SAU Community

First R33 Gts T

Shing10

Hi,

Ive recently aquired my first ever R33 GTS T. Ive always been a fan of the GTR's (since watching them win Bathurst way back in 89) but never really looked at the GTS. Ive owned a couple of WRX's which are awesome machines, however when the this R33 came up for sale at the price I couldnt resist. Suffice to say I am now loving this car w/ plans to spend a bit of money on her and keep her.

First thing I'll be doing is swapping out the auto box and doing a manual conversion......then a tune and re-map to say 10 pounds of boost......then........!

Finally - may be a silly question but what does SAU stand for?

Cheers,

Shaun.

post-142450-0-28510600-1454729136_thumb.jpg

Hey, welcome to Silly Asses United!!

Nice choice of car mate, not many Blue ones around :no: (compared the the black/white/silver)

I Grew up in Alice, been south for a few years now though. There's a few guys that drop in here occasionally.. very occasionally. You should get my 'Cruise Alice' thread pumping again =)

G'day Skyln,

Ive seen a couple of R33 GTS T's in town, and also an R33 GTR as well. Yep, itd be good to get in touch w/ some owners out here and do the run out to Glen Helen (Which Im sure you remember).

The colour of the vehicle is actually midnight purple....doesnt show up as well in this particular photo, but when you see her in the flesh it's clear. I love the dark purple against the black alloys.

Yeah there's a few around or all types. Some nice GTR's.

We used to do regular trips out to Jims place for BBQ etc.

Wow, it looks fully Blue in that pick! Here's my old one

gallery_40758_1969_6968.jpg

Been in town long?

Get out to the drags when they are on next and you'll meet some great people.

• Like 1

They are both very nice. I wasn't aware MNP GTS-T's were even a thing. Was it resprayed?

not resprayed, it was a 40th Anniversary edition. Not a lot of them around.

That is a interesting mnp

Yeah, they are. can look anything from Blue (as in op's post) to black depending on the light, even almost brown at times.

• Like 1

yeah, never saw mine quite that blue either, i think thats a bit of a trick of the camera too. But at night/dusk mine was easily mistaken as being blue many times.

Shing10 got some more pics man? load us up! =)

Hey all,

Yep, she's a much darker midnight purple then yours Skyln - in fact yours is very much a purple colour. It seems there are a number of different variations of the midnight purple colour, Googled it and there's a lot of variety.

Mine isn't the factory mnp - it seems that Nissan released 3 different variations of mnp over the years. Mine is the previous owners interpretation of mnp, which as you can see is closer to a blue colour then yours skylin! But when you see here up close, you can tell that's there's purple in the paint scheme. Im getting her fully re-sprayed and the alloys professionally done to black in the next month and will upload a lot more pics then. Right now, there's a few minor, but to my eye annoying imperfections in the paint that Im looking forward to getting sorted out.

You mention Jim's place out here in the Alice Skylin - where is that?? Im doing the run out to Glen Helen on my next lot of days off which will be a lot of fun. The old mnp R33 you posted - did you have that in the Alice?? What was the reason for selling her?

Also, Im hoping to get a full manual conversion done on the car - Ive got a mechanic who can do the job, just need to find a conversion kit. Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction???? Not having much luck sourcing one :(

Cheers all!

Good researching skills!! =)

The blue one I have now actually looks purple in some light, and people have on several occasions called it purple.. haha. In the light you can see the shiny purple flecks in it.

The purple one I had up in Alice yeah. This is why I sold it;

gallery_40758_1969_654559.jpg

More pics in my gallery if interested.

Jim's Place is Stuarts Well, about 100k's south, nice a nice blast for some lunch, Bar, Shade, etc.

The drive out to Glen Helen is great too, Any direction really, that is one great thing about being there.

As far as sourcing things goes, its pretty much online as there's not much locally unless you find someone parting one out. I found here on SAU was one of the best options as you can do some real checks on the seller if you want. Postage is a killer though!

There's a 'Race ya mates' on at the drags next month. I recommend entering and having a bit of fun and meeting some people, they are generally more than happy to help out if they can. A very good crew. Here's the FB page for the Dragstrip https://www.facebook.com/ASID.CADRA/?fref=nf

Here's another good FB group to join https://www.facebook.com/groups/488661194486069/

There's a few people in that group who might be able to help with sourcing things

If Carmello still has CG's Performance, I highly recommend him!

Link to the Alice thread on here http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/181853-cruise-alice/

Looking forward to some more pics and progress updates.

Dont be shy about starting your own build thread :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Skylin - thanks for the heads up mate!

Missed the one on the 20th, and unfortunately working on the 12th.

Do you have a link to where this information is posted?? I'd love to get along to one of these.

Cheers mate.