SAU Community

Rb 2860-5 Highest Hp?

Jc052685

I think you don't understand what I am trying to say, I suggest you do some googling.

I dont need to google anything. I am the one here that made record numbers on -5 turbos. I specifically asked YOU what is the restriction? What is the back pressure ratio on -5's? What is the back pressure ratio change when externally gated? What specifically is the advantage to externally gating these turbos on this engine?

Your motor will breathe, externally gate anything before the collector and you'll make more power.

It's not rocket science.

And congrats on your epic record achievements because it's a US dyno. I'm sure my corolla would make as much power as your setup too if it were on some inflated US dyno :)

Also, calm your farm.

• Like 3

I dont need to google anything. I am the one here that made record numbers on -5 turbos. I specifically asked YOU what is the restriction? What is the back pressure ratio on -5's? What is the back pressure ratio change when externally gated? What specifically is the advantage to externally gating these turbos on this engine?

congrats you managed to make 800 field mice power with -5s on an American dyno

Your motor will breathe, externally gate anything before the collector and you'll make more power.

It's not rocket science.

And congrats on your epic record achievements because it's a US dyno. I'm sure my corolla would make as much power as your setup too if it were on some inflated US dyno :)

Also, calm your farm.

That is assuming that anything after the collector is in fact a restriction... You have no data showing that it is or that an externally gated setup will benefit this specific application.

congrats you managed to make 800 field mice power with -5s on an American dyno

I would also like to point out that everyone seams to be laying the burden of proof on me. Has anyone here specifically dyno'd on a dynojet to say that it reads high?

And still hasnt seen the strip....

Car will see the strip. Just got the clutch sorted out. Now working on a tire rub issue.

If you love playing statistics wars, I heard the stock market is a fabulous place for that :)

What do statistics have to do with definitive measured data?

FYI - you still have not answered my question.

hint: its because you dont have the information to answer said question.

• Like 1

It is well known that dynojet number's are ALOT higher than dyno dynamics or mainline dynos here in Oz.

Run it up on a mustang dyno that will give us a far closer number.

Im sorry but on a stock head and stock cooler etc that your car has that power simply isn't possible!

Dynojets are around 15% higher than our dynos on average.

Oh ffs just run some mph will ya.

This dyno numbers crap is just bullshit.

Run mph and then you will know that your dyno figures are just full of shit.

Show us the mph or just shut the fk up.

• Like 3

What do statistics have to do with definitive measured data?

FYI - you still have not answered my question.

hint: its because you dont have the information to answer said question.

Don't need any data, proof is in the pudding.. piggaz's turbos were over worked, glowed probably redder than the sun, boost bled down up top.

I don't need to work for NASA to tell you that the housings are too small.

Anyhow, a couple of Nissan SR20s would pull a premium one week before race wars

Look, I was letting this thread sit till we ran the car at the track except I keep getting multiple emails a day with you jack holes cluttering up the tread. I am not stating anything until I run at the track.

So we are looking for high 130mph?

• Like 1

Look, I was letting this thread sit till we ran the car at the track except I keep getting multiple emails a day with you jack holes cluttering up the tread. I am not stating anything until I run at the track.

So we are looking for high 130mph?

no, need at least 140mph.. Maatouks can do it with less powererererer.

Don't need any data, proof is in the pudding.. piggaz's turbos were over worked, glowed probably redder than the sun, boost bled down up top.

I don't need to work for NASA to tell you that the housings are too small.

Anyhow, a couple of Nissan SR20s would pull a premium one week before race wars

Ok, so the turbos glowed and the boost dropped off...

Turbos glowing - excessive egt.... why?

Boost falls off - Compressor cant keep up (out of flow). Not related to exhaust housing restriction. If anything boost would remain at targeted level because the gases cant escape the engine quickly enough.