has a spot free to fab my intercooler pipes, dump and other bits and pieces on Monday so I started getting shit out and putting everything together that needs to go down with it. Got the rad in so he can fab the new top pipe to the hypertune hose as well.