SAU Community

Story Time

GoHard

Pete have you removed the radio yet? You don't need it for drive on and off the trailer :P.

I thought if the Police were called out, they had to charge someone? My mum was charged for neg driving when some random crazy guy in a disability scooter drove/rode across a busy roundabout and crashed into the rear guard of my mum's old car.

No there were no pedestrian crossings/footpaths there.

Pete have you removed the radio yet? You don't need it for drive on and off the trailer :P.

I thought if the Police were called out, they had to charge someone?

I believe that is only if the ambulance service is called in a takes someone to hospital. Something like that in Victoria anyway.

An interesting thing also, police in nsw do not respond to car crashes unless someone is hurt.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/police-will-no-longer-need-to-be-called-to-minor-road-accidents/news-story/aaf0a088e705be4128c23759ec8cd9c7

My Aunty got t-boned by a p plater and there was a cop sitting there at the intersection when it happened. They did attend mind you (would look pretty bad just to rubberneck as you drove past) but they told my aunty they don't attend minor accidents anymore and to make sure you get a the insurance details. They hopped back in their car abd drove off. This p plater got nothing. But the funny thing is, is that if that p plater ran that red light that infront of the cop and DIDN'T clean my Aunty up... worst prick in the world

Edited by GoHard

If you are being intimidated by occupant/s in the other car, lie down on the side of the road and have someone call authorities. And remember the registration plate of the other car.

Once a call is responded to, an Event Number is mandatory.

If you are being intimidated by occupant/s in the other car, lie down on the side of the road and have someone call authorities. And remember the registration plate of the other car.

Once a call is responded to, an Event Number is mandatory.

Yeah. As far as I'm aware, you can call an ambulance and not even pay. Thats what (most of us here) are paying $600 a year for (ctp)

If an ambulance os called, pretty sure bet that a cop will be there to check it out too.

In my case police were called because the road was blocked on a blind corner. Fark me, you should have seen us all run when this truck come around the bend and locked up. He ended up about a meter from the front of my wreck, so i had 4 cops, and 2 firetrucks. Pretty colours. Its like a disco when it happens in the dark!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/23/2016 at 9:18 PM, Anfanee said:

I think we are all missing the point.... With the massive insurance payout you will now get, when are you buying a GTR?

Lol i ended up getting over 200k. Did not expect that.

Thanks to all who gave their thoughts. It was a wild ride I wouldn't wish apon my enemies.

...still not buying a gtr tho ?

• Like 1