SAU Community

HKS actuator playing up.

I have a HKS actuator that came with my 2835ProS turbo which I am led to believe is a 1bar actuator. Never tested this theory and have been running this setup for a while until the actuator bar broke. Fixed it and the car still makes its power however boost does not seem to be coming on as hard or holding as well. I ran the actuator only and maxes out at 7psi not 14psi as rated. Tension is all good. I am interested what anyone else with a 1bar actuator is getting or any theories on what may be wrong (possibly internal to the actuator)? Seeing mechanic tuesday.

Thanks

If you didn't get the actuator rod exactly the right length (ie; shorter) you have reduced the preload on the spring. This means the wastegate will open at earlier than previous boost levels. Try lengthening the rod. :D

Guest Robo's

How do measure the right length???

Ive just bought a HKS actuator for a stock RB25 turbo and are having bad results. I dont get max boost (10psi so far) until 6,000 rpm. Boost at 3000rpm is 5psi where i was previously getting 13psi with the stock actuator and bleed.

my hks actuator is 10psi (same as rb20 stock) it holds 10, 15 and 17psi (my 3 boost settings) perfectly with the e-boost. I expected it to be a 1bar actuator but i am happy it is not.

Evan

So I can assume the least boost you can make would be 10psi indicating mine may be faulty. How do you like the e boost?

If you didn't get the actuator rod exactly the right length (ie; shorter) you have reduced the preload on the spring.  This means the wastegate will open at earlier than previous boost levels.  Try lengthening the rod. :D

Maybe I am thinking wrongly that if the rod is shorter it is preloaded making more effort to open when by lengthening it may give me the results. I will try.

To be honest I love the e-boost, boost comes on fast, smooth and holds beautifully.

Also I have it mounted below the steering wheel and to the left, I actually find while giving it a poke that the boost is much easier to read with a big digital readout than an analog one that was near the a-pillar.

Very happy.

Evan