SAU Community

Rb 2860-5 Highest Hp?

Jc052685

Are you 100% sure that z32 result wasn't gtx2860s?

Anyway you seem to be possibly missing his point about using a Japanese car that has been sold in both markets then getting tuned with a stockish setup to compare general dyno numbers

Im 110% sure because i know what shop built it and the owner too. He has gtx2863s now making 565rwkw.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on Injector Dynamics own data, the nominal flow rate of their ID1000 is 1015cc at a base pressure of 43.5psi. The car in question, based on the data provided by the owner and tuner is running 58psi base pressure. This is just shy of a nominal flow rate of 1180cc. Add 25psi boost, and as previously stated, we are looking at 83psi peak fuel pressure. According to Injector Dynamics that is a touch under a nominal flow rate of 1390cc. At 83psi the injectors are safely within the ID1000 maximum fuel pressure rating.

I assume the fuel system consists of appropriately rated dual feed lines and return fuel line, to go with the twin Walbro 400hp E85 pumps and preferably a twin-entry rail. All assisting the set-up to reach the nominal rating.

Using this data and running it through some very rough E85 specific injector calculations (1390cc x 6 = 8340cc / 11 = 758hp) we can see that ID1000 injectors are capable of supporting approximately 750hp in this specific example.

That's 750 at the flywheel, does this car have such an awesome drive train that it is capable of almost zero loss?

Also the turbos are rated at 700hp at the fly wheel and has managed to surpass that at the wheels, but then again we are talking about American pony power and not Australian horse power

• Haha 1

Based on Injector Dynamics own data, the nominal flow rate of their ID1000 is 1015cc at a base pressure of 43.5psi. The car in question, based on the data provided by the owner and tuner is running 58psi base pressure. This is just shy of a nominal flow rate of 1180cc. Add 25psi boost, and as previously stated, we are looking at 83psi peak fuel pressure. According to Injector Dynamics that is a touch under a nominal flow rate of 1390cc. At 83psi the injectors are safely within the ID1000 maximum fuel pressure rating.

That's now how injector pressure works...

if the fuel pump is supplying 83psi, and the boost pressure is 25psi, the pressure across the injector is 58 psi, so the flow rate will be the 1180cc pressure you mentioned. Which isn't enough fuel to flow the quoted power figure, etc.

Of course it is 750hp at the engine. I thought that was obvious.

As for the rest of the debate, I'm not weighing in. I am merely pointing out the capability of a set of 6 ID1000 injectors.

Looks like back to basics for me then. I assumed (incorrectly it would seem) that base pressure is set on the regulator. In this case 58psi. Then assuming a 1:1 rising rate regulator each pound of boost will equal 1 pound of additional fuel pressure. At 25psi boost the fuel pressure at the rail, and therefore the injector, is 83psi.

Running the numbers through a range of online injector calculators, 6 x 1000cc at a base pressure of 58psi is more than enough to support 750hp with duty cycle to spare (90%). Real world examples support this. There are always exceptions but I suggest there are other restrictions in those cases.

Right, got it. A 1:1 regulator is there to maintain the base pressure.

Despite my misunderstand, at the end of the day, running the data through a range of online injector calculators (58psi base press, 6 x 1000cc, E85 etc.) where my misunderstand has no bearing, each case results in the same outcome. ID1000 injectors will support 750hp - possibly more given I worked off 90% duty cycle vs the 97% reported in this particular application.

• Like 1

Seems abit on the high rating - is that running the SAE correction method or what?

If you running the American version then I have seen dynos add an extra 50kw on a hot day as it tries to factor in heat to the air density.

Mine ran 384KW on jap/aus/nz conversion and we switched to American and I gained 18kw to 402....so I broke 400 haha.

Imagine on E85 if I was pushing 460-470 a jump of 50 kw would easily be seen on the same day as me.

Another thing to point out guys, turbos are not rated in crank hp or rear wheel hp. Turbos are rated to how much air they move, so a 35lb/min compressor will get a "350HP" rating not taking into account if the turbine side can support it or not.

Moral of the story make sure your turbine wheel can discharge the gas that your compressor is pumping into it or your GTRs/-10/gt2871 turbo will be laggy then come on and choke it's own ass [emoji85]

^but if you cut 2x sets of holes on your manifolds and weld up external gates then you resolve that choking issue :)

Still doesn't stop twins being gaids.

2 gates on low mounts?

Whata waste of time, better off using one gate and one turbo.

better results half the money.

2 gates on low mounts?

Whata waste of time, better off using one gate and one turbo.

better results half the money.

You've changed man. Lol.

Although, two gates, one turbo.