SAU Community

Rb 2860-5 Highest Hp?

Jc052685

On 17/10/2020 at 8:45 AM, admS15 said:

So -10s must be like twin BBC's

That they are! Except they only get semi hard and stare at your shoe laces. 

Edited by Mick_o
  • Haha 1

On 14/10/2020 at 11:52 AM, Lithium said:

So far the only "modern" twins setup that I've seen which has generated a result which gets one thinking is the PMC/Integrated Motorsport R34 GT-R which makes >1100hp @ crank on G25 660s.  It's laggy as hell, but has a wide (like 6000-10000rpm?) power delivery so there is a bit of a swings and roundabouts thing going on there - you would NOT use that for what most are looking for with twins, not least because it's not stock location but instead some wild fabrication involved.  I don't expect there to be any major development with stock location twins as turbo tech isn't really the primary hold up, it's mainly packaging limitations imho... which is a lot of why I'm so pro-single on an RB.

BTW, this thread is hilarious to look back over.

Yeah, I've seen that and had the occasional chat with Pete about it. Big set up that's built for purpose. 

I would be interested to see the latest Gen 2 GTX 2860's set up on a 2.8, I think that would be about as modern as it gets currently. 

16 hours ago, Torque Curve said:

Yeah, I've seen that and had the occasional chat with Pete about it. Big set up that's built for purpose. 

I would be interested to see the latest Gen 2 GTX 2860's set up on a 2.8, I think that would be about as modern as it gets currently. 

RacePace did a Gen 1 GTX2860 on a 2.8 with E85. It made 421wkw at 20/21psi which was a pretty decent result. 

I ran out of turbo on my -5's at 419wkw with my 2.8 on 98RON. 

On 26/10/2020 at 10:53 AM, GDZ32 said:

RacePace did a Gen 1 GTX2860 on a 2.8 with E85. It made 421wkw at 20/21psi which was a pretty decent result. 

I ran out of turbo on my -5's at 419wkw with my 2.8 on 98RON. 

The current Gen 2q's seem to have more grunt to them and would seem to easily surpass the previous setups that have been tried (to varying levels of success. I know that AdamLZ on the youtube's has a set to go onto the R34 which is in the build so will be good to see the outcome there.

Edited by Torque Curve

On 10/27/2020 at 4:09 PM, Torque Curve said:

The current Gen 2q's seem to have more grunt to them and would seem to easily surpass the previous setups that have been tried (to varying levels of success. I know that AdamLZ on the youtube's has a set to go onto the R34 which is in the build so will be good to see the outcome there.

American dyno though so can only take those results when they come with a pinch of salt..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_rbman said:

American dyno though so can only take those results when they come with a pinch of salt..

And LZ's will have Vcam, so hard to compare amongst the gen pop with basic mods.

On 27/10/2020 at 4:39 PM, Torque Curve said:

They all claim to have 1 million percent more flow and made more power on made up dyno graphs, by whoever is building the turbos, but hardly ever translate into real world gains. I've seen it so many times. Then again a lot of people just care about a higher number on their dyno graph

• Like 2