SAU Community

Therapy

GTR-N1

Hey Guys who are just in here saying stupid shit and joking, please go to Wasteland. This is the only forum that I just wont tolerate it. Its a serious forum for serious discussion.

Cheers Christian (though I hope I've not landed myself in that scope haha).

I wonder if I'm too presumptuous in thinking she's still heavily using when she gets the day wrong, the date wrong and the time wrong.

She can bother someone else.

Either that or she's proper fried already with no hope of return. Even the personification of Stoner Sloth I met whilst in Coffs wasn't that braindead lol

I wonder if I'm too presumptuous in thinking she's still heavily using when she gets the day wrong, the date wrong and the time wrong.

Hey Terry, just wondering on your experience or research into megadose vitamin therapy. I know of a few studies where massive doses of Niacin was used to treat manic depression and schizophrenia but not sure what the precursor were. I remember vaguely that individuals with a predisposition to the illnesses were prone to the full disorder after the introduction of chemicals typically found in illicit drugs during their teens and early 20s. From memory the results from mega-dose vitamin therapy was encouraging.

Edited by XGTRX
  • Like 1

Hit The Nail On The Head:- Yes since '78 some of us nutritional psychologists had been trained to administer the Hoffer Osmond Diagnostic Test (Uni Saskatchewan) to determine if through 5 clinical scales, patients needed to support Serotonin, Noradrenalin and Dopamine with nutrients such as the Niacin (B3) you mentioned. Other precursors included Tryptophan and Tyrosine (which can only be efficacious taken on an empty stomach).

Back then the strongest Vit B3 Complex was Nizoid followed by Hivita Stress. They contained 50mg Niacin along with 350mg Niacinamide (forms of B3) in a complex of other B vitamins etc.

Because too many women would get a hot flush with so much Niacin, the reformulated and current Hivita Stress has 25mg Niacin with 350mg Niacinamide.

These B3 complexes help the Serotonin function better.

The Hoffer Osmond Diagnostic Test has been approved for court use in Australia and on occasions our reports have incorporated both the HOD and the MMPI (Uni Minnesota).

With ancestry history woven in, our reports could be used to excuse an accused of what's known as, "uncharacteristic behaviour" or "behaviour with biochemical and genetic linking" so long as the accused was not aware of such a condition before.

Hey Terry, just wondering on your experience or research into megadose vitamin therapy. I know of a few studies where massive doses of Niacin was used to treat manic depression and schizophrenia but not sure what the precursor were. I remember vaguely that individuals with a predisposition to the illnesses were prone to the full disorder after the introduction of chemicals typically found in illicit drugs during their teens and early 20s. From memory the results from mega-dose vitamin therapy was encouraging.

So yes in the final analysis there are people out there today who are functioning at high levels of self awareness and self control whilst remaining on mega doses of vitamin B3 and 5HTP/Tryptophan and are now off SSRI SNRI and Dopamine blockers or have reduced the drug doses right down.

Good isn't it?

They can still backslide with...

* high glucose

* illicit drugs

* general anaesthetics

* paints/thinners/varnishes

* alcohol

XGTRX was the predisposition only due to drug use at a young age? Or were there cases from a genetic or emotional issues?

Don't quote me on this as it was a long time ago, 90s I think, that I saw it in a medical journal. But I remember there was a cross section of patients from those that were adolescent with certain behavioral patterns to middle aged that had the full disorder ranging from genetically acquired to substance abuse induced. At the time I researched further and found various successful megadose therapies that were being trialed.

The real eye opener at the time was that massive doses, for example 12 000 mg of niacin per day were being administer with no sight effects including those that were seen at the time from conventional treatment, except flushes. Furthermore, even with the withdrawal of conventional phama treatment there was a restoration of normal behavior in most of the patients.

Terry could more accurately cite the study I am sure.

• Like 2

Not with regards to mental health, but I've read a few things regarding megadosing C and B vitamins having positive influence on many conditions. Definitely something to investigate and consider.

Dr Ian Brighthope (Victoria) had quite a few patients with HIV in the early 80s.

He used to megadose them with Vit C and Bioflavonoids.

Whilst lecturing with him in August '86 at Melbourne Uni, he said he'd only lost one.

I hope you point her in the direction of somewhere who will help her

• Like 1

But at 11.35 last night, her mother (who came along as well at the first session), texted, "Love you wat u doing".

This is getting weirder by the hour because I read on waking up, another text, "Hey".

I'm not inclined to reply at all now.

I'm not meaning any disrespect, and i'm not trying to be "That" guy, but isn't everything between you and her meant to be strictly confidential? That said, I do hope she ends up somewhere she can get the help she needs, and everything works out.

• Like 1

But at 11.35 last night, her mother (who came along as well at the first session), texted, "Love you wat u doing".

This is getting weirder by the hour because I read on waking up, another text, "Hey".

I'm not inclined to reply at all now.

Wow, hope the wife doesn't read these before you have a chance to delete them!!!

• Like 2

I'm not meaning any disrespect, and i'm not trying to be "That" guy, but isn't everything between you and her meant to be strictly confidential? That said, I do hope she ends up somewhere she can get the help she needs, and everything works out.

Interesting point. I think there's little harm here, but yeah you'd be correct I'd think.

I reckon a more anonymous forum would be better, where nobody knows who terry is. I'd invite him over to the forum I take part in as they have many sections for just these purposes, however I don't think he'd like the other members or environment in general haha