SAU Community

A31 Cefiro: How To Wire Up Your Wipers!

sumanator

Hi everyone,

A Lot of people buy Cefiros as rolling shells, this is usually no problem, as a lot of people like to use better motors than the variants of RB20 that came stock in these vehicles. This is fine, except that usually a car with no motor also has no engine loom. In a Cefiro this means that the connection between the interior loom and the wiper motor is also lost. BAM! no wipers. I have created a little diagram which people can use to reconnect their wiper motors so the wipers work again.

Clauses:

- I have based this wiring diagram off an A31 Cefiro. Its likely that a C33 laurel has the same issue but I cannot confirm this, happy for it to be confirmed.

- Attempt this fix at your own risk. It works on my car.

Materials & Tools Required:

- Female spade terminals, 6 normal size ones, 6 little ones (to suit the pins in the plugs under the dash). Alternatively, Pinch the relative plugs from a wreck (any late 80s nissan) and just connect them up. Or cut the the wires under the dash and make your own plug there.

- ~1m of 6 core wiring, tape, heat shrink, basic electrical materials to make the loom.

- Basic soldering equipment or crimping tools depending which route you take.

- Basic tools to remove guard liner and kick panel (screwdriver).

Process:

- Remove the passenger side kick panel. Locate the white plugs hanging down from the dash above the where the ECU goes, these are the plugs you will be connecting to.

- Locate the wiper motor, passenger side corner of the firewall.

- The stock loom runs through the hole from the wiper motor to behind the strut into the wheel well, then into the cabin near the passenger footwell. You may have to remove the inner liner to gain access here.

- Simply make your new wiring loom by following the colours in my diagram to connect the wiper motor to the dash plugs. You may want to remove your engine loom if it runs in the stock location so that you can integrate the wiper loom into the same grommet going into the cabin. Install and test.

Diagram:

Cefiro_wiper_loom_diagram.jpg

Good luck everyone, would appreciate any feedback from people following this guide.

This guide was posted on SAU for the benefit of its members. Anyone who wishes to copy this post or any part of it must seek approval from me and credit my work

James

Edited by sumanator

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...