SAU Community

The ever evolving R32 GTR build

• 4 weeks later...

In the process of replacing bushes in front & rear camber arms with the adjustable occentric (spelling?) Whiteline items.

Found whilst doing this the whole rear has had all bushes replaced prior to my purchase (blue items, so assuming Superpro???) but no adjustment, will either sell these or chuck them in the SIL80.

IMG_6916.JPG

IMG_6917.JPG

IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6922.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Only a small update but goes along well with the theme of continuing the general tidy up of the car...

New left hand reverse light to replace my old cracked one...

IMG_7007.JPG

IMG_7008.JPG

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:30 PM, jmknights93 said:

When did you get that? I just sent one out to someone within the last 2 weeks, it wasn't you was it?

haha :) just checked my bank account and yes it was a Joshua so it looks like this is a rather small world :4_joy:

Thanks again!!!

• Like 1

Picked up a pair of -7's quite cheap as one had a seal fail.

Reason for grabbing these is I believe one of mine may have done a seal. I'm getting white smoke but only on deceleration after a hard run. (could also possibly be valve stem seals!?!)

My thoughts are to look at possibly selling on the two good turbos and look at getting the 2 failed ones rebuilt and more importantly hi-flowed......

My goal is between 360-380rwkw's with the best response possible. Of course with supporting mods (Kelford cams, 1250cc injectors, ARP head studs, More boost, E85 etc.....) think I have all the other supporting requirements.....

Going to research more and possibly chat to @hyper-gear & @Forgeperformance about putting some new tech into these old turbos so that hopefully I can make the power I want with all of it in before 4000RPM......mmmmm wonder if I'm expecting too much :blink:

I am very well aware that a single will do all this.....and some easily but that's not even a consideration for me.....

IMG_7053.JPG

IMG_7055.JPG

Edited by mr_rbman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Robzilla32 said:

Shhh....say that quietly or the EFR boys will hear you.

haha, don't get me wrong....incredibly tempting given the results they are producing.....

but I've bought the sil80 to go a little more crazy with, the GTR will now be about slowly (partially) restoring whilst still giving it plenty of poke for those Sunday drives (the old school sleepa)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Things quiet at work so took last week off and decided to prep the Sil80 for paint (never prepped a car for paint before :-/)

Pretty happy with where I got to, ready now for my mate who's spraying it to bog fill the dents.

Many different coloured panels found :) but hardly any rust so looking good.

Thought I'd do the brakes quickly while I was at it too.

IMG_7196.JPG

IMG_7197.JPG

IMG_7204.JPG

IMG_7205.JPG

IMG_7210.JPG

IMG_7211.JPG

IMG_7213.JPG

IMG_7214.JPG

IMG_7215.JPG

IMG_7216.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Soooo.....been a while since I've been on here and a bit has happened.....

My mate who was spraying the SIL80 and of course doing me a good deal moved workshops and could no longer paint her up, I got a few quotes and they were all more than I really wanted to spend so bit the bullet and sold the SIL80.

The new toy is seen below, i figured whilst not perfect it was a far better base to start with and being newer possibly less to do / go wrong.......more on that in the next post, i got her quite cheap and fitted up my newly acquired TE37's but 17 x 9 +22 don't work too well on S15's so they'll live on the GTR and for now I'll run the R32 GTR wheels....

IMG_7528.JPG

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7555.JPG

IMG_7556.JPG

• Like 1