SAU Community

2016 Round 2 - Sunday 28th Feb Calder Park Track Day - Hosted By Wrx Club

acsplit

This was an excellent day and it was great to meet some of the SAU crew too! Thanks for lunch too, nice cooking Andrew :)

Car ran well bar some loose manifold-to-turbo nuts, driver needs more practice :)

• Like 2

This was an excellent day and it was great to meet some of the SAU crew too! Thanks for lunch too, nice cooking Andrew :)

Car ran well bar some loose manifold-to-turbo nuts, driver needs more practice :)

Either Nord locking washers from https://www.blackwoods.com.au/

or Stage 8 locking from http://gcg.com.au/turbo-parts/stage-8-fasteners

• Like 1

I had a ball, pity about the rest of the facilities falling apart though.

Glad I got in a good number of sessions, somehow went through 60L of fuel and needed to get Jamie to give me a lift to grab some more so I could get home :yucky:

Feels really difficult to work on your times throughout the day as the lap times are so short. Wiping 0.5s off at Calder is like wiping 3 seconds off at PI

• Like 3

I had a ball, pity about the rest of the facilities falling apart though.

Glad I got in a good number of sessions, somehow went through 60L of fuel and needed to get Jamie to give me a lift to grab some more so I could get home :yucky:

Feels really difficult to work on your times throughout the day as the lap times are so short. Wiping 0.5s off at Calder is like wiping 3 seconds off at PI

Not only that, the temporary chicane kept on changing every session which made it very difficult to get consistent lap times. According to the GPS logger my times varied up to 2 seconds throughout the day just from that section alone.

I had a ball racing around and had no dramas with the car so top day for me! :)

I hope it went well for everyone else too

Thanks again for the day guys, said hi to a few of you but sorry we couldn't head down and have a chat as we were down the other end of the paddock, the sessions came around too quickly!

• Like 2

• Latest Posts

• Because it's rubbish, it got progressively better with each generation but still rubbish when you're pushing the car on the track. Some like it, most hate it.
    • Yeah, I presumed that the pic was of some other car, because of the F. Ikeya arms.
    • Did a little bit this afternoon and pulled the dump and turbo off so I could take the mani off to clean it up and give it a few coats of paint. Wire wheeled what I could get to and then got the sand paper out to get the tight spots. Gave it one coat so far, will do another two tomorrow and see if I can fit it in the oven to bake it for an hour along with the adapter and dbw.  Hoping the exhaust wrap I ordered turns up soon so I can wrap the dump and screamer. Ordered 30M so I'll wrap back as far as I can to help a little with temp next to the box and also the floorpan. 
    • Yeah I think overall I’m running the expected power I should be running for now and I’ll just enjoy it for the time being until I get some other parts. Thanks for the advice mate I appreciate it!
    • That's fair enough.  Might be time to just enjoy what you have until you sort the ecu/flex sensor situation. You can pretty much guarantee that you are knock limited and e85 is going to be the solution to more power.