SAU Community

The ever evolving R32 GTR build

1 hour ago, mr_rbman said:

Probably the final finishing touch to the engine bay.....for now, Garage Defend cooling panel.

IMG_6392.JPG

IMG_6393.JPG

I noticed you have the front section of the cooling panel sitting under the grille, 99% of the time that I see an engine bay shot with the same cooling panel, lot of people sit the front section on top of the grille. Do you have any fitment issues with the way you have it sitting at the moment.

1 hour ago, jmknights93 said:

I noticed you have the front section of the cooling panel sitting under the grille, 99% of the time that I see an engine bay shot with the same cooling panel, lot of people sit the front section on top of the grille. Do you have any fitment issues with the way you have it sitting at the moment.

haha, interesting you say this......I googled as when I was fitting it neither way seemed to be quite right, all the pictures I found showed it the way you see above...

but in saying that it doesn't sit 100% right around the bonnet latch so I may try the other way and see if it makes a difference...

cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, okooko said:

coincidentally I was putting mine on over the weekend.

nice carbon grille too

cheers, I'm hoping I've achieved the right amount of carbon without making it 'tacky' I'm fairly happy...

As josh mentioned above, does yours sit above or below your grill?

Edited by mr_rbman
adding text

2 hours ago, mr_rbman said:

cheers, I'm hoping I've achieved the right amount of carbon without making it 'tacky' I'm fairly happy...

As josh mentioned above, does yours sit above or below your grill?

I'm liking the all black theme you got going on. mines a bit less color orientated

Havent popped the grille on yet but the panel will be going under it. I'm assuming you've got the genuine GD item so fitment would be better?

I picked mine up from dori34, fitment was largely ok just had to dremel a few holes and I did enlarge the bit just below the bonnet latch to let it move freely.

Bonnet needs a bit more pressure to close now but no biggie. im just fussy lol

17 hours ago, okooko said:

I'm liking the all black theme you got going on. mines a bit less color orientated

Havent popped the grille on yet but the panel will be going under it. I'm assuming you've got the genuine GD item so fitment would be better?

I picked mine up from dori34, fitment was largely ok just had to dremel a few holes and I did enlarge the bit just below the bonnet latch to let it move freely.

Bonnet needs a bit more pressure to close now but no biggie. im just fussy lol

ye mines the genuine Garage Defend item, I picked it up last week on one of those 40+ degree days and it had to sit in my car for the majority......so I'm not sure if it's not sitting right due to that or another factor. To the eye it doesn't appear to have deformed in anyway but I guess I'll never know.

You doing AJD?

1 hour ago, mr_rbman said:

ye mines the genuine Garage Defend item, I picked it up last week on one of those 40+ degree days and it had to sit in my car for the majority......so I'm not sure if it's not sitting right due to that or another factor. To the eye it doesn't appear to have deformed in anyway but I guess I'll never know.

You doing AJD?

I haven't done materials science for years now but I don't recall it being that much of an issue for CF.

I'll be wondering around AJD at some stage and having a suss, you entered?

Trying to tidy up mine for the next meet whenever that is..

38 minutes ago, GH05T said:

sweet, was really annoyed i couldnt come.

got held up at work :( looks

ye I was actually saying how many Gunmetal's were there and that there were another two I knew of that didn't make it, including yours.

I'm sure there'll be more opportunities coming up :1314_thumbsup_tone5:

A few pics form Sundays All Japan Day.

Ran with the old wheels as my mate fitted my new Nankang NS2R semi slicks to the RPF1's and I didn't have time to refit them.......still torn between the Rays and Enkei's :13_upside_down:

IMG_6445.PNG

IMG_6446.PNG

IMG_6447.PNG

IMG_6450.PNG

IMG_6472.PNG

IMG_6473.PNG

IMG_6474.PNG

IMG_6476.PNG

• Like 2

Had my new semis slicks fitted to my RPF1's.

Went with the Nankang NS2R's (18 x 255 x 35)

Will give them a good testing this weekend in preparation for my next hill climb (1st & 2nd April)

IMG_6488.JPG

IMG_6490.JPG

IMG_6491.JPG

• Like 1

Not much happening with the GTR, just getting her ready for the Mt. Alma hillclimb first weekend of April.....but been doing a little on my SIL80. Figured it wasn't worth starting a new thread but I'd add bits in here and there as I build her into my new fun car so I hopefully don't wreck the GTR.

The exhaust on the Sil80 was a 'bitsa', typical S13 it sat low in areas and scraped on everything.

So I decided to put my trade (boilermaker/welder) to good use and fabricate my own exhaust, keep in mind I haven't been on the tools fulltime in over 10 years so go easy :13_upside_down:

I was a little rusty on the tig to start with but by the end I was quite happy and all up I spent less than $100 so win win.....and it sits up high and doesn't scrape on everything.

IMG_6518.JPG

IMG_6519.JPG

IMG_6521.JPG

IMG_6525.JPG

IMG_6527.JPG

IMG_6534.JPG

IMG_6536.JPG

IMG_6537.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...