SAU Community

Rb 2860-5 Highest Hp?

Jc052685

Injectors, like others have said don't match the power

My 1250's are totally maxed out at similar hp on what some would say is a generous dyno (when I say totally maxed out they run over 120% duty haha)

What base pressure are you running ?

pardon my ignorance, but how you open injectors for more than 100% of the time? is it calculating say a 36ms required pulse width when the cycle time is only 30ms, but in reality, the injector has saturated?

It's calculated on time from close to open to close. Over 100% basically means they never close fully

What base pressure are you running ?

Standard 3bar from memory plus a health 30psi bump when it comes on boost haha

Edited by SimonR32

What kind of bullshit dyno run is that? Couldn't even turn up the volume and the run was over.

Not only that, that's at least 80hp more than oz cars.

But whatever really, he is in the US and compares to US cars.

Edited by s2d4

In regards to your comments on the other dyno results thread in relation to Z32's in America making 500 wheel horsepower with stock turbos.

that's again about 200hp at the Wheels more then I personally saw on my Z32 and mine had slightly higher flowing turbos from what I was told and it did have bigger intercoolers on both sides as it was a limited Steve Millen limited edition version which had some aftermarket options thrown in and twin 3 inch exhaust straight through and a huge K&N air filter sitting right at the front grill so you could say there was no restriction in front or behind these turbos.

we ran them at 15 & 17psi and apart from more low down response we found virtually no extra power over 13psi.

which was basically where those little T25's are most efficient anyway and anyone who has owned a Z32 knows they can run hot at the best of times so no point pushing the little turbos Beyond the limits for f/a gain.

The 13psi got us 301 AUS hp at the tyres so way off the 500 USA hp!

It's a 15 year old article from autospeed but still up... http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Stillen-Sizzler&A=1003

Edited by mr skidz

In regards to your comments on the other dyno results thread in relation to Z32's in America making 500 wheel horsepower with stock turbos.

that's again about 200hp at the Wheels more then I personally saw on my Z32 and mine had slightly higher flowing turbos from what I was told and it did have bigger intercoolers on both sides as it was a limited Steve Millen limited edition version which had some aftermarket options thrown in and twin 3 inch exhaust straight through and a huge K&N air filter sitting right at the front grill so you could say there was no restriction in front or behind these turbos.

we ran them at 15 & 17psi and apart from more low down response we found virtually no extra power over 13psi.

which was basically where those little T25's are most efficient anyway and anyone who has owned a Z32 knows they can run hot at the best of times so no point pushing the little turbos Beyond the limits for f/a gain.

The 13psi got us 301 AUS hp at the tyres so way off the 500 USA hp!

It's a 15 year old article from autospeed but still up... http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Stillen-Sizzler&A=1003

Umm sorry to say but there are already a few Z32's making 300rwkw on stock turbos and not a lot of work done, E85 works wonders along with some other bits that have been developed in the last few years. Friends 300ZX made 300rwkw @ 20psi on a catback, SMIC, Top feed/E85 setup and hits 250rwkw @ 4000rpm. Mine makes a bit more than that with 3" dumps, 2.5" cooler piping and 22PSI. Your one not making power past 13PSI would indicate turbos from the auto model 300ZX with tiny turbine housings.

To be clear what "record" are we talking about? GT2860-5's on their own? On an RB? on any engine?

If dyno dynamics, A member on AUS300ZX made 492.5rwkw @ 28PSI with them. If RB, i'm fairly sure i saw 474rwkw from a 2.8L GTR somewhere on here. If its the Dynojet record then its well north of 750rwhp from what i remember.

Are you 100% sure that z32 result wasn't gtx2860s?

Anyway you seem to be possibly missing his point about using a Japanese car that has been sold in both markets then getting tuned with a stockish setup to compare general dyno numbers