SAU Community

The ever evolving R32 GTR build

Kept very busy over the xmas / new year break...

The shed is finally getting to where I pictured it.

Dunno what I ever did without a hoist.

Completed an SST service on the Evo, surprised at how much I don't mind the 'auto'

Chucked the TE's on to see how they fit ready for extra curricular activities...

IMG_3165.JPG

IMG_3166.JPG

IMG_3168.JPG

IMG_3176.JPG

IMG_3205.JPG

IMG_3207.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaymoR32 said:

Hoist looks good mate! whats the height of the posts? building a house shortly and im looking at getting shed quotes in the next couple of weeks.

3607mm I believe to the top of the posts, I had just a few mm to spare ;)

nice setup mate looks peaceful. great place to tuck away and enjoy some cars while the world remains f****d in the head. nice cars too. cheers mate slowly going through your thread there's some nice stuff here.

• Like 1

i am also in the process of having a little shop made...i was wondering if you think its worth it to get the floor epoxied? They say its easier to clean but i truly like the finish you have on your better. let me know your thoughts mate.

16 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

i am also in the process of having a little shop made...i was wondering if you think its worth it to get the floor epoxied? They say its easier to clean but i truly like the finish you have on your better. let me know your thoughts mate.

I'd always planned when building the shed to coat the floors but when it came to it I looked into the costs and had second thoughts.

My mate then just recently put me on to this clear epoxy that a lot of industrial builders use that you can add a tint too and was a fraction of the cost.

I did ~100sqm for less than $250 AUD and i'm very happy with the results, dropped a few things already and it's help up.

Cleaning up, even just dirt/dust is a breeze now compared to the bare concrete.

• 2 months later...

Grabbed a new coolant overflow bottle from GKTech and starting sourcing A/C lines.

Getting a few engine bay items Cerakoted too so will be keen to see how they turn out...

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

IMG_3392.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Also had a few bits for the 32 Cerkoted to continue the tidy up of the engine bay, nuts and bolts really stand out now so that's next on the list, think black zinc coat

Though a more pressing issue has now arisen, I have all the parts re-installed but the car won't start, it turns over but doesn't fire :-|

Obviously the fuel rail was removed along with the throttle linkages which I went back over but all seems ok to my untrained eye. Hoping it's something simple but so far it has me stumped.

IMG_3448.JPG

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG

IMG_3453.JPG

IMG_3459.JPG

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

On 3/19/2021 at 2:11 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Looks sexual, and are your fuel lines reversed?

Fuel -> Fuel Filter -> Rail -> FPR -> Return to tank

this was my first thought as i did this with my old gtst many years back but it's near impossible to reverse the fuel lines on the GTR...

Closer pics of how the costing came up on the linkages please? Was looking at mine today and wondering what the best solution is to get them looking good again. Did the require them disassembled or did you send them in complete as they came off the car? 

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2021 at 8:23 PM, iruvyouskyrine said:

Closer pics of how the costing came up on the linkages please? Was looking at mine today and wondering what the best solution is to get them looking good again. Did the require them disassembled or did you send them in complete as they came off the car? 

Apologies on the terribly slow reply...

I sent them in complete but they ended up disassembling them...

thumbnail_IMG_3684.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3690.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3691.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3692.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3693.jpg

On 3/19/2021 at 2:11 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Looks sexual, and are your fuel lines reversed?

Fuel -> Fuel Filter -> Rail -> FPR -> Return to tank

Ended up being this pesky little bugger, still not sure how I blew this (25a - Engine Control) and how i didn't check fuses first 🙄

Three auto parts stores later and I have a new one, albeit 30 instead of 25 amp...

thumbnail_IMG_3687.jpg

• Haha 1

Playing around on the tig this R&R getting my practice on before I tackle the Evo's exhaust, getting better every time I play, just don't do enough of it...

This is an exhaust I'm doing for my 125cc Yamaha Raptor Quad...

thumbnail_IMG_3673.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3682.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/10/2021 at 6:39 PM, Shoota_77 said:

Very nice tigging, good job!

Agood selection of toys you have there!

Cheers mate.

Definitely good having the choice between cars and bikes depending on the weather.

Got out to my first cars & coffee over the weekend now that the GTR's going again.

Some of these photographers filters make the car really pop, bit like these insta models ;)

IMG_3741.JPG

IMG_3763.JPG

IMG_3765.JPG

IMG_3766.JPG

IMG_3768.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_3771.JPG

• Like 5

Any of you guys got recommendations on where to source 3" SS mufflers &/ resonators?

Have bought my bends, flexi joints, V-bands etc. from bend brothers but they don't do the above...