SAU Community

Sau Vic @ 2016 Austrlian F1

Tony Olsson

12631417_10154574670614386_3394745165168

SAU Vic have been accepted to take part in the 2016 Australian F1 Automotive Avenue Car Club Display from the 16th to 20th of March.
Being one of the biggest events on the Australian motorsport calendar this is a great chance to show your pride and joy along with experiencing what the F1 has to offer.
SAU Vic have been given 10 places so there are limited spots available.

To enter send your name/forum name along with a little info and photo or two of your car to -

[email protected]

Make the subject 'F1 Display' so we know what the email is about.
Submissions close 19th of Feb and we will contact successful applicants by email after that date with more info on the event.

Just a couple of things to consider -

*Cars must remain inside the event between bump in on Wednesday the 16th of March and bump out on Sunday the 20th of March.

*Successful entries receive 2 passes to the F1 that cover all 4 days

Excellent news.

Presume this is for club member cars only? Vic/interstate alliances?

Do you have a specific theme in mind or should everyone apply - spectrum of Skylines/GTR, clean stock, highly customised, show v track etc then you'll decide on club theme once see the entries?

• Like 1

Great to see, I work there every year and on!y see the Nissan owners club cars which are pretty average. Can't wait to see some clean and/or full-on skylines / gtrs.

Would put my name in, but I would want to see skylines in the SAU stand, not my s14-gtr cross

• Like 1

Would love to but cant risk car getting damaged/scratched unless you guys are planning to rope the cars off?

There will be barriers between cars and spectators, here is some info from the F1 Motorsport & Entertainment Department who are running the Automotive Avenue -

- The vehicles on display will have rope and pole barrier positioned around them to prevent patrons from touching the vehicles during the event. However, it is the responsibility of each owner to ensure that no patron approaches their car during the event. Some clubs provide an ‘onsite’ support person to manage this process, as well as being able to provide information on the Car Club.

- Roving security will be in place during each event day and night in the area of each Automotive Avenue location.

- There will be no coverage provided to the cars from rain or dust, however, each owner has the option to cover their vehicle during the course of the night. All covers are to be removed prior to gate opening the next morning, which occurs at approximately 10.30am on each day of the event.

• Like 1

Would love to but cant risk car getting damaged/scratched unless you guys are planning to rope the cars off?

Got to ask as you say you can't risk it getting scratched - do you stay home and look at it in a garage? :-)

Got to ask as you say you can't risk it getting scratched - do you stay home and look at it in a garage? :-)

Stays in a locked garage almost all the time. I try to avoid shopping center car parks. I try to find parellel parking wherever I go so I don't have to park next to anyone :)

Stays in a locked garage almost all the time. I try to avoid shopping center car parks. I try to find parellel parking wherever I go so I don't have to park next to anyone :)

Fark parallel parking worries me the most. People openly swing car doors into other cars but people's depth perception when reversing in front of you is worse I reckon :/

• Like 1

Know that one, I parked up in Tidal river 50mtrs away from the main bunch of parked cars and someone still managed to drive in to the side of mine - plus didn't leave details

• 1 month later...