SAU Community

The Resurection...

G'day all. After a LOOOOONG layoff, there are moves afoot to get my R32 GTR back prowling the road and track again.

I know, as things are getting pulled down and refurbished/replaced etc I will find things that, frankly, I've forgotten where to find replacements etc. it's been ages since I've had time to immerse myself back in this world, but I'm looking forward to it!

I won't give up too much info on what my car will hope to turn out like(poker face for a good surprise, I'm hoping!), but I will throw the occasional question out to the masses if I need advice/help

So, let's see how I go getting the unicorn back up and running!

• Like 2

So: first question! The bonnet mould/front lip. I would like a new GENUINE one. I believe the part number is 65820-06U25 or now F5820-05U00? Does anyone have a lead on this? I'm waiting for Nissan Australia to get back to me, but I don't think the price will be pretty, LOL!

Amayama.com

And be pleasantly surprised at price.

By pleasant, did you mean in 'having a root canal surgery without anaesthetic' pleasant?!? I just checked now, and my eyes watered... The part was $404 the last time Nissan Oz could get it. Care to guess what Amayama.com has it at?

So: first question! The bonnet mould/front lip. I would like a new GENUINE one. I believe the part number is 65820-06U25 or now F5820-05U00? Does anyone have a lead on this? I'm waiting for Nissan Australia to get back to me, but I don't think the price will be pretty, LOL!

as far as i am aware the bonnet lips are sold pre-painted so the part number varies on what colour you want

are you replacing an existing genuine lip (genuine lips are rubber and have bolts through bonnet) or does you GTR not have one?

personally i wouldnt bother with the genuine rubber one - go aftermarket fibreglass. they look the same

the issue with genuine ones, being rubber, is that they are flexible. the clearcoat on your paint is not. any movement and the clearcoat cracks

i just had my gtr resprayed and it has a full genuine n1 kit. the bonnet lip was resprayed (as it was all cracked) off the car and the clearcoat cracked so it was redone. within a few weeks the clearcoat cracked again so the lip was fixed onto the bonnet with a plastic glue that doesnt move and resprayed whilst on the car. If i did it again i would definately go fibreglass. used a fibreglass one my gts and never had an issue.

the n1 boot lip is the same (rubber) and my one was too far gone and went fibreglass. You cant tell the difference.

Edited by gts25

By pleasant, did you mean in 'having a root canal surgery without anaesthetic' pleasant?!? I just checked now, and my eyes watered... The part was $404 the last time Nissan Oz could get it. Care to guess what Amayama.com has it at?

Should be 1/3-1/4 price of Nissan AU if bought from Emirates.

Was the case with nearly every Nissan parts I've bought in the past.

So, my next step... I need to get the Nissan part numbers for front and rear 'glass moulds(I'm pretty sure the rear is many parts, so I'm assuming the front will be too?), side(3/4) glass and moulds(if they come with them separately; if they come as one part number, even better). I have a lovely friend that has offered to help my get F.A.S.T. onto my MacBook, but if someone knows these part numbers in advance, this would help immensely!

• 1 month later...

So, my next step... I need to get the Nissan part numbers for front and rear 'glass moulds(I'm pretty sure the rear is many parts, so I'm assuming the front will be too?), side(3/4) glass and moulds(if they come with them separately; if they come as one part number, even better). I have a lovely friend that has offered to help my get F.A.S.T. onto my MacBook, but if someone knows these part numbers in advance, this would help immensely!

Anyone have some insight here? I've yet to see the lady that can help me with F.A.S.T., and I'm needing these numbers...

Anyone have some insight here? I've yet to see the lady that can help me with F.A.S.T., and I'm needing these numbers...

you dont need nissan fast to ascertain part numbers.

use this site: http://jp-carparts.com/nissan/cartypelist.php?maker=nissan&type=79

choose your model number and parts for that model are categorised by area i.e. engine, interior etc.

you will find any part number you need here. then you can take that part number to nissan, amayama etc

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
cant wait to see it back on the road. Last time you showed me it in your garage it seemed a shame to leave it there!!!!!

Oh, it's coming back. Not straight away, but it's coming. And once she's finished, I'll be happy to say I will tread lightly, but carry a very big stick...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a million(ok, maybe 60 or so...)new photos to upload, however... doing them one by one on the app is exceptionally painful and frustrating! Suffice to say...she lives.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...